29 Nov 2005 11:45:29
Adam Thirnis
Groundie must achieve calendar slam to be considered great

He'll never be seen as great until he correctly predicts before each slam
that Federer will not win it.

29 Nov 2005 17:53:09
Vari L. Cinicke
Re: Groundie must achieve calendar slam to be considered great

Adam Thirnis wrote:

> He'll never be seen as great until he correctly predicts before each slam
> that Federer will not win it.

Groundie's customized calendar pictures are now available on the web on
the ATP site. Maybe Groundie is a published author after all!

http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsandscores/news/2005/federer_people.asp

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/gallery/

Cheers,

vc :-D

29 Nov 2005 18:45:34
Dr. GroundAxe

Adam Thirnis wrote:
> He'll never be seen as great until he correctly predicts before each slam
> that Federer will not win it.

2006, Federer will not win AO/FO/USO.

29 Nov 2005 18:53:10

Dr. GroundAxe wrote:

> Adam Thirnis wrote:
>
>> He'll never be seen as great until he correctly predicts before each
>> slam that Federer will not win it.
>

> 2006, Federer will not win AO/FO/USO.

Quite positive that you have come to accept Federer as the man to beat
at Wimbledon!

Cheers,

vc

30 Nov 2005 17:59:53
HardCell
Re: Groundie must achieve calendar slam to be considered great

"Dr. GroundAxe" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Adam Thirnis wrote:

>> He'll never be seen as great until he correctly predicts before each slam
>> that Federer will not win it.
>
> 2006, Federer will not win AO/FO/USO.

I'd love to see Nalbandian take him out in any / all of the above. Let's
get
some rivalries going, some real animosity, for the sake of the game.
Throw Nadal into the mix, and maybe we'll have some fun. And then
there's Goran's proposed comeback. He's in the best shape I've ever
seen him in right now. Some extra muscle on that great serve would be
fun to see, and we all know he's capable of a hot streak at any time.

01 Dec 2005 04:00:08

HardCell wrote:

> I'd love to see Nalbandian take him out in any / all of the above. Let's
> get
> some rivalries going, some real animosity, for the sake of the game.
> Throw Nadal into the mix, and maybe we'll have some fun. And then
> there's Goran's proposed comeback. He's in the best shape I've ever
> seen him in right now. Some extra muscle on that great serve would be
> fun to see, and we all know he's capable of a hot streak at any time.

Utter and complete domination can be fun too, because it is so rare.
When was the last time a men's champion was so dominant? Rod Laver, I
suppose.

05 Mar 2006 12:16:31
Adam Thirnis
Re: Groundie must achieve calendar slam to be considered great

"Dr. GroundAxe" <[email protected] > wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Adam Thirnis wrote:
>> He'll never be seen as great until he correctly predicts before each
>> slam that Federer will not win it.
>

> 2006, Federer will not win AO/FO/USO.

Greatness next year then Groundie maybe?