29 Jul 2003 15:05:42
gmoore
26" hookworm

I've been riding on a 26" x 2.5" hookworm for a couple of weeks now and
really like it. I put it, along with 145mm cranks, on this uni:

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/album27

Pumped up hard, haven't measured it but it's hard, it makes for a
plusher ride than I expected. Maybe it's the volume. It's smooth and
quiet on pavement and better than I thought it would be on gravel. The
combination has shaved 5 minutes off an 8 km ride. I'm happy ;-)

On another note has anyone got any Profile cranks they want rid of? Any
length/condition considered (hub to if you want to part with it ;-) ).
I'm also looking for a 700c rynolite but that's another thread...

Cheers, Greg

--
gmoore
gmoore's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/676

nbrazzi
Re: 26" hookworm

What the.....

Who are you? Where did you come from? What's the story with this
incredible Carbon Fiber frame?? How can this be the first time I'm
seeing this? Did you make it? Can you make more?

bwuh?

gah?

uh?

--
nbrazzi

any God with sense is going to want to promote unicycling

-onewheeldave on religion
nbrazzi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/917

Frank A.
Re: 26" hookworm

I've got the exact set up on my cruising uni. 26" hookworm with Profile
145's on a KH24 frame. It's a nice ride, very smooth. If you want to hop
around you may want to let the pressure out a bit. It doesn't have a lot
of bounce at the real high pressure.
I've got mine on an Alex DX32 rim and it measures at 27-1/2" diam.

--
Frank A. - off-road

"Man's maturity: to have regained the seriousness that he had as a child
at play." - FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE, Beyond Good and Evil

Frank A.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1710

Chuck Webb
Re: 26" hookworm

I've been real pleased with the 26" hookworm also...put a uni together
out of some "spare parts" about a month ago, with the idea of using it
for a loaner around the neighborhood. On a whim, i decided to order one
of the hookworms for it, and it turned out to be a really smooth ride.

Chuck

--
Chuck Webb

I live in my own little world but its ok...they know me here!

Chuck Webb's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1450

chirokid
Re: 26" hookworm

nbrazzi wrote:
> *What the..... Who are you? Where did you come from? What's the
> story with this incredible Carbon Fiber frame?? How can this be the
> first time I'm seeing this? Did you make it? Can you make more?
> bwuh?
> gah?
> uh? *

I had the same response Nbrazzi! I am amazed at that sweet looking
Muni. It does appear by the notes under the picture that he built this
uni.
My question: How lite is it?

Greg: Again, super sweet Muni!!! --chirokid--

--
chirokid
chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

gmoore
Re: 26" hookworm

Frank wrote:

>I've got the exact set up on my cruising uni.
>If you want to hop around you may want to let the pressure out

I'll try that Frank. Thanks. I also want to try shorter cranks...

--
gmoore
gmoore's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/676

daino149
Re: 26" hookworm

I found the original thread. When I tried to click the link at the end
of the thread to bring me to the nice unicyclist.com website view of the
thread, it took me to the wrong one (but one with the same title).
http://tinyurl.com/ig9a

That's an awesome looking ride!

EDIT: forgot to include the link
Daniel

--
daino149 - One wheel to rule them all

A One That Isn't Cold Is Scardely A One At All

willfcc
Re: 26" hookworm

I've got a Sem XLW 24/26, and I'd like to use that tire. But it's been
measured at 13.75" from axle to seat tube, and Frank A. measures his
hookworm at 27 1/2" diameter, so it looks like it may not fit.:(

What frame are you guys using with the 26" hookworm?

Going by Frank's measurement, a 24" hookworm would be about 25.5" in
diameter. Will I have to settle for that?:confused:

And, if I do, how will it work on a narrower rim like my Rhynolite?

--
willfcc - I always wear my helmet.

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albun56

Will