25 Nov 2006 01:14:56
Serge
Barmy Army threatens to go home

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/england/6179710.stm

The reason we threw the Barmy Army trumpeter, Bill Cooper out of
the Gabba, is because he plays as well as England.

Let's face it, the English performance in the First Test was nothing to
trumpet about and I reckon Trescothick had the right idea in avoiding
the humiliation of his teammates by feigning mental illness and pissing off.

Simply put, the Great Unwashed are no match for their betters.

Christ! You wouldn't be a Pom for quids.

24 Nov 2006 06:55:07
Richard Dixon
Re: Barmy Army threatens to go home

Serge wrote:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/england/6179710.stm
>
> The reason we threw the Barmy Army trumpeter, Bill Cooper out of
> the Gabba, is because he plays as well as England.

Ever thought of doing stand-up?

Nice work from the people who threw out the trumpeter - there was me
thinking stuffiness and heavy-handedness was restricted to Lord's. Mind
you, the Aussies must desperately want the Ashes back so I suppose
they'll try anything off and on the field to get them back. Bless.

Richard

25 Nov 2006 05:18:16
RooBoy
Re: Barmy Army threatens to go home

"Serge" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/england/6179710.stm
>
> The reason we threw the Barmy Army trumpeter, Bill Cooper out of
> the Gabba, is because he plays as well as England.
>
> Let's face it, the English performance in the First Test was nothing to
> trumpet about and I reckon Trescothick had the right idea in avoiding
> the humiliation of his teammates by feigning mental illness and pissing
> off.
>
> Simply put, the Great Unwashed are no match for their betters.
>
> Christ! You wouldn't be a Pom for quids.
>

> It was very petty throwing him out though, eventhough he is a Pom

24 Nov 2006 20:19:05
Don H
Re: Barmy Army threatens to go home

"Serge" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/england/6179710.stm
>
> The reason we threw the Barmy Army trumpeter, Bill Cooper out of
> the Gabba, is because he plays as well as England.
>
> Let's face it, the English performance in the First Test was nothing to
> trumpet about and I reckon Trescothick had the right idea in avoiding
> the humiliation of his teammates by feigning mental illness and pissing
off.

> Simply put, the Great Unwashed are no match for their betters.
>
> Christ! You wouldn't be a Pom for quids.

# I'm afraid I've only a passing interest in sport as such. If some
persons want to stand out in the hot sun hitting a ball with a stick, then
that's their business. And if others want to cheer them on, also in the hot
sun, then so be it.
What is cricket? It's the aim of hitting three sticks with a ball, the
sticks being defended by a chap with a bat. Now surely, the best method of
hitting the sticks is to ensure every ball you bowl is aimed at those
sticks; the more accurate you are, the better. If you bowl "wide" of the
"stumps" then the batsman has the choice of letting the ball go past, or
hitting it. But if the ball is aimed at the stumps every time, then he has
no choice but to take action. Concentration, or ability, can wane, and then
you've got him.
As the aim is to defend the stumps with the bat, then interposing "pad" is
illegal - and video-replay can and should be used, re spin bowlers and LBW
decisions.
Why am I now so knowledgeable about cricket? Yesterday I visited
relatives, and they insisted on watching the game on TV. Yawn.
"Sport" is the one thing most Australians take seriously. Their nation
can be taken over economically by foreigners, and they couldn't care less;
but a loss at sport - and a National Day of Mourning is virtually declared.
"Bails to Ashes, for them folk lust; if the Poms don't have 'em, Aussies
must." Tea break, anyone?

25 Nov 2006 07:09:23
RooBoy
Re: Barmy Army threatens to go home

"Don H" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Serge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/england/6179710.stm
>>
>> The reason we threw the Barmy Army trumpeter, Bill Cooper out of
>> the Gabba, is because he plays as well as England.
>>
>> Let's face it, the English performance in the First Test was nothing to
>> trumpet about and I reckon Trescothick had the right idea in avoiding
>> the humiliation of his teammates by feigning mental illness and pissing
> off.
>>
>> Simply put, the Great Unwashed are no match for their betters.
>>
>> Christ! You wouldn't be a Pom for quids.
>>

> # I'm afraid I've only a passing interest in sport as such. If some
> persons want to stand out in the hot sun hitting a ball with a stick, then
> that's their business. And if others want to cheer them on, also in the
> hot
> sun, then so be it.
> What is cricket? It's the aim of hitting three sticks with a ball, the
> sticks being defended by a chap with a bat. Now surely, the best method
> of
> hitting the sticks is to ensure every ball you bowl is aimed at those
> sticks; the more accurate you are, the better. If you bowl "wide" of the
> "stumps" then the batsman has the choice of letting the ball go past, or
> hitting it. But if the ball is aimed at the stumps every time, then he
> has
> no choice but to take action. Concentration, or ability, can wane, and
> then
> you've got him.
> As the aim is to defend the stumps with the bat, then interposing "pad"
> is
> illegal - and video-replay can and should be used, re spin bowlers and LBW
> decisions.
> Why am I now so knowledgeable about cricket? Yesterday I visited
> relatives, and they insisted on watching the game on TV. Yawn.
> "Sport" is the one thing most Australians take seriously. Their nation
> can be taken over economically by foreigners, and they couldn't care less;
> but a loss at sport - and a National Day of Mourning is virtually
> declared.
> "Bails to Ashes, for them folk lust; if the Poms don't have 'em, Aussies
> must." Tea break, anyone?

I hear the Pommy Nespapers are calling Trescothick, Stresscothick

25 Nov 2006 00:26:20
Tony Foster
Re: Barmy Army threatens to go home

> I hear the Pommy Nespapers are calling Trescothick, Stresscothick

What's a nespaper?

25 Nov 2006 01:18:38
Mad Dog anti EU

Richard Dixon wrote:
|| Serge wrote:
||| http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/england/6179710.stm
||| The reason we threw the Barmy Army trumpeter, Bill Cooper out of
||| the Gabba, is because he plays as well as England.
|| Ever thought of doing stand-up?
|| Nice work from the people who threw out the trumpeter - there was me
|| thinking stuffiness and heavy-handedness was restricted to Lord's. Mind
|| you, the Aussies must desperately want the Ashes back so I suppose
|| they'll try anything off and on the field to get them back. Bless.

Mind going back to last Summer it was a little disrespectful to be playing
Land of Hope and Glory over the PA system.

I can tell you who was behind it as well, Alex Stewart !!!

--
"A horse a horse my kingdom for a horse, I haven't had a winner in six
months".

MD

25 Nov 2006 01:22:34
Mad Dog anti EU

Don H wrote:
|| "Serge" <[email protected] > wrote in message
|| news:[email protected]
||| http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/england/6179710.stm
||| The reason we threw the Barmy Army trumpeter, Bill Cooper out of
||| the Gabba, is because he plays as well as England.
||| Let's face it, the English performance in the First Test was nothing to
||| trumpet about and I reckon Trescothick had the right idea in avoiding
||| the humiliation of his teammates by feigning mental illness and pissing
||| off.
||| Simply put, the Great Unwashed are no match for their betters.
||| Christ! You wouldn't be a Pom for quids.
|| # I'm afraid I've only a passing interest in sport as such. If some
|| persons want to stand out in the hot sun hitting a ball with a stick,
|| then that's their business. And if others want to cheer them on, also
|| in the hot sun, then so be it.
|| What is cricket? It's the aim of hitting three sticks with a ball, the
|| sticks being defended by a chap with a bat. Now surely, the best method
|| of hitting the sticks is to ensure every ball you bowl is aimed at those
|| sticks; the more accurate you are, the better. If you bowl "wide" of the
|| "stumps" then the batsman has the choice of letting the ball go past, or
|| hitting it. But if the ball is aimed at the stumps every time, then he
|| has no choice but to take action. Concentration, or ability, can wane,
|| and then you've got him.
|| As the aim is to defend the stumps with the bat, then interposing "pad"
|| is illegal - and video-replay can and should be used, re spin bowlers
|| and LBW decisions.
|| Why am I now so knowledgeable about cricket? Yesterday I visited
|| relatives, and they insisted on watching the game on TV. Yawn.
|| "Sport" is the one thing most Australians take seriously. Their nation
|| can be taken over economically by foreigners, and they couldn't care
|| less; but a loss at sport - and a National Day of Mourning is virtually
|| declared. "Bails to Ashes, for them folk lust; if the Poms don't have
|| 'em, Aussies must." Tea break, anyone?

Nah.

"Ashes to ashes dust to dust, if Lillie don't get you Thommo must".

--
"A horse a horse my kingdom for a horse, I haven't had a winner in six
months".

MD

25 Nov 2006 19:16:28
Serge
Re: Barmy Army threatens to go home

"RooBoy" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Serge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/england/6179710.stm
> >
> > The reason we threw the Barmy Army trumpeter, Bill Cooper
> > out of the Gabba, is because he plays as well as England.
> >
> > Let's face it, the English performance in the First Test was nothing
> > to trumpet about and I reckon Trescothick had the right idea in
> > avoiding the humiliation of his teammates by feigning mental illness
> > and pissing off.
> >
> > Simply put, the Great Unwashed are no match for their betters.
> >
> > Christ! You wouldn't be a Pom for quids.
> >

> It was very petty throwing him out though, eventhough he is a Pom

Why? Who wants a drunken, smelly pom blaring away on a noisy
instrument that he can't string two notes together on?

I just pray that the influx of Eastern European trash improves the
English blood line.

Who knows, they might even develop a spine.

25 Nov 2006 00:55:30

Serge wrote:

> Why? Who wants a drunken, smelly pom blaring away on a noisy
> instrument that he can't string two notes together on?

Look don't worry, I know it's been a stressful and indignified 18
months for you not having the Ashes and being actually beaten by those
spineless poms and all that, but you'll have them back soon. In the
mean time, keep on spurting: I know it's a troubled time for you, but
it'll be all over soon. A problem aired is a problem shared and all
that, so let it all out. Good lad. There there.

Right, I best have a bath seeing as I "smell".

Richard

p.s. Oh and have you actually ever heard the Barmy Army trumpeter?
Thought not.

25 Nov 2006 14:50:42

Serge wrote:
> Why? Who wants a drunken, smelly pom blaring away on a noisy
> instrument that he can't string two notes together on?

the barmy army trumpeter does actually play trumpet for the london
philharmonic as well so i'd guess he isnt that bad:

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,20814087-12428,00.html

26 Nov 2006 10:38:22
fasgnadh

Serge wrote:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/england/6179710.stm
>
> The reason we threw the Barmy Army trumpeter, Bill Cooper out of
> the Gabba, is because he plays as well as England.
>
> Let's face it, the English performance in the First Test was nothing to
> trumpet about and I reckon Trescothick had the right idea in avoiding
> the humiliation of his teammates by feigning mental illness and pissing off.
>
> Simply put, the Great Unwashed are no match for their betters.
>
> Christ! You wouldn't be a Pom for quids.

Look on the even brighter side, the poms did so badly that
Elton John changed his mind about coming to watch the test,
and stayed home in England! B^D

----------

US Congressional investigation June 2004:
"What motivated the September 11 Attacks"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1bm2GPoFfg

---------

"We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other
and fight to defend our rights and liberties."

---------

There is a fundamental distinction between
multicultural and Multiculturalism, which racists
constantly and deliberately confuse.

A society is multicultural if it has more than one
culture being practised within that society.

'Multicultural - A society which embraces a number
of minority cultures' - Macquarie Dictionary

MulticulturalISM is two things, the -ISM indicates that it
is a set of beliefs or ideas about multiculture,
ie a recognition of multicultural REALITY, an acceptance of it,
a celebration of it.
But it is ALSO a set of government policies to
formalize that recognition, acceptance and celebration!
Thus the Howard government has a Department which documents
the positive economic social and foreign policy benefits from
having a successful, open, democratic multicultural society."

Recently Howard has decided to abandon national unity through
freedom and diversity and return to the language of the White
Australia policy.

Australians will have to choose if they want a future,
or a return to the past.

---------

The Official [Est. June 2000] aus.culture.true-blue FAQ ;

http://geocities.com/fairdinkum_trueblue/faq.html

The true-blue Homestead;

http://geocities.com/fairdinkum_trueblue/

The true-blue Hall Of Fame;

http://www.geocities.com/trueblue_hall_of_fame/index.html

The Tuckerbox;

http://www.geocities.com/true_blue_tucker_box/index.html

-----------

26 Nov 2006 01:15:35
David North
Re: Barmy Army threatens to go home

"Richard Dixon" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Serge wrote:
>
>> Why? Who wants a drunken, smelly pom blaring away on a noisy
>> instrument that he can't string two notes together on?
>
> Look don't worry, I know it's been a stressful and indignified 18
> months for you not having the Ashes and being actually beaten by those
> spineless poms and all that, but you'll have them back soon. In the
> mean time, keep on spurting: I know it's a troubled time for you, but
> it'll be all over soon. A problem aired is a problem shared and all
> that, so let it all out. Good lad. There there.
>
> Right, I best have a bath seeing as I "smell".
>
> p.s. Oh and have you actually ever heard the Barmy Army trumpeter?
> Thought not.

He can't have been as badly out of tune as the Aussie RU team trying to sing
their national anthem yesterday.
--
David North

26 Nov 2006 10:19:33
John Hall
Re: Barmy Army threatens to go home

In article <[email protected] >,
[email protected] writes:

>Serge wrote:
>> Why? Who wants a drunken, smelly pom blaring away on a noisy
>> instrument that he can't string two notes together on?
>
>the barmy army trumpeter does actually play trumpet for the london
>philharmonic as well so i'd guess he isnt that bad:
>
>http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,20814087-12428,00.html

When I've heard him during TV and radio coverage of Tests in England
over the last couple of seasons, I've been impressed. He's very good at
selecting an appropriate piece to play as well.
--
John Hall
"Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable