28 Feb 2008 21:11:51
Vari L. Cinicke
I had forgotten this famous h2h

One is a hack whose real weapon was his ability to unnerve his opponents.

The other is one of the very best of the Open Era.

The hack is 10 years older than the great champion.

Their h2h stands at a slim 5-4 edge for the great one.

http://www.aTPTeNNis.cOM/3/en/pLAyeRS/hEAdtOHeAD/?pLAyER1=sAM%2C+pET&PLaYEr2=gILb%2C+br

--
Cheers,

vc

28 Feb 2008 14:09:34
Re: I had forgotten this famous h2h

On Feb 28, 4:11 pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <[email protected] > wrote:
> One is a hack whose real weapon was his ability to unnerve his opponents.
>
> The other is one of the very best of the Open Era.
>
> The hack is 10 years older than the great champion.
>
> Their h2h stands at a slim 5-4 edge for the great one.
>
> http://www.aTPTeNNis.cOM/3/en/pLAyeRS/hEAdtOHeAD/?pLAyER1=sAM%2C+pET&...

Gilbert was often a problem matchup. Except when he wasn't.

What's the point here?

28 Feb 2008 22:18:21
Vari L. Cinicke

[email protected] wrote:
> On Feb 28, 4:11 pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> One is a hack whose real weapon was his ability to unnerve his opponents.
>>
>> The other is one of the very best of the Open Era.
>>
>> The hack is 10 years older than the great champion.
>>
>> Their h2h stands at a slim 5-4 edge for the great one.
>>
>> http://www.aTPTeNNis.cOM/3/en/pLAyeRS/hEAdtOHeAD/?pLAyER1=sAM%2C+pET&...
>
> Gilbert was often a problem matchup. Except when he wasn't.
>
> What's the point here?

I saw a link on youtube to one of their matches when I clicked on a
Murray cursing at BG link that was on a thread on rst. One thing led to
another and the thread.

What is the point of looking for a point in a thread here?

--
Cheers,

vc

29 Feb 2008 18:20:11
Whisper

Vari L. Cinicke wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>> On Feb 28, 4:11 pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> One is a hack whose real weapon was his ability to unnerve his
>>> opponents.
>>>
>>> The other is one of the very best of the Open Era.
>>>
>>> The hack is 10 years older than the great champion.
>>>
>>> Their h2h stands at a slim 5-4 edge for the great one.
>>>
>>> http://www.aTPTeNNis.cOM/3/en/pLAyeRS/hEAdtOHeAD/?pLAyER1=sAM%2C+pET&...
>>
>> Gilbert was often a problem matchup. Except when he wasn't.
>>
>> What's the point here?
>
> I saw a link on youtube to one of their matches when I clicked on a
> Murray cursing at BG link that was on a thread on rst. One thing led to
> another and the thread.
>
> What is the point of looking for a point in a thread here?

Exactly. Pedro should know better than to look for a point in a Vari
post. 100% of the time it's a softcock bait or navel gazing.

29 Feb 2008 10:01:31
RuPEDski
Re: I had forgotten this famous h2h

"Whisper" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Vari L. Cinicke wrote:
>> [email protected] wrote:

>>> Gilbert was often a problem matchup. Except when he wasn't.
>>>
>>> What's the point here?
>>
>> I saw a link on youtube to one of their matches when I clicked on a
>> Murray cursing at BG link that was on a thread on rst. One thing led to
>> another and the thread.
>>
>> What is the point of looking for a point in a thread here?
>>

> Exactly. Pedro should know better than to look for a point in a Vari
> post. 100% of the time it's a softcock bait or navel gazing.

Indeed. Apparently, we're all supposed to freak out about yet another troll
on Sampras. However, if Vari actually knew anything about tennis, he'd know
that many excellent players like Becker and Chang had similar records and in
fact, many others like Agassi, Courier and Stich had worse.