31 Mar 2006 19:04:40
max.it
GL6/5 Umpires exam?

I passed the GL6, 95%, and I would recommend it to anyone
who has to umpire cricket matches, and who has 12 weeks free during
the winter. For a few years now I have been umpiring and I like it,
but it didn't mean anything, someone had to do it.
Now I get to do a whole match, with a proper colleague, without having
to run about and do both ends, and I get a fee !

This course has clarified a load of stuff for me, and made me
confident in my own umpiring abilities.

max.it

01 Apr 2006 08:55:35
Paul White
Re: GL6/5 Umpires exam?

"max.it" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> I passed the GL6, 95%, and I would recommend it to anyone
> who has to umpire cricket matches, and who has 12 weeks free during
> the winter. For a few years now I have been umpiring and I like it,
> but it didn't mean anything, someone had to do it.
> Now I get to do a whole match, with a proper colleague, without having
> to run about and do both ends, and I get a fee !
>
> This course has clarified a load of stuff for me, and made me
> confident in my own umpiring abilities.
>
> max.it

As coach of Oxfordshire Ladies, I have agreed to write a quiz on the basic
laws of the game, well basically no ball, lbw and line decisions. Does
anyone know where I can find on line a number of .jpgs that I could import
into a Word document for demonstative purposes. I do not not think that if
I scanned in the photos from 'Tom Smith', they would come out that great.
Also the slides on the GL5 cd-rom are aren't clear enough to use either.

Any ideas?

Paul White

01 Apr 2006 15:45:18
max.it
Re: GL6/5 Umpires exam?

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 08:55:35 +0100, "Paul White"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>"max.it" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>>
>> I passed the GL6, 95%, and I would recommend it to anyone
>> who has to umpire cricket matches, and who has 12 weeks free during
>> the winter. For a few years now I have been umpiring and I like it,
>> but it didn't mean anything, someone had to do it.
>> Now I get to do a whole match, with a proper colleague, without having
>> to run about and do both ends, and I get a fee !
>>
>> This course has clarified a load of stuff for me, and made me
>> confident in my own umpiring abilities.
>>
>> max.it
>
>As coach of Oxfordshire Ladies, I have agreed to write a quiz on the basic
>laws of the game, well basically no ball, lbw and line decisions. Does
>anyone know where I can find on line a number of .jpgs that I could import
>into a Word document for demonstative purposes. I do not not think that if
>I scanned in the photos from 'Tom Smith', they would come out that great.
>Also the slides on the GL5 cd-rom are aren't clear enough to use either.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Paul White

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/in_depth/2001/england_v_pakistan/1372828.stm

max.it

01 Apr 2006 17:39:29
Paul White
Re: GL6/5 Umpires exam?

"max.it" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 08:55:35 +0100, "Paul White"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"max.it" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]
>>>
>>> I passed the GL6, 95%, and I would recommend it to anyone
>>> who has to umpire cricket matches, and who has 12 weeks free during
>>> the winter. For a few years now I have been umpiring and I like it,
>>> but it didn't mean anything, someone had to do it.
>>> Now I get to do a whole match, with a proper colleague, without having
>>> to run about and do both ends, and I get a fee !
>>>
>>> This course has clarified a load of stuff for me, and made me
>>> confident in my own umpiring abilities.
>>>
>>> max.it
>>
>>As coach of Oxfordshire Ladies, I have agreed to write a quiz on the basic
>>laws of the game, well basically no ball, lbw and line decisions. Does
>>anyone know where I can find on line a number of .jpgs that I could import
>>into a Word document for demonstative purposes. I do not not think that
>>if
>>I scanned in the photos from 'Tom Smith', they would come out that great.
>>Also the slides on the GL5 cd-rom are aren't clear enough to use either.
>>
>>Any ideas?
>>
>>Paul White
>>

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/in_depth/2001/england_v_pakistan/1372828.stm
>
> max.it