12 Dec 2005 13:02:37
Randy
Converting to fuel injection, possible?

I'm tring to help out a friend here, we want to convert a PCM 351 Ford
over to EFI, mainly because we have have an Accel/DFI computer and
wire harness sitting on the shelf. I also have a bunch of sensors,
injectors and related parts laying around.

Can we do this and be USCG and fish and game commision legal? Any web
sites out there to help us out? every site I found is for Chevy
motors.

Do any boats out there now run a closed loop system?

Thanks for any help.
Randy
Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

12 Dec 2005 14:09:00
JJG
Re: Converting to fuel injection, possible?

i'd assume you can convert, but don't know for sure.

as far as closed loop goes, all the ski boat manufacturers offer "closed
loop" systems, although they are not completely closed (like a car). My
Response has closed loop (i.e. FWC - Fresh Water Cooling), but it still uses
raw water to cool the antifreeze via the heat exchanger.

"Randy" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I'm tring to help out a friend here, we want to convert a PCM 351 Ford
> over to EFI, mainly because we have have an Accel/DFI computer and
> wire harness sitting on the shelf. I also have a bunch of sensors,
> injectors and related parts laying around.
>
> Can we do this and be USCG and fish and game commision legal? Any web
> sites out there to help us out? every site I found is for Chevy
> motors.
>
> Do any boats out there now run a closed loop system?
>
> Thanks for any help.
> Randy
> Thank You,
> Randy
>
> Remove 333 from email address to reply.

15 Dec 2005 09:30:20
Randy
Re: Converting to fuel injection, possible?

Where did they put the O2 sensor? With the water cooled double
walled manifold, that's the tricky part.

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 14:09:00 -0500, "JJG"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>i'd assume you can convert, but don't know for sure.
>
>as far as closed loop goes, all the ski boat manufacturers offer "closed
>loop" systems, although they are not completely closed (like a car). My
>Response has closed loop (i.e. FWC - Fresh Water Cooling), but it still uses
>raw water to cool the antifreeze via the heat exchanger.
>

>"Randy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>> I'm tring to help out a friend here, we want to convert a PCM 351 Ford
>> over to EFI, mainly because we have have an Accel/DFI computer and
>> wire harness sitting on the shelf. I also have a bunch of sensors,
>> injectors and related parts laying around.
>>
>> Can we do this and be USCG and fish and game commision legal? Any web
>> sites out there to help us out? every site I found is for Chevy
>> motors.
>>
>> Do any boats out there now run a closed loop system?
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>> Randy
>> Thank You,
>> Randy
>>
>> Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

16 Dec 2005 01:10:16
Tom Ruta

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 09:30:20 -0500, Randy <[email protected] > wrote:

>Where did they put the O2 sensor? With the water cooled double
>walled manifold, that's the tricky part.

Ain't one.