04 Dec 2006 04:13:50
Annual multi trip insurance

Just got my renewal quote from Axa for =A3193.40 for 2 people, Wordwide
inc everywhere etc.etc.
So thought I'd have a quick shop around the usual suspects to see if
there were any better deals.

Columbus specificly exclude Skydiving in their online quote, saying
"Parachuting (Not Skydiving)".
Harrison Beaumont and PJ Haymen both come in at about =A3340 ish for the
same sort of worldwide multitrip thing, but that's their price for ONE
person.
Forces Financial (formerly NAAFI Financial) no longer cover skydiving,
just parachuting.

Does anyone know of any other companies doing a reasonable deal?
Otherwise it's Axa again for me.

By the way, I phoned Axa this morning to make some adjustments to the
policy to see if it would be any cheaper, but it can't be "downgraded",
here's why:

Axa Direct has been taken over (a year or so ago) and is now Axa Base.
Axa Base don't cover Skydiving, but will continue to honour existing
policies taken out with Axa Direct, provided they are not downgraded (I
think you can upgrade them, but I didn't really ask about that).

So anybody who has a multi-trip policy with the cover they need, might
want to make sure they don't let it lapse, or you might be in for an
expensive surprise when you try to take out a new one.

Cheers
Steve

04 Dec 2006 20:24:04
Colin Fitzmaurice
Re: Annual multi trip insurance

In article <[email protected] >,
[email protected] writes
>Just got my renewal quote from Axa for 193.40 for 2 people, Wordwide
>inc everywhere etc.etc.
>So thought I'd have a quick shop around the usual suspects to see if
>there were any better deals.
>
>Columbus specificly exclude Skydiving in their online quote, saying
>"Parachuting (Not Skydiving)".
>Harrison Beaumont and PJ Haymen both come in at about 340 ish for the
>same sort of worldwide multitrip thing, but that's their price for ONE
>person.
>Forces Financial (formerly NAAFI Financial) no longer cover skydiving,
>just parachuting.
>
>Does anyone know of any other companies doing a reasonable deal?
>Otherwise it's Axa again for me.
>
>By the way, I phoned Axa this morning to make some adjustments to the
>policy to see if it would be any cheaper, but it can't be "downgraded",
>here's why:
>
>Axa Direct has been taken over (a year or so ago) and is now Axa Base.
>Axa Base don't cover Skydiving, but will continue to honour existing
>policies taken out with Axa Direct, provided they are not downgraded (I
>think you can upgrade them, but I didn't really ask about that).
>
>So anybody who has a multi-trip policy with the cover they need, might
>want to make sure they don't let it lapse, or you might be in for an
>expensive surprise when you try to take out a new one.
>
>Cheers
>Steve

Check out etravelinsure.com. They came in significantly cheaper than
anyone else at 81.07 including skydiving and winter sports. There is a
500 excess for skydiving and a hard helmet is mandatory.

For cover/premium I thought it was the best deal.

Colin

Colin Fitzmaurice http://www.theparachutecentre.com
The Parachute Centre
Tilstock Airfield
Whitchurch
Shropshire SY13 2HA
UK

+44 1948 841111

05 Dec 2006 07:48:10
Re: Annual multi trip insurance

Looks good to me.
Cheers Colin.

Steve.

05 Dec 2006 12:29:57
Re: Annual multi trip insurance

Sorry.
I meant to ask if you or anyone had heard any feedback about them, when
it comes to dealing with claims.
Do they get on and do it, or do you have to jump through a lot of
hoops?

It's the Medical and Repatriation bit that interests me most (I think
that goes for most of us)

Cheers
Steve

05 Dec 2006 22:22:29
Colin Fitzmaurice
Re: Annual multi trip insurance

In article <[email protected] >,
[email protected] writes
>Sorry.
>I meant to ask if you or anyone had heard any feedback about them, when
>it comes to dealing with claims.
>Do they get on and do it, or do you have to jump through a lot of
>hoops?
>
>It's the Medical and Repatriation bit that interests me most (I think
>that goes for most of us)
>
>Cheers
>Steve

Don't you like surprises? :)

I've only just started with them as AXA were becoming a pain. I hope I
never have to find out :)

Regards

Colin

Colin Fitzmaurice http://www.theparachutecentre.com
The Parachute Centre
Tilstock Airfield
Whitchurch
Shropshire SY13 2HA
UK

+44 1948 841111

06 Dec 2006 05:25:14

Colin Fitzmaurice wrote:

> Don't you like surprises? :)

Only Nice ones :~)

> I've only just started with them as AXA were becoming a pain. I hope I
> never have to find out :)

Same here.

Just thought that someone might have recommended them to you.

Steve

06 Dec 2006 16:31:47
Colin Fitzmaurice
Re: Annual multi trip insurance

In article <[email protected] >,
[email protected] writes
>Colin Fitzmaurice wrote:
>

>> Don't you like surprises? :)
>
>Only Nice ones :~)
>

>> I've only just started with them as AXA were becoming a pain. I hope I
>> never have to find out :)
>
>Same here.
>
>Just thought that someone might have recommended them to you.
>
>Steve

Someone did mention them, I think it may have been Stuart Morris. After
that I just trawled the various companies. Many were coming in at over
400!