19 Apr 2005 23:40:43
Neil Jackson
Boat transport

Does anyone know of a proffessional company that would be able to transport
[By road} a 26' yacht from SW Scotland to SE England.

20 Apr 2005 00:09:33
John Weston
Re: Boat transport

Neil Jackson, in article <[email protected]
2.news.uk.tiscali.com >, says...
>Does anyone know of a proffessional company that would be able to transport
>[By road} a 26' yacht from SW Scotland to SE England.

M. R. Clark in Kirkgunzeon, Dumfries (01387 760243)
delivered my boat from Buckler's Hard to Troon over
winter several years ago. I don't know if they are still
in the business but I had no problems with them way back
then.

--
John D. Weston

01 May 2005 22:40:48
Colin Davison
Re: Boat transport

I used Hainsworth of Bingley 01274 565925 to bring my boat back from
Denmark. Straightforward chap, professional service and he's about halfway
between. Might be worth a call.

Colin

"John Weston" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Neil Jackson, in article <[email protected]
> 2.news.uk.tiscali.com>, says...
>>Does anyone know of a proffessional company that would be able to
>>transport
>>[By road} a 26' yacht from SW Scotland to SE England.
>>

> M. R. Clark in Kirkgunzeon, Dumfries (01387 760243)
> delivered my boat from Buckler's Hard to Troon over
> winter several years ago. I don't know if they are still
> in the business but I had no problems with them way back
> then.
>
> --
> John D. Weston

30 Oct 2005 06:50:37
ahoy
Re: Boat transport

Ahoy, do you have any pictures of your IP23? Does it have a bowsprit?
I am fixing one up and could use some ideas. Thank you.

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 18:00:21 -0500, "Ron Thomas"<[email protected] >
wrote:

>I used a Company called Eurotrack Boat Transport to move my IP 23 from
>Cardiff to Plymouth. Excellent Company.
>www.uk-boat-transport.co.uk 01544 340756

30 Oct 2005 10:38:53
ChrisR
Re: Boat transport

"ahoy" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Ahoy, do you have any pictures of your IP23? Does it have a bowsprit?
> I am fixing one up and could use some ideas. Thank you.
>
> On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 18:00:21 -0500, "Ron Thomas"<[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >I used a Company called Eurotrack Boat Transport to move my IP 23 from
> >Cardiff to Plymouth. Excellent Company.
> >www.uk-boat-transport.co.uk 01544 340756

They appear to have a 3.5 Tonne weight limit on adjustable trailers. So ok
for dinghies and lightweight boats that are within the landrover traction
range.
http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Vehicles/Defender/Towing_and_carrying.htm
Presumably the service was good. What was the price like?

ChrisR