02 Aug 2007 19:22:31
Eddie
Five Bells" Job Done


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passed without comment and the fact that I have not got my free copy of the
book yet;-)) The author TL is an old Army Sapper diver friend of mine.

<http://www.authorhouse.co.uk:80/BookStore/ItemDetail~bookid~45476.aspxcolor=#0000FF> >

There are three main directions with which a person can pursue the activity
of diving. These are 'Commercial Diving' as a job, 'Military Diving' as a
job/qualification to aid the Armed Forces in their aims and as a
'Recreational Diver' as a sport or hobby pastime.

Tony Liddicoat is one of the very rare individuals who has pursued all three
activities and has reached the top in each of them.

In this book he writes down his progression through all three disciplines,
managing to combine and mix all three during his nearly 50year diving
career. As you will read, his diving adventures have taken him around the
world, to every ocean and to many different lands. He has experienced the
extremes of climate and terrain and has undertaken many challenges. These
vary from diving, the inside of a Nuclear Reactor, placing and detonating
explosive charges, searching for bodies in sewers or training potential
divers on a tropical island.

The book covers Tony's diving life and we re-dive all his old haunts with
him, without exaggeration or embellishment.

It prompted one of the typists to state, "I don't know how you're still
alive?" such was the response when reading parts of the book.

Sit back and enjoy.




02 Aug 2007 12:58:13
Scott
Re: Five Bells" Job Done


"Eddie" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
------
>
> Passed without comment and the fact that I have not got my free copy of
the
> book yet;-)) The author TL is an old Army Sapper diver friend of mine.
>
> <http://www.authorhouse.co.uk:80/BookStore/ItemDetail~bookid~45476.aspx>
>
> There are three main directions with which a person can pursue the
activity
> of diving. These are 'Commercial Diving' as a job, 'Military Diving' as a
> job/qualification to aid the Armed Forces in their aims and as a
> 'Recreational Diver' as a sport or hobby pastime.
>
> Tony Liddicoat is one of the very rare individuals who has pursued all
three
> activities and has reached the top in each of them.
>
> In this book he writes down his progression through all three disciplines,
> managing to combine and mix all three during his nearly 50year diving
> career. As you will read, his diving adventures have taken him around the
> world, to every ocean and to many different lands. He has experienced the
> extremes of climate and terrain and has undertaken many challenges. These
> vary from diving, the inside of a Nuclear Reactor, placing and detonating
> explosive charges, searching for bodies in sewers or training potential
> divers on a tropical island.
>
> The book covers Tony's diving life and we re-dive all his old haunts with
> him, without exaggeration or embellishment.
>
> It prompted one of the typists to state, "I don't know how you're still
> alive?" such was the response when reading parts of the book.
>
> Sit back and enjoy.

Here is his American counterpart;

http://www.hoodsportndive.com/about.htm

Unfortunately, Ron has taken on a pure *dickhead* for a business partner.

Hopefully the punk will keep his word and buy Ron out soon so We can watch
the business go under while Ron gets to go on with his life.
















02 Aug 2007 20:39:19
Dan Bracuk
Re: Five Bells" Job Done

"Eddie" <[email protected] > pounded away at his keyboard resulting in:
:There are three main directions with which a person can pursue the activity
:of diving. These are 'Commercial Diving' as a job, 'Military Diving' as a
:job/qualification to aid the Armed Forces in their aims and as a
:'Recreational Diver' as a sport or hobby pastime.
:
:Tony Liddicoat is one of the very rare individuals who has pursued all three
:activities and has reached the top in each of them.

How does one reach the top of recreational diving?

Dan Bracuk
Never use a big word when a diminutive one will do.

----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.comThe #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----


03 Aug 2007 00:50:10
Curtis
Re: Five Bells" Job Done


"Dan Bracuk" wrote

> How does one reach the top of recreational diving?

dive Lake Titicaca?




03 Aug 2007 08:28:25
chilly
Re: Five Bells" Job Done


"Curtis" <[email protected]$$ yahoo.com > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> "Dan Bracuk" wrote
>
> > How does one reach the top of recreational diving?
>
> dive Lake Titicaca?

*****




03 Aug 2007 07:18:55
Nigel Hewitt
Re: Five Bells" Job Done

Dan Bracuk wrote:
> "Eddie" <[email protected]> pounded away at his keyboard resulting in:
>> There are three main directions with which a person can pursue the
>> activity of diving. These are 'Commercial Diving' as a job,
>> 'Military Diving' as a job/qualification to aid the Armed Forces in
>> their aims and as a
> :'Recreational Diver' as a sport or hobby pastime.
>>
>> Tony Liddicoat is one of the very rare individuals who has pursued
>> all three activities and has reached the top in each of them.
>
> How does one reach the top of recreational diving?

Obviously by having more fun than anybody else.
Hard to measure though....

nigelH