08 Aug 2007 15:54:53
littlejackhorner
Trip advice required please

anyone could provide details of dive outfits in Crete ?

thanks

16 Aug 2007 20:56:21
ossian
Re: Trip advice required please

Not wishing to be a kill joy don't expect anything too exciting diving wise.
As a holiday island most of the resorts have a dive centre geared up to Try
Dives. Whilst undoubtedly there are potentially some excellent dive sites
around the island with warm crystal clear water visits to these seem pretty
infrequent due to a combination of legislation restricting diving (which
apparently I've heard has eased a little) and focus on extracting currency
from tourists by some dive centres with the minimum of effort.
Don't expect shoals of fish as in common with a lot of the med its fished
out.

As a novelty diving in warm clear water its fine but from my experience I
wouldn't recommend it as a diving destination

"littlejackhorner" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> anyone could provide details of dive outfits in Crete ?
>
> thanks

16 Aug 2007 22:06:48
littlejackhorner
Re: Trip advice required please

ok thanks

to be honest im going there on a family holiday not a diving holiday,
just looking to get one or two days in while im there.

i guess im just looking for someone to recommend an outfit there i can
dive with (around hersonisoss (?))

any one with any info they can share will be gratefully received