24 Nov 2006 06:23:18
Sid
602 declaration

Flintoff will say something to the effect,

"We're really going to pull our fingers tomorrow"

Real message:

"I'm playing with a mob of f*ckwits"

Stick Harmison on a plane with instructions on taking
up butterfly collecting. He's just not the full quid.
"Oh mummy - there's a spider in the bath!"

The follow-on will be enforced tomorrow.

Sid.

24 Nov 2006 07:43:14
Paul Hyett
Re: 602 declaration

In uk.sport.cricket on Fri, 24 Nov 2006, Sid <[email protected] >
wrote :
>Flintoff will say something to the effect,
>
>"We're really going to pull our fingers tomorrow"
>
>Real message:
>
>"I'm playing with a mob of f*ckwits"
>
>Stick Harmison on a plane with instructions on taking
>up butterfly collecting. He's just not the full quid.
>"Oh mummy - there's a spider in the bath!"
>
>The follow-on will be enforced tomorrow.

Shouldn't they wait to see whether England score lass than 403, first?
:)
--
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham

24 Nov 2006 08:11:47
Cicero
Re: 602 declaration

"Paul Hyett" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In uk.sport.cricket on Fri, 24 Nov 2006, Sid <[email protected]>
> wrote :
>>Flintoff will say something to the effect,
>>
>>"We're really going to pull our fingers tomorrow"
>>
>>Real message:
>>
>>"I'm playing with a mob of f*ckwits"
>>
>>Stick Harmison on a plane with instructions on taking
>>up butterfly collecting. He's just not the full quid.
>>"Oh mummy - there's a spider in the bath!"
>>
>>The follow-on will be enforced tomorrow.
>
> Shouldn't they wait to see whether England score lass than 403, first? :)
> --
> Paul Hyett, Cheltenham

Well, I guess it is not looking real flash at the moment. From an Australian
perspective I would have liked to have Warne bowl more than one over, but
Clark was doing pretty well.

Also I got stuck in one of those pretend English pubs they have over here on
Wednesday night- they can never recreate the atmosphere- and had to listen
to the Balmy Army for hours on end. (Well I could have gone home but that
is meaningless :) ) They were all good natured and a lot of fun but because
of my torment - I really really want Australia to win.

That's it..I'll back out of your group now :)

24 Nov 2006 08:45:50
Tids
Re: 602 declaration

Paul Hyett wrote:
> In uk.sport.cricket on Fri, 24 Nov 2006, Sid <[email protected]>
> wrote :
>> Flintoff will say something to the effect,
>>
>> "We're really going to pull our fingers tomorrow"
>>
>> Real message:
>>
>> "I'm playing with a mob of f*ckwits"
>>
>> Stick Harmison on a plane with instructions on taking
>> up butterfly collecting. He's just not the full quid.
>> "Oh mummy - there's a spider in the bath!"
>>
>> The follow-on will be enforced tomorrow.
>
> Shouldn't they wait to see whether England score lass than 403, first?
> :)

ROFLMAO !!!! One of their bowlers scored more runs than
three of our "top" batsmen. It will all be over before the end of
day three.

--
Its a funny kind of month, October. For the keen
cricket fan its when you realise that your wife left

24 Nov 2006 09:00:22
Sid
Re: 602 declaration

Cicero wrote:

> Also I got stuck in one of those pretend English pubs they have over here on
> Wednesday night- they can never recreate the atmosphere- and had to listen
> to the Balmy Army for hours on end. (Well I could have gone home but that
> is meaningless :) ) They were all good natured and a lot of fun but because
> of my torment - I really really want Australia to win.

Pretend is the right word. I once visited a ye olde English pubbe,
south of Adelaide. The licensee, very proud of his newly opened
baby proceeded to tell me how authentic it was.

"No it isn't", I responded.

"How come", he inquired.

"Because in England, bar staff don't walk around the tables
lifting glasses up and inspecting them to see if the level of
beer is low enough for them to be taken away"

I added that in English pubs, a pensioner can buy a pint of beer
and play a game of dominoes - and left alone without bar staff
harassing them in an effort to get them to drink more.

The licensee walked off, visibly irritated.

A nearby Irish pub does authentic Irish fish and chips,
comprising Aussie fish and tartare sauce. What a hoot !

I want England to win, but quite frankly, they're f*cked,
notwithstanding the fact that many people in here will be
singing, "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life"

Sid.

24 Nov 2006 09:33:07
Graybags
Re: 602 declaration

"Tids" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Paul Hyett wrote:
>> In uk.sport.cricket on Fri, 24 Nov 2006, Sid <[email protected]>
>> wrote :
>>> Flintoff will say something to the effect,
>>>
>>> "We're really going to pull our fingers tomorrow"
>>>
>>> Real message:
>>>
>>> "I'm playing with a mob of f*ckwits"
>>>
>>> Stick Harmison on a plane with instructions on taking
>>> up butterfly collecting. He's just not the full quid.
>>> "Oh mummy - there's a spider in the bath!"
>>>
>>> The follow-on will be enforced tomorrow.
>>
>> Shouldn't they wait to see whether England score lass than 403, first?
>> :)
>
> ROFLMAO !!!! One of their bowlers scored more runs than
> three of our "top" batsmen. It will all be over before the end of
> day three.

Thank God for that. Nothing personal, Tids, but you've shown a shocking lack
of knowledge of the game in the past, and so your comment gives me renewed
hope.

Personally, I think we'll save the follow-on.

Time will tell.

Graybags

24 Nov 2006 02:08:24
Richard Dixon
Re: 602 declaration

Sid wrote:

> I want England to win, but quite frankly, they're f*cked,
> notwithstanding the fact that many people in here will be
> singing, "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life"

At least we'll be having a good sing-song in the misery of defeat. The
local Aussie bar which is usually rammed to the rafters with
backpackers etc. every night of the week was deathly quiet when we won
the Ashes. You guys need to learn gallows humour !

Richard

24 Nov 2006 10:51:06
Tids
Re: 602 declaration

"Graybags" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Thank God for that. Nothing personal, Tids, but you've shown a shocking
> lack of knowledge of the game in the past,

I think that is a bit harsh.

> Personally, I think we'll save the follow-on.

I hope so but it doesn't look good from where I'm watching.

24 Nov 2006 21:54:34
Dave -Turner
Re: 602 declaration

> Personally, I think we'll save the follow-on.
lol :)

24 Nov 2006 21:54:35
Moonlight
Re: 602 declaration

"Graybags" <[email protected] > wrote in message news:
> Personally, I think we'll save the follow-on.
>
> Time will tell.
>
> Graybags

Graybags, I think that if you win the toss, bat first and have a bowler as
good as Shane Warne in your team, then you would want the opposition to bat
last on a wearing pitch. I know that teams have been successful in
enforcing follow-ons, but I'm generally not a fan of doing so. To my mind
it lets the other team back into the game and I reckon the bowlers lose a
bit of edge when they have to saddle up again for a successive crack at
another ten wickets. Being an Australian supporter I hope that we don't
enforce the follow-on unless there is a dramatic collapse tomorrow, leaving
the bowlers reasonably fresh.

24 Nov 2006 19:56:40
RIO
Re: 602 declaration

"Dave -Turner" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>> Personally, I think we'll save the follow-on.
> lol :)

No problem 100 from Pieterson, 100 from Bell and 100 from Jones. Flintoff
will chip in a few and it will be a draw.

Rio

25 Nov 2006 04:43:00
David North
Re: 602 declaration

"Paul Hyett" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In uk.sport.cricket on Fri, 24 Nov 2006, Sid <[email protected]>
> wrote :
>>Flintoff will say something to the effect,
>>
>>"We're really going to pull our fingers tomorrow"
>>
>>Real message:
>>
>>"I'm playing with a mob of f*ckwits"
>>
>>Stick Harmison on a plane with instructions on taking
>>up butterfly collecting. He's just not the full quid.
>>"Oh mummy - there's a spider in the bath!"
>>
>>The follow-on will be enforced tomorrow.
>
> Shouldn't they wait to see whether England score lass than 403, first? :)

Apparently not.
--
David North

25 Nov 2006 07:11:20
Cicero
Re: 602 declaration

"Richard Dixon" <[email protected]uk > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Sid wrote:
>
>> I want England to win, but quite frankly, they're f*cked,
>> notwithstanding the fact that many people in here will be
>> singing, "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life"
>
> At least we'll be having a good sing-song in the misery of defeat. The
> local Aussie bar which is usually rammed to the rafters with
> backpackers etc. every night of the week was deathly quiet when we won
> the Ashes. You guys need to learn gallows humour !
>
> Richard

I learnt quite a bit when I visited the UK after the Ashes loss. Even in
Scotland I couldn't escape the celebrations :)

25 Nov 2006 09:17:03
Graybags
Re: 602 declaration

"Tids" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Graybags" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>

>> Thank God for that. Nothing personal, Tids, but you've shown a shocking
>> lack of knowledge of the game in the past,
>
> I think that is a bit harsh.

So it turns out. :-)