03 Jun 2006 08:15:07
b
check this out

http://www.flightglobal.com/Articles/2006/05/30/206910/James+Bond-style+strap-on+jet+pack+flying+wing+to+extend+special+forces'.html




03 Jun 2006 07:51:26
Dick Gays
Re: check this out

"b" <@[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> http://www.flightglobal.com/Articles/2006/05/30/206910/James+Bond-style+strap-on+jet+pack+flying+wing+to+extend+special+forces'.html

110 nautical miles on 1/2 a gallon?


--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG


03 Jun 2006 18:34:49
BazZa
Re: check this out

With an exit altitude of 33k according to website!
personally i think its a bit of exagerration, but still nice idea ;)

Baz
** There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who
don't **
"Dick Gays" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "b" <@[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
>> http://www.flightglobal.com/Articles/2006/05/30/206910/James+Bond-style+strap-on+jet+pack+flying+wing+to+extend+special+forces'.html
>
> 110 nautical miles on 1/2 a gallon?
>
>
> --
> Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG




03 Jun 2006 10:57:47
ynotssor
Re: check this out

"BazZa" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

[top-posting corrected to restore context]

>> 110 nautical miles on 1/2 a gallon?
>
> With an exit altitude of 33k according to website!

You might want to pay a bit more attention next time you read the article:
...
"Jumping from 4,000m [13,000ft] with the propelled system you could fly for
200km," says civilian skydiving instructor and wing-parachute system test
pilot Frank Carreras.
...
With the unpowered system a soldier could glide for 50km from a 33,000ft
jump.



03 Jun 2006 20:21:03
BazZa
Re: check this out

:)

Baz
"ynotssor" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "BazZa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
> [top-posting corrected to restore context]
>
>>> 110 nautical miles on 1/2 a gallon?
>>
>> With an exit altitude of 33k according to website!
>
> You might want to pay a bit more attention next time you read the article:
> ...
> "Jumping from 4,000m [13,000ft] with the propelled system you could fly
> for
> 200km," says civilian skydiving instructor and wing-parachute system test
> pilot Frank Carreras.
> ...
> With the unpowered system a soldier could glide for 50km from a 33,000ft
> jump.
>