28 Nov 2006 15:42:40
Druid
Yorkshire hypocrisy

The following is from the Bradford Telegraph and Argus.

As you will all no doubt know, Yorkshire CCC approached
Chris Adams while Adams was under contract to Sussex. This
is contrary to ECB regulations.

After discussions, Adams decided to stick to his contract
with Sussex.

Now, according to this article, McGrath wants to leave Yorkshire.
YCCC have stated that they will not allow him to leave, and will
seek damages if another county tries to sign him!

They also accuse Adams of "reneging", when in fact he STUCK to
the contract that the Puddings tried to induce him to renege on!

As the saying goes, " You couldn't make it up! "

A pox on YCCC and the hypocrites that run them. They already seemed
doomed to relegation next year, a fate they totally deserve based
on their underhand business practices.

Article follows:


"Bradford-born Anthony McGrath could find himself involved in a costly
legal wrangle with Yorkshire after rejecting the club's offer to hand
him the captaincy and then continuing to request his release from a
contract which still has two years to run.

Yorkshire insist they will not willingly let their star batsman go and
chief executive, Stewart Regan, says they will seek damages for the
value of his contract if another county steps in for his services.

"If it came to a court of law we could not force anyone to play for
the club but if he intends to try and break his contract then it will
ultimately end up in solicitors' hands," said Regan. "It is a very sad
state of affairs but we have to accept that if he doesn't want to play
for the club then we cannot put a bat in his hands and make him play."

McGrath, 31, has not yet made himself available to comment on the
situation or given the reasons why he wants to leave but several
counties are believed to be interested in signing one of domestic
cricket's top players and his name has already been strongly linked to
Lancashire.

In order to tempt McGrath to stay, Yorkshire offered him the captaincy
shortly after Chris Adams had reneged on the post and decided to
remain with Sussex."




29 Nov 2006 05:38:20
Robert Henderson
Re: Yorkshire hypocrisy

In message <[email protected] >, Druid
<[email protected] > writes
>"If it came to a court of law we could not force anyone to play for the
>club but if he intends to try and break his contract then it will
>ultimately end up in solicitors' hands," said Regan. "It is a very sad
>state of affairs but we have to accept that if he doesn't want to play
>for the club then we cannot put a bat in his hands and make him play."

T' hypocrisy is reet champion. RH
--
Robert Henderson
Blair Scandal website: http://www.geocities.com/blairscandal/
Personal website: http://www.anywhere.demon.co.uk


05 Dec 2006 15:45:17
Dean Jarratt
Re: Yorkshire hypocrisy

Druid <[email protected] > wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> A pox on YCCC and the hypocrites that run them. They already seemed
> doomed to relegation next year, a fate they totally deserve based
> on their underhand business practices.

I've got a feeling that Rashid and Lawson might do well for Yorkshire next
season. If that happens I don't think they'll be looking at relegation. I
mean, come on, which English batsmen can face leg-spin.

> McGrath, 31, has not yet made himself available to comment on the
> situation or given the reasons why he wants to leave but several
> counties are believed to be interested in signing one of domestic
> cricket's top players and his name has already been strongly linked to
> Lancashire.

Top players? McGrath? He averages about 37 or so (when I last checked),
he's got far more talent than he shows, but he's too busy tossing it off
instead of working hard. If it was up to me, I'd see him batting in a
bloody dress.


05 Dec 2006 08:10:53
Richard Dixon
Re: Yorkshire hypocrisy


Dean Jarratt wrote:

> I've got a feeling that Rashid and Lawson might do well for Yorkshire next
> season. If that happens I don't think they'll be looking at relegation. I
> mean, come on, which English batsmen can face leg-spin.

They were already forming quite a team towards the tail end of last
season:

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/yorkshire/engine/match/225067.html
14 wickets between them

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/yorkshire/engine/match/225060.html
12 wickets including all 10 in the 2nd inns

Given the current malaise in the international side, I'm hoping next
season sees Broad and one of Rashid/Lawson getting a chance at
international level, although this season is probably too early for the
spinners. Broad and Rashid both seem very confident, almost cocky guys
compared with the withdrawn characters like Anderson/Harmison.

Cheers
Richard



10 Dec 2006 18:21:18
David North
Re: Yorkshire hypocrisy

"Dean Jarratt" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Druid <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> McGrath, 31, has not yet made himself available to comment on the
>> situation or given the reasons why he wants to leave but several
>> counties are believed to be interested in signing one of domestic
>> cricket's top players and his name has already been strongly linked to
>> Lancashire.
>
> Top players? McGrath? He averages about 37 or so (when I last checked),

Overall, yes, but about 60 over the last two seasons.
--
David North