30 Nov 2006 09:28:50
Sid
The Barmy Army's Eddie Calvert

Looks like his trumpet playing may have
been banned at the Adelaide Oval.

Tell you what. I'd rather hear his renditions
than the monotonous tone of all those
toy horns played by Pakistani fans.

Sid

30 Nov 2006 03:02:00
Richard Dixon
Re: The Barmy Army's Eddie Calvert

Sid wrote:

> Looks like his trumpet playing may have
> been banned at the Adelaide Oval.

Blimey - I thought British rulemongers were uptight. No wonder all
these stewards are called "The Fun Police".

Richard

01 Dec 2006 13:04:25
Dave -Turner
Re: The Barmy Army's Eddie Calvert

> I'd rather hear his renditions
> than the monotonous tone of all those
> toy horns played by Pakistani fans.

Exactly why trumpets are banned - they're annoying.

01 Dec 2006 06:37:02
Luke Curtis

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:28:50 GMT, Sid <[email protected] > wrote:

>Looks like his trumpet playing may have
>been banned at the Adelaide Oval.
>
>Tell you what. I'd rather hear his renditions
>than the monotonous tone of all those
>toy horns played by Pakistani fans.
>
>Sid

He has been give assurances that although he is banned from this one
he will be allowed to play at the 3 final tests.

01 Dec 2006 21:11:07
Andrew Dunford
Re: The Barmy Army's Eddie Calvert

"Dave -Turner" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>> I'd rather hear his renditions
>> than the monotonous tone of all those
>> toy horns played by Pakistani fans.
>
> Exactly why trumpets are banned - they're annoying.

Trumpets played purely as *noise* are annoying, and indistinguishable from
the infernal horns. The thing about the Barmy Army bloke is that he plays
tunes, which is a little more palatable.

Actually I've changed my mind again: the trumpeter encourages the BA to
sing; their singing is repetitive, tuneless and drives one round the bend
over the course of a day. So ban the trumpeter!

Andrew

01 Dec 2006 03:17:06

Dave -Turner wrote:

> Exactly why trumpets are banned - they're annoying.

There's a big difference between someone playing a few tunes and a
single note being played by 10,000 people.

Or maybe you're just tone deaf :-)

Richard

01 Dec 2006 03:18:00

Luke Curtis wrote:

> He has been give assurances that although he is banned from this one
> he will be allowed to play at the 3 final tests.

And if it gets under people's skins as much as it does Dave Turner's,
it must be a good thing. :-)

Only joking Dave...

Richard