24 Apr 2006 12:39:45
Brian Walker
Race scoring software

We are looking for recommendations for race scoring software which is
1. reliable
2. easy to use
3. preferably freeware

The club sails two one design classes.
We run three series per sailing season and two to three regattas per year.
Scoring uses lowest points with one discard.

Brian Walker
Mullingar Sailing Club
www.msail.net

24 Apr 2006 16:48:27
David
Re: Race scoring software

sailwave (.com)

"Brian Walker" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> We are looking for recommendations for race scoring software which is
> 1. reliable
> 2. easy to use
> 3. preferably freeware
>
> The club sails two one design classes.
> We run three series per sailing season and two to three regattas per year.
> Scoring uses lowest points with one discard.
>
> Brian Walker
> Mullingar Sailing Club
> www.msail.net

24 Apr 2006 18:49:51
Alan C Clark
Re: Race scoring software

"Brian Walker" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
| We are looking for recommendations for race scoring software which is
| 1. reliable
| 2. easy to use
| 3. preferably freeware
|
| The club sails two one design classes.
| We run three series per sailing season and two to three regattas per year.
| Scoring uses lowest points with one discard.
|
| Brian Walker
| Mullingar Sailing Club
| www.msail.net

Sailwave.

Entirely pointless to use anything else because it's free and it can be
configured to do pretty much everything.

http://www.sailwave.com/

Regards

Alan

25 Apr 2006 21:45:42
Mike Pearce
Re: Race scoring software

On 24 Apr 2006 12:39:45 GMT, Brian Walker <[email protected] > wrote:

>We are looking for recommendations for race scoring software which is
>1. reliable
>2. easy to use
>3. preferably freeware

I agree with other posters - Sailwave is excellent. Also writes
results to HTML so you can upload them straight to your club web site.

Mike