28 Feb 2008 17:35:11
Raja
Lendl on Connors and McEnroe in 1987

LOL

"I think Connors believes he has to hate everybody he plays [in
order] to play better, and McEnroe hates just about everyone who can
beat him. He used to hate Jimmy Connors and me. Now he has to hate the
top 50."

LOL

29 Feb 2008 02:09:30
RuPEDski
Re: Lendl on Connors and McEnroe in 1987

"Raja" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]m...
> LOL
>
> "I think Connors believes he has to hate everybody he plays [in
> order] to play better, and McEnroe hates just about everyone who can
> beat him. He used to hate Jimmy Connors and me. Now he has to hate the
> top 50."
>
> LOL

"Ivan Lendl - great personality,a bit of an introvert, but respected
opponents, even praised Mcenroe's game quite a lot. "

Raja: from thread:
Goat in terms of being a champion with a great personality
(Raja ranked Lendl as #1 man)

I think you need to start a bunch of new puppets Raj. It helps cover the
incorrect material. Doesn't work on most of us....but there's always Sakari!

PS glad you have now read that Lendl clearly conceded that Mcenroe's game
had deteriorated a great deal. I told you that quite some time ago.

28 Feb 2008 18:22:21
Raja

On Feb 28, 8:09=A0pm, "RuPEDski" <[email protected] > wrote:
> "Raja" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]m...
>
> > LOL
>
> > "I think Connors believes he has to hate everybody he plays [in
> > order] =A0to play better, and McEnroe hates just about everyone who can
> > beat him. He used to hate Jimmy Connors and me. Now he has to hate the
> > top 50."
>
> > LOL
>
> "Ivan Lendl - great personality,a bit of an introvert, but respected
> opponents, even praised Mcenroe's game quite a lot. "

And your point is?

> Raja: from thread:
> Goat in terms of being a champion with a great personality
> (Raja ranked Lendl as #1 man)
>
> I think you need to start a bunch of new puppets Raj. It helps cover the
> incorrect material. Doesn't work on most of us....but there's always Sakar=
i!

> PS glad you have now read that Lendl clearly conceded that Mcenroe's game
> had deteriorated a great deal. I told you that quite some time ago.

Yes McEnroe's game did detoriate in 1987. Not in 1985, in 1985 he
merely got his ass kicked by Lendl.

28 Feb 2008 20:17:39
Jim

On Feb 28, 8:22 pm, Raja <[email protected] > wrote:
> On Feb 28, 8:09 pm, "RuPEDski" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Raja" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> >news:[email protected]m...
>
> > > LOL
>
> > > "I think Connors believes he has to hate everybody he plays [in
> > > order] to play better, and McEnroe hates just about everyone who can
> > > beat him. He used to hate Jimmy Connors and me. Now he has to hate the
> > > top 50."
>
> > > LOL
>
> > "Ivan Lendl - great personality,a bit of an introvert, but respected
> > opponents, even praised Mcenroe's game quite a lot. "
>
> And your point is?
>

> > Raja: from thread:
> > Goat in terms of being a champion with a great personality
> > (Raja ranked Lendl as #1 man)
>
> > I think you need to start a bunch of new puppets Raj. It helps cover the
> > incorrect material. Doesn't work on most of us....but there's always Sakari!
>
> > PS glad you have now read that Lendl clearly conceded that Mcenroe's game
> > had deteriorated a great deal. I told you that quite some time ago.
>
> Yes McEnroe's game did detoriate in 1987. Not in 1985, in 1985 he
> merely got his ass kicked by Lendl.

Um, he was 3-2 vs. McEnroe in 1985. Not exactly an ass-kicking.

-D

28 Feb 2008 20:34:59
Raja

On Feb 28, 10:17=A0pm, Jim <[email protected] > wrote:
> On Feb 28, 8:22 pm, Raja <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > On Feb 28, 8:09 pm, "RuPEDski" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > "Raja" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> > >news:[email protected]m.=
..

> > > "Ivan Lendl - great personality,a bit of an introvert, but respected
> > > opponents, even praised Mcenroe's game quite a lot. "
>
> > And your point is?
>
> > > Raja: from thread:
> > > Goat in terms of being a champion with a great personality
> > > (Raja ranked Lendl as #1 man)
>
> > > I think you need to start a bunch of new puppets Raj. It helps cover t=
he
> > > incorrect material. Doesn't work on most of us....but there's always S=
akari!

> > > PS glad you have now read that Lendl clearly conceded that Mcenroe's g=
ame
> > > had deteriorated a great deal. I told you that quite some time ago.
>
> > Yes McEnroe's game did detoriate in 1987. Not in 1985, in 1985 he
> > merely got his ass kicked by Lendl.
>
> Um, he was 3-2 vs. McEnroe in 1985. Not exactly an ass-kicking.

Hmm... that was for John. It made him go into semi retirement.

> -D- Hide quoted text -

Whisper

Raja wrote:
> On Feb 28, 8:09 pm, "RuPEDski" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> "Raja" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> news:[email protected]m...
>>
>>> LOL
>>> "I think Connors believes he has to hate everybody he plays [in
>>> order] to play better, and McEnroe hates just about everyone who can
>>> beat him. He used to hate Jimmy Connors and me. Now he has to hate the
>>> top 50."
>>> LOL
>> "Ivan Lendl - great personality,a bit of an introvert, but respected
>> opponents, even praised Mcenroe's game quite a lot. "
>
> And your point is?
>
>> Raja: from thread:
>> Goat in terms of being a champion with a great personality
>> (Raja ranked Lendl as #1 man)
>>
>> I think you need to start a bunch of new puppets Raj. It helps cover the
>> incorrect material. Doesn't work on most of us....but there's always Sakari!
>>
>> PS glad you have now read that Lendl clearly conceded that Mcenroe's game
>> had deteriorated a great deal. I told you that quite some time ago.
>
> Yes McEnroe's game did detoriate in 1987. Not in 1985, in 1985 he
> merely got his ass kicked by Lendl.

He really got his arse kicked by Curren at Wimbledon 62 62 63 - that
tells us how far he'd fallen.

29 Feb 2008 09:21:16
RuPEDski
Re: Lendl on Connors and McEnroe in 1987

"Jim" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Feb 28, 8:22 pm, Raja <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Feb 28, 8:09 pm, "RuPEDski" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> > "Raja" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> >news:[email protected]m...

>> > "Ivan Lendl - great personality,a bit of an introvert, but respected
>> > opponents, even praised Mcenroe's game quite a lot. "
>>
>> And your point is?
>>

>> > Raja: from thread:
>> > Goat in terms of being a champion with a great personality
>> > (Raja ranked Lendl as #1 man)
>>
>> > I think you need to start a bunch of new puppets Raj. It helps cover
>> > the
>> > incorrect material. Doesn't work on most of us....but there's always
>> > Sakari!
>>
>> > PS glad you have now read that Lendl clearly conceded that Mcenroe's
>> > game
>> > had deteriorated a great deal. I told you that quite some time ago.
>>
>> Yes McEnroe's game did detoriate in 1987. Not in 1985, in 1985 he
>> merely got his ass kicked by Lendl.
>
> Um, he was 3-2 vs. McEnroe in 1985. Not exactly an ass-kicking.

and he had said he'd been running on fumes all year despite his good
results. Further, nobody disputes his extreme fatigue in the USO final
against Lendl....well except Raja because he just saw it last week and has
no idea what he's looking at or what it means.

29 Feb 2008 16:12:44
Sakari Lund
Re: Lendl on Connors and McEnroe in 1987

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 02:09:30 GMT, "RuPEDski" <[email protected] >
wrote:

>"Raja" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]m...
>> LOL
>>
>> "I think Connors believes he has to hate everybody he plays [in
>> order] to play better, and McEnroe hates just about everyone who can
>> beat him. He used to hate Jimmy Connors and me. Now he has to hate the
>> top 50."
>>
>> LOL
>
>"Ivan Lendl - great personality,a bit of an introvert, but respected
>opponents, even praised Mcenroe's game quite a lot. "
>
>Raja: from thread:
>Goat in terms of being a champion with a great personality
>(Raja ranked Lendl as #1 man)
>
>I think you need to start a bunch of new puppets Raj. It helps cover the
>incorrect material. Doesn't work on most of us....but there's always Sakari!

There are signs even in the last few days, that I know much better
than you what is going on here. I bet you don't even realize some of
the things you have missed. But keep saying that if it makes you feel
better.

01 Mar 2008 08:17:08
RuPEDski
Re: Lendl on Connors and McEnroe in 1987

"Sakari Lund" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 02:09:30 GMT, "RuPEDski" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"Raja" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]m...
>>> LOL
>>>
>>> "I think Connors believes he has to hate everybody he plays [in
>>> order] to play better, and McEnroe hates just about everyone who can
>>> beat him. He used to hate Jimmy Connors and me. Now he has to hate the
>>> top 50."
>>>
>>> LOL
>>
>>"Ivan Lendl - great personality,a bit of an introvert, but respected
>>opponents, even praised Mcenroe's game quite a lot. "
>>
>>Raja: from thread:
>>Goat in terms of being a champion with a great personality
>>(Raja ranked Lendl as #1 man)
>>
>>I think you need to start a bunch of new puppets Raj. It helps cover the
>>incorrect material. Doesn't work on most of us....but there's always
>>Sakari!
>
> There are signs even in the last few days, that I know much better
> than you what is going on here. I bet you don't even realize some of
> the things you have missed. But keep saying that if it makes you feel
> better.

ROFL!!

It does bring me back to the 5yr old playground days when the mentally
retarded kid yells "Oh yeah!!! Well....I'm so smart....you're not even smart
enough to know how smart I am!"

Good stuff.