28 Feb 2005 15:58:37
Georgiana Gates
Tennis question on Jeopardy!

One of the questions on today's Jeopardy! was something like:
Identify the source of this quote:
"I'm very grateful for my two Australian Opens wins with Martina".

I'm so ancient that I thought the answer was Pam Shriver. No, it was
Kournikova.

01 Mar 2005 03:54:08
Ted of Ted's Tennis
Re: Tennis question on Jeopardy!

Somebody claiming to be Georgiana Gates <[email protected] > wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> One of the questions on today's Jeopardy! was something like:
> Identify the source of this quote:
> "I'm very grateful for my two Australian Opens wins with Martina".
>
> I'm so ancient that I thought the answer was Pam Shriver. No, it was
> Kournikova.

The name of the category should have been a hint: Out of the Mouths of
Babes. The conventional wisdom is that Kournikova is a babe, and Shriver
isn't. :-)

But at least Shriver has the cachet of being a Bond Girl. :-)

--
Ted Schuerzinger
http://tedstennis.tripod.com/index.html

28 Feb 2005 22:09:13
StephenJ
Re: Tennis question on Jeopardy!

> The conventional wisdom is that Kournikova is a babe, and Shriver
> isn't. :-)

the unconventional wisdom too.

> But at least Shriver has the cachet of being a Bond Girl. :-)

no she doesn't. that dude was a fake bond. plus he's old enough to be her
dad.

--
I do not think the United States would come to an end if
we lost our power to declare an Act of Congress void. I do

- Oliver Wendell Holmes, on the SCOTUS

01 Mar 2005 15:09:27
Yama

StephenJ <[email protected] > wrote:
: no she doesn't. that dude was a fake bond. plus he's old enough to be her
: dad.

Wrong, Lazenby's sole movie is considered canonical...

02 Mar 2005 18:53:18

Georgiana Gates wrote:
> One of the questions on today's Jeopardy! was something like:
> Identify the source of this quote:
> "I'm very grateful for my two Australian Opens wins with Martina".
>
> I'm so ancient that I thought the answer was Pam Shriver. No, it was
> Kournikova.

Two is far too small a number for AO doubles Shriver/MN titles.
Looking it up, it appears they won seven together.