24 Nov 2006 16:01:12
Timothy Langner
Audio recording of day 2's play wanted

Hi

I know I'm cross posting but I need to reach as many people as possible.
Does any one have an audio recording of day 2 in Brisbane?

I set up my minidisc to record the whole of day 2 of the ashes last night.
However I forgot to switch the plug socket on so I was running off the
battery. Of course that failed and the recording failed to save at all.

It seems very restrictive rights management doesn't allow for fans to listen
to the whole days play at a time that suits them i.e. during our day. I am
not interested in highlights, I like to listen to the whole event. However,
I do need my sleep and therefore can't afford stay up all night. Even
staying up to 2am as I have been doing is pushing it as I'm then tired the
following day.

That's why I am attempting to record each days play to minidisc and then
listen to it as if it were live, during English day light hours. However
last night I messed up and it didn't record.

I did have a search on some bittorrant websites but couldn't find anything.
It may be that I am the only person attempting this but I don't believe that
could be the case as it's huge event for English/Aussie cricket fans.

Thank you for reading

Kind regards

Timothy Langner
PS I am after copies of old test match special recordings if any one has
such things. I am more than happy to convert them to digital if people can't
do that and I would then send back the original along with a digital copy.

24 Nov 2006 21:05:40
Wog George
Re: Audio recording of day 2's play wanted

"Timothy Langner" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hi
>
> I know I'm cross posting but I need to reach as many people as possible.

There's no need to apologise for the crossposting. You have used the
facility in the manner it was intended to be used. If you posted your
message individually to the five groups, someone may have already helped you
in one group while people in the other four groups think you're still in
need. In your particular case, crossposting is a courtesy.

If you crossposted to (for instance) a pro wrestling group, a poetry group
and other non-related groups, then people would get upset. Trolls often
crosspost like that - to the point where some folk, on whom light and shade
is completely lost, think that *all* crossposting is bad. If you ever
encounter anyone like that, you tell them to fuck right off!

<snip >

--
George
"In the outside world I am a simple geologist, but in here I am Falcor,

24 Nov 2006 20:55:40
max.it
Re: Audio recording of day 2's play wanted

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 16:01:12 -0000, "Timothy Langner"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>Hi
>
>I know I'm cross posting but I need to reach as many people as possible.
>Does any one have an audio recording of day 2 in Brisbane?
>
>I set up my minidisc to record the whole of day 2 of the ashes last night.
>However I forgot to switch the plug socket on so I was running off the
>battery. Of course that failed and the recording failed to save at all.
>
>It seems very restrictive rights management doesn't allow for fans to listen
>to the whole days play at a time that suits them i.e. during our day. I am
>not interested in highlights, I like to listen to the whole event. However,
>I do need my sleep and therefore can't afford stay up all night. Even
>staying up to 2am as I have been doing is pushing it as I'm then tired the
>following day.
>
>That's why I am attempting to record each days play to minidisc and then
>listen to it as if it were live, during English day light hours. However
>last night I messed up and it didn't record.
>
>I did have a search on some bittorrant websites but couldn't find anything.
>It may be that I am the only person attempting this but I don't believe that
>could be the case as it's huge event for English/Aussie cricket fans.
>
>Thank you for reading
>
>Kind regards
>
>Timothy Langner
>PS I am after copies of old test match special recordings if any one has
>such things. I am more than happy to convert them to digital if people can't
>do that and I would then send back the original along with a digital copy.

http://www.cricketworld.com/radio/

Worth a try.

max.it

25 Nov 2006 00:03:29
Timothy Langner
Re: Audio recording of day 2's play wanted

Dear all

Thank you for your helpful replies. I will investigate further on Saturday.

I may end up being out of sync given that day 3 is about to start. However,
I don't actually mind being out of sync or even knowing the score. I was
want to enjoy listening to the cricket match. The constant banter on the air
waves is as much enjoyable as the game itself and that is only appreciated
by listening to the full 6-8hours of broadcasting.

Re the cross posting. I often see people apologise for cross posting every
time they do it, yet they continue to do it afterwards. Therefore I assumed
it was something people were not keen on. However I didn't formally
apologise myself because I think it is pointless saying sorry and then
posting regardless. If your sorry don't do it.

Kind regards

Timothy Langner
PS If any one else would find such a service of recording test matches and
uploading them to torrant sites then may be something could be organised. I
don't have loads of time to devote to such a subject. However at the times
when I am connected to broadband I could make recordings avilable if I have
them.

"Wog George" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Timothy Langner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Hi
>>
>> I know I'm cross posting but I need to reach as many people as possible.
>>

> There's no need to apologise for the crossposting. You have used the
> facility in the manner it was intended to be used. If you posted your
> message individually to the five groups, someone may have already helped
> you in one group while people in the other four groups think you're still
> in need. In your particular case, crossposting is a courtesy.
>
> If you crossposted to (for instance) a pro wrestling group, a poetry group
> and other non-related groups, then people would get upset. Trolls often
> crosspost like that - to the point where some folk, on whom light and
> shade is completely lost, think that *all* crossposting is bad. If you
> ever encounter anyone like that, you tell them to fuck right off!
>
> <snip>
>
> --
> George
> "In the outside world I am a simple geologist, but in here I am Falcor,
> Defender of the Alliance." - Randy Marsh - 4 October 2006

24 Nov 2006 17:23:28
PGG

Timothy Langner wrote:

> I know I'm cross posting but I need to reach as many people as possible.
> Does any one have an audio recording of day 2 in Brisbane?

No, but here's the first posting anywhere of the audio from day 5:

http://www.jeffcovey.net/music/scores/blank/mp3/blank.mp3

25 Nov 2006 07:30:57
TomTom

On 2006-11-24 16:01:12 +0000, "Timothy Langner" <[email protected] > said:

> Hi
>
> I know I'm cross posting but I need to reach as many people as possible.
> Does any one have an audio recording of day 2 in Brisbane?
>
> I set up my minidisc to record the whole of day 2 of the ashes last night.
> However I forgot to switch the plug socket on so I was running off the
> battery. Of course that failed and the recording failed to save at all.
>
> It seems very restrictive rights management doesn't allow for fans to listen
> to the whole days play at a time that suits them i.e. during our day. I am
> not interested in highlights, I like to listen to the whole event. However,
> I do need my sleep and therefore can't afford stay up all night. Even
> staying up to 2am as I have been doing is pushing it as I'm then tired the
> following day.
>
> That's why I am attempting to record each days play to minidisc and then
> listen to it as if it were live, during English day light hours. However
> last night I messed up and it didn't record.
>
> I did have a search on some bittorrant websites but couldn't find anything.
> It may be that I am the only person attempting this but I don't believe that
> could be the case as it's huge event for English/Aussie cricket fans.
>
> Thank you for reading
>
> Kind regards
>
> Timothy Langner
> PS I am after copies of old test match special recordings if any one has
> such things. I am more than happy to convert them to digital if people can't
> do that and I would then send back the original along with a digital copy.

You could try alt.binaries.sounds.radio.bbc or, if it's over 75MB,
alt.binares.sounds.radio.bbc.highspeed. There are voluntary rules
listed in a FAQ regarding file sizes on absr.bbc. Also there are weekly
FAQs on Sundays giving tips on recording streamed files onto your
computer, be it PC or Mac.