29 Feb 2008 19:28:04
Vari L. Cinicke
Young matches his career wins in a week!

Donald Young put together b2b ATP wins and reached the QF of Memphis.
That matches his career ATP wins earned at New Haven and the US Open
last year.

He gets Bjorkman in the QF who may have bluffed his way past Sam Querrey
who served up 26 aces in a losing effort.

Can youth overcome experience and craftiness?

If Young does beat Bjorkman, he gets Steve Darcis (who won Amersfoort
last year when ranked close to #300) in the SF.

--
Cheers,

vc

29 Feb 2008 16:19:26
BlackJAG
Re: Young matches his career wins in a week!

On Feb 29, 8:28=A0pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <[email protected] > wrote:
> Donald Young put together b2b ATP wins and reached the QF of Memphis.
> That matches his career ATP wins earned at New Haven and the US Open
> last year.
>
> He gets Bjorkman in the QF who may have bluffed his way past Sam Querrey
> who served up 26 aces in a losing effort.
>
> Can youth overcome experience and craftiness?
>
> If Young does beat Bjorkman, he gets Steve Darcis (who won Amersfoort
> last year when ranked close to #300) in the SF.
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> vc

Unfortunately he wasted a matchpoint in the tie-break of the 3rd set,
would have reached his 1st final no doubt
i think we ca expect big things from Young in the very near future,
he's still learning and gaining experience.