07 Mar 2004 11:16:05
O'brien Competition 66" Earley 70's Model

I bouught this this thing new in 71or 72 and Istill have it! It has
all original bindings, Great shape, and the original finish. I know
for a fact that the year after I bought the ski the original O'brian
company ceasd to exsist.(someting about durgs if memory serves me)
However it was the last hand inlaid wooden ski that the original
company produced. when I bought it that particular ski model had
healed the prefious 7 would titles. I' been offered a bunch in the
past from poeple that saw it and wnted to buy it but I was wondering
what it is really worth???

[email protected] .com

07 Mar 2004 16:46:08
Tom Ruta
Re: O'brien Competition 66" Earley 70's Model

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 11:16:05 -0500, [email protected] wrote:

>I bouught this this thing new in 71or 72 and Istill have it! It has
>all original bindings, Great shape, and the original finish. I know
>for a fact that the year after I bought the ski the original O'brian
>company ceasd to exsist.(someting about durgs if memory serves me)
>However it was the last hand inlaid wooden ski that the original
>company produced. when I bought it that particular ski model had
>healed the prefious 7 would titles. I' been offered a bunch in the
>past from poeple that saw it and wnted to buy it but I was wondering
>what it is really worth???

Unless it is hollow and filled with nose candy <G >, $50 bucks or so if
you are lucky. Similar stuff shows up on eBay all the time. That
said, I'd love to find an old Torque wood slalom form the 70's.