26 Mar 2008 19:46:29
grumpyoldhori
Southee to open batting ?

Christ at least he will give it a bloody go.
If you are going down, go down fighting, well
bowled and bloody well batted to that lad.
--
grumpy

26 Mar 2008 21:09:45
Andrew Dunford
Re: Southee to open batting ?

"grumpyoldhori" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Christ at least he will give it a bloody go.

I don't mean to be rude but Test cricket is a two innings match and Southee
doesn't get another turn.

<snip >

Andrew

26 Mar 2008 01:24:32
Offramp
Re: Southee to open batting ?

On Mar 26, 7:46 am, grumpyoldhori <[email protected] > wrote:
> Christ at least he will give it a bloody go.
> If you are going down, go down fighting, well
> bowled and bloody well batted to that lad.
> --
> grumpy

5-55 & 0-84 and 5 & 77*. It's very good for a number 10.

Botham in 1977 v Australia had 5-77 & 0-60, and 25.

26 Mar 2008 21:37:56
grumpyoldhori
Re: Southee to open batting ?

Andrew Dunford wrote:

> I don't mean to be rude but Test cricket is a two innings match and
> Southee doesn't get another turn.

In England, he will be taking the place of Bell.
--
grumpy

26 Mar 2008 08:57:42
Andy Leighton
Re: Southee to open batting ?

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:46:29 +1200,
grumpyoldhori <[email protected] > wrote:

> Christ at least he will give it a bloody go.
> If you are going down, go down fighting, well
> bowled and bloody well batted to that lad.

I think he is a great prospect for your lot (I assume you are a kiwi)
and I look forward to seeing him bowl later on this year. However he
is still a youngster and needs to be carefully managed - England have
had far too many youngsters who have fallen by the wayside because of
being rushed into the side and having too much pressure placed on them
before they were ready.

--
Andy Leighton = > [email protected]
- Robert Rankin, _They Came And Ate Us_

27 Mar 2008 08:13:45
grumpyoldhori
Re: Southee to open batting ?

Andy Leighton wrote:

> I think he is a great prospect for your lot (I assume you are a kiwi)
> and I look forward to seeing him bowl later on this year.  However he
> is still a youngster and needs to be carefully managed - England have
> had far too many youngsters who have fallen by the wayside because of

Very true, but having a bowler as the gaffer should help.
--
grumpy