28 Feb 2008 19:48:25
Vari L. Cinicke
Schiavone Spoiler

No, nothing can spoil the Schiavone experience!

Schiavone takes out #1 Henin 7-6, 7-6 in Dubai.

:)

--
Cheers,

vc

28 Feb 2008 15:08:17
X L
Re: Schiavone Spoiler

And defending champ. it was looking very good for Henin til she ran into
Francesca.

28 Feb 2008 12:10:31
fearsomeforehand
Re: Schiavone Spoiler

On Feb 28, 2:48 pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <[email protected] > wrote:
> No, nothing can spoil the Schiavone experience!
>
> Schiavone takes out #1 Henin 7-6, 7-6 in Dubai.
>
> :)
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> vc

One tough little guy takes out another? (sorry, I could not resist :))

28 Feb 2008 20:20:10
Vari L. Cinicke
Re: Schiavone Spoiler

fearsomeforehand wrote:
> On Feb 28, 2:48 pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> No, nothing can spoil the Schiavone experience!
>>
>> Schiavone takes out #1 Henin 7-6, 7-6 in Dubai.
>>
>> :)
>>

> One tough little guy takes out another? (sorry, I could not resist :))

At least deprive the idiots of the pleasure? I have even forgotten which
posters find them irresistible and post drooling paeans. :)

--
Cheers,

vc

28 Feb 2008 20:24:29
Vari L. Cinicke
Re: Schiavone Spoiler

X L wrote:
> And defending champ. it was looking very good for Henin til she ran into
> Francesca.

Henin took 3 hours to dismiss qualifier Srebotnik in the previous round.
Maybe it wasn't a huge surprise apart from the fact that Schiavone had
never beaten Henin in 7 tries and had only won 1 set. Guess nobody
(named Henin) beats her 8 times in a row.

--
Cheers,

vc

28 Feb 2008 12:32:32
Re: Schiavone Spoiler

On Feb 28, 2:48=A0pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <[email protected] > wrote:
> No, nothing can spoil the Schiavone experience!
>
> Schiavone takes out #1 Henin 7-6, 7-6 in Dubai.
>
> :)
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> vc

Schiavone reminds me of Miss Gulch from the Wizard of Oz. Scares the
shit out me...

28 Feb 2008 20:38:14
Vari L. Cinicke
Re: Schiavone Spoiler

[email protected] wrote:
> On Feb 28, 2:48 pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> No, nothing can spoil the Schiavone experience!
>>
>> Schiavone takes out #1 Henin 7-6, 7-6 in Dubai.
>>
>> :)
>>

> Schiavone reminds me of Miss Gulch from the Wizard of Oz. Scares the
> shit out me...

You must have seen Miss Gulch when you were young and impressionable.
Schiavone (if you have seen her in Fed Cup action) is all smiles and
infectious laughter. And she is even shorter than Henin.

--
Cheers,

vc

28 Feb 2008 12:48:35
Raja
Re: Schiavone Spoiler

On Feb 28, 1:48=A0pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <[email protected] > wrote:
> No, nothing can spoil the Schiavone experience!
>
> Schiavone takes out #1 Henin 7-6, 7-6 in Dubai.
>
> :)
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> vc

Go Ivanavic! Time for a #1 replacement.

28 Feb 2008 12:51:10
Re: Schiavone Spoiler

On Feb 28, 3:38=A0pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <[email protected] > wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > On Feb 28, 2:48 pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> No, nothing can spoil the Schiavone experience!
>
> >> Schiavone takes out #1 Henin 7-6, 7-6 in Dubai.
>
> >> :)
>
> > Schiavone reminds me of Miss Gulch from the Wizard of Oz. =A0Scares the
> > shit out me...
>
> You must have seen Miss Gulch when you were young and impressionable.

5 years old when I first saw her and her alter-ego witch character, so
you are correct. At the time those were easily the scariest scenes I
had seen. And that flying monkey freaked me out too. The face on
that thing...

> Schiavone (if you have seen her in Fed Cup action) is all smiles and
> infectious laughter. And she is even shorter than Henin.

I did not know either of those things.

28 Feb 2008 15:53:16
mimus
Re: Schiavone Spoiler

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 20:38:14 +0000, Vari L. Cinicke wrote:

> [email protected] wrote:
>
>> On Feb 28, 2:48 pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> No, nothing can spoil the Schiavone experience!
>>>
>>> Schiavone takes out #1 Henin 7-6, 7-6 in Dubai.
>>>
>>> :)
>>
>> Schiavone reminds me of Miss Gulch from the Wizard of Oz. Scares the
>> shit out me...
>
> You must have seen Miss Gulch when you were young and impressionable.
> Schiavone (if you have seen her in Fed Cup action) is all smiles and
> infectious laughter. And she is even shorter than Henin.

She's a delightful player, and fun to watch when she's on a roll, and has
little if any less heart than Henin (see her Fed Cup battles from last
year).

Usually, though, the only time we get to see her in the US is when she's
got her back against the wall being pounded by one of the Big Babes . . . .

--

Take a deep breath, take a walk, cool off, plot a bit, and serve again.

28 Feb 2008 23:52:43
Sakari Lund
Re: Schiavone Spoiler

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:48:25 GMT, "Vari L. Cinicke"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>No, nothing can spoil the Schiavone experience!
>
>Schiavone takes out #1 Henin 7-6, 7-6 in Dubai.
>
>:)

Saw a bit of this. Schiavone was up 5-2 in the 2nd, and then choked,
but just barely managed to win. She played well, but this increases
the feeling I got at AO. This is going to be tough year for Henin. She
doesn't look like the dominating player she was last year.

28 Feb 2008 14:23:29
topspin
Re: Schiavone Spoiler

On 28 Feb, 21:52, Sakari Lund <[email protected] > wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:48:25 GMT, "Vari L. Cinicke"
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >No, nothing can spoil the Schiavone experience!
>
> >Schiavone takes out #1 Henin 7-6, 7-6 in Dubai.
>
> >:)
>
> Saw a bit of this. Schiavone was up 5-2 in the 2nd, and then choked,
> but just barely managed to win. She played well, but this increases
> the feeling I got at AO. This is going to be tough year for Henin. She
> doesn't look like the dominating player she was last year.

I saw that too (from the end of the first set). Both were tight as
drums at the end, and both forehands were a bit erratic. Schiavone
looked a bit desperate when she lost her service breaks, but then
Henin could not maintain her comeback. I think she has lost a bit of
the killer instinct, so you may be right about her having a tough
year.

I noticed both were hitting backhands just wide out to the left, as if
the ball was coming on to them a bit quicker than expected.

28 Feb 2008 14:26:38
Raja
Re: Schiavone Spoiler

On Feb 28, 2:32=A0pm, [email protected] wrote:
> On Feb 28, 2:48=A0pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > No, nothing can spoil the Schiavone experience!
>
> > Schiavone takes out #1 Henin 7-6, 7-6 in Dubai.
>
> > :)
>
> > --
> > Cheers,
>
> > vc
>
> Schiavone reminds me of Miss Gulch from the Wizard of Oz. =A0Scares the
> shit out me...

When was the last time you actuallly watched tennis? Was it a million
years ago when Sampras played?

28 Feb 2008 15:36:16
Re: Schiavone Spoiler

On Feb 28, 5:26=A0pm, Raja <[email protected] > wrote:
> On Feb 28, 2:32=A0pm, [email protected] wrote:
>
> > On Feb 28, 2:48=A0pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > No, nothing can spoil the Schiavone experience!
>
> > > Schiavone takes out #1 Henin 7-6, 7-6 in Dubai.
>
> > > :)
>
> > > --
> > > Cheers,
>
> > > vc
>
> > Schiavone reminds me of Miss Gulch from the Wizard of Oz. =A0Scares the
> > shit out me...
>
> When was the last time you actuallly watched tennis? Was it a million
> years ago when Sampras played?

You really don't have many plays, do you?

29 Feb 2008 18:21:50
Whisper
Re: Schiavone Spoiler

topspin wrote:
> On 28 Feb, 21:52, Sakari Lund <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:48:25 GMT, "Vari L. Cinicke"
>>
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> No, nothing can spoil the Schiavone experience!
>>> Schiavone takes out #1 Henin 7-6, 7-6 in Dubai.
>>> :)
>> Saw a bit of this. Schiavone was up 5-2 in the 2nd, and then choked,
>> but just barely managed to win. She played well, but this increases
>> the feeling I got at AO. This is going to be tough year for Henin. She
>> doesn't look like the dominating player she was last year.
>
> I saw that too (from the end of the first set). Both were tight as
> drums at the end, and both forehands were a bit erratic. Schiavone
> looked a bit desperate when she lost her service breaks, but then
> Henin could not maintain her comeback. I think she has lost a bit of
> the killer instinct, so you may be right about her having a tough
> year.
>
> I noticed both were hitting backhands just wide out to the left, as if
> the ball was coming on to them a bit quicker than expected.

...or Henin was tired from semi & slower?

29 Feb 2008 16:00:55
Sakari Lund
Re: Schiavone Spoiler

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 18:21:50 +1100, Whisper <[email protected] >
wrote:

>topspin wrote:
>> On 28 Feb, 21:52, Sakari Lund <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> Saw a bit of this. Schiavone was up 5-2 in the 2nd, and then choked,
>>> but just barely managed to win. She played well, but this increases
>>> the feeling I got at AO. This is going to be tough year for Henin. She
>>> doesn't look like the dominating player she was last year.
>>
>> I saw that too (from the end of the first set). Both were tight as
>> drums at the end, and both forehands were a bit erratic. Schiavone
>> looked a bit desperate when she lost her service breaks, but then
>> Henin could not maintain her comeback. I think she has lost a bit of
>> the killer instinct, so you may be right about her having a tough
>> year.
>>
>> I noticed both were hitting backhands just wide out to the left, as if
>> the ball was coming on to them a bit quicker than expected.
>

>...or Henin was tired from semi & slower?

I doubt she was tired from semi, because the last semi she played was
couple of weeks ago. The fact she has two very long close matches
early in the tournament, one of which she loses, shows that she is not
dominating like last year.

29 Feb 2008 06:19:14
ahonkan
Re: Schiavone Spoiler

On Feb 29, 7:00 pm, Sakari Lund <[email protected] > wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 18:21:50 +1100, Whisper <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

> >topspin wrote:

> >> I saw that too (from the end of the first set). Both were tight as
> >> drums at the end, and both forehands were a bit erratic. Schiavone
> >> looked a bit desperate when she lost her service breaks, but then
> >> Henin could not maintain her comeback. I think she has lost a bit of
> >> the killer instinct, so you may be right about her having a tough
> >> year.
>
> >> I noticed both were hitting backhands just wide out to the left, as if
> >> the ball was coming on to them a bit quicker than expected.
>
> >...or Henin was tired from semi & slower?
>
> I doubt she was tired from semi, because the last semi she played was
> couple of weeks ago. The fact she has two very long close matches
> early in the tournament, one of which she loses, shows that she is not
> dominating like last year.

I wonder if it's a part of the change of guard in both the men's
and women's
games. Next week will show if Fed joins Henin as the loser of the
Dubai
title. Henin, Mauresmo, Jankovic are all playing worse than last
year
and (based on a sample of 1-2 tournaments) so are Fed and Nadal.
This year offers a big chance to Djoker and Shara. Will they step
up?

03 Mar 2008 13:37:36
ahonkan
Re: Schiavone Spoiler

On Feb 29, 7:19 pm, ahonkan <[email protected] > wrote:

> I wonder if it's a part of the change of guard in both the men's
> and women's
> games. Next week will show if Fed joins Henin as the loser of the
> Dubai
> title. Henin, Mauresmo, Jankovic are all playing worse than last
> year
> and (based on a sample of 1-2 tournaments) so are Fed and Nadal.
> This year offers a big chance to Djoker and Shara. Will they step
> up?

Well, that seems prophetic now.
It does seem both Henin and Fed are struggling badly this year.
Does this signal a change of guard in both? I won't be surprised
if
both of them lose the #1 spot at least for some time during the
year.
I do think both will end the year as #1, though.