31 Aug 2007 22:47:48
Hops
Contest picks

Posted

http://www.tennis28.com/funstuff/rst_2007sp_US.html

Check to confirm your entry is listed and correct.

01 Sep 2007 05:13:05
blueskates
Re: Contest picks

On Sep 1, 1:47 am, "Hops" <[email protected] > wrote:
> Posted
>
> http://www.tennis28.com/funstuff/rst_2007sp_US.html
>
> Check to confirm your entry is listed and correct.

Dave Hazelwood Roger Federer def. Lleyton Hewitt

AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA
[...]

01 Sep 2007 12:43:47
Dave Hazelwood
Re: Contest picks

It was a "great" pick most will admit and well thought out.

But, shit happens.

Now who ?

Well, it looks as if Djokovic will make the SF now unless CALLERI also
takes him out in the QF ? Possible ? Maybe. Calleri is a giant killer.

In Rafa's half it's less certain. Nalbandian, Ferrer, Lubicic and Rafa
are all toss ups.

I'd say now it is looking like a

1. Federer- Djokovic final

or in order of liklihood:

2. Federer- Nalbandian
3. Federer- Lubicic
4. Federer - Ferrer
5. Federer - Nadal

In the event Calleri beats Djokovic then it is almost certainly a

Federer - Calleri final because beating both Hewitt and Djokovic
means he's hot like Gonzo was at the AO and Djock was a Montreal
and it will take his Majesty, Roger Federer, to cool his heels.

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 05:13:05 -0700, blueskates
<[email protected] > wrote:

> [...]
>AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA
>AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA
>AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA
>AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA
>AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA
>AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA
>AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA
>AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA
>AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA
>AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA
>AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA
>AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA

01 Sep 2007 06:07:21
blueskates
Re: Contest picks

On Sep 1, 8:43 am, Dave Hazelwood <[email protected] > wrote:
> It was a "great" pick most will admit and well thought out.
>
> But, shit happens.
>
> Now who ?
>
> Well, it looks as if Djokovic will make the SF now unless CALLERI also
> takes him out in the QF ? Possible ? Maybe. Calleri is a giant killer.
>
> In Rafa's half it's less certain. Nalbandian, Ferrer, Lubicic and Rafa
> are all toss ups.
>
> I'd say now it is looking like a
>
> 1. Federer- Djokovic final
>
> or in order of liklihood:
>
> 2. Federer- Nalbandian
> 3. Federer- Lubicic
> 4. Federer - Ferrer
> 5. Federer - Nadal
>
> In the event Calleri beats Djokovic then it is almost certainly a
>
> Federer - Calleri final because beating both Hewitt and Djokovic
> means he's hot like Gonzo was at the AO and Djock was a Montreal
> and it will take his Majesty, Roger Federer, to cool his heels.

When has Hewitt ever beaten an on form Federer?

You picked Hewitt because you can't stand the thought of Djokovic
making the final.

The tennis gods were not amused.

01 Sep 2007 13:15:51
Dave Hazelwood
Re: Contest picks

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 06:07:21 -0700, blueskates
<[email protected] > wrote:

>On Sep 1, 8:43 am, Dave Hazelwood <[email protected]> wrote:
>> It was a "great" pick most will admit and well thought out.
>>
>> But, shit happens.
>>
>> Now who ?
>>
>> Well, it looks as if Djokovic will make the SF now unless CALLERI also
>> takes him out in the QF ? Possible ? Maybe. Calleri is a giant killer.
>>
>> In Rafa's half it's less certain. Nalbandian, Ferrer, Lubicic and Rafa
>> are all toss ups.
>>
>> I'd say now it is looking like a
>>
>> 1. Federer- Djokovic final
>>
>> or in order of liklihood:
>>
>> 2. Federer- Nalbandian
>> 3. Federer- Lubicic
>> 4. Federer - Ferrer
>> 5. Federer - Nadal
>>
>> In the event Calleri beats Djokovic then it is almost certainly a
>>
>> Federer - Calleri final because beating both Hewitt and Djokovic
>> means he's hot like Gonzo was at the AO and Djock was a Montreal
>> and it will take his Majesty, Roger Federer, to cool his heels.
>
>When has Hewitt ever beaten an on form Federer?
>
>You picked Hewitt because you can't stand the thought of Djokovic
>making the final.
>
>The tennis gods were not amused.

No. I never said Hewitt would beat Fed did I ?

I said I expected Hewitt to meet Fed in the final.

01 Sep 2007 06:42:44
Re: Contest picks

On Sep 1, 1:47 am, "Hops" <[email protected] > wrote:
> Posted
>
> http://www.tennis28.com/funstuff/rst_2007sp_US.html
>
> Check to confirm your entry is listed and correct.

Holy Repetitive Repetition, Batman!

If Federer beats Nadal and Henin beats Sharapova, Wendy'll need to
triple her tournament attendance to come up with programs as prizes
for all us geniuses.

01 Sep 2007 06:44:37
number_six
Re: Contest picks

On Sep 1, 4:43 am, Dave Hazelwood wrote:
> Well, it looks as if Djokovic will make the SF now unless CALLERI also
> takes him out in the QF ? Possible ? Maybe. Calleri is a giant killer.

Assuming Calleri gets past Monaco.

01 Sep 2007 06:55:19
Re: Contest picks

On Sep 1, 9:44 am, number_six <[email protected] > wrote:
> On Sep 1, 4:43 am, Dave Hazelwood wrote:
>
> > Well, it looks as if Djokovic will make the SF now unless CALLERI also
> > takes him out in the QF ? Possible ? Maybe. Calleri is a giant killer.
>
> Assuming Calleri gets past Monaco.

Hazelwood is just being all provocative. Like any normal twelve-year-
old.

01 Sep 2007 07:00:21
blueskates
Re: Contest picks

On Sep 1, 9:15 am, Dave Hazelwood <[email protected] > wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 06:07:21 -0700, blueskates
>

> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >On Sep 1, 8:43 am, Dave Hazelwood <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> It was a "great" pick most will admit and well thought out.
>
> >> But, shit happens.
>
> >> Now who ?
>
> >> Well, it looks as if Djokovic will make the SF now unless CALLERI also
> >> takes him out in the QF ? Possible ? Maybe. Calleri is a giant killer.
>
> >> In Rafa's half it's less certain. Nalbandian, Ferrer, Lubicic and Rafa
> >> are all toss ups.
>
> >> I'd say now it is looking like a
>
> >> 1. Federer- Djokovic final
>
> >> or in order of liklihood:
>
> >> 2. Federer- Nalbandian
> >> 3. Federer- Lubicic
> >> 4. Federer - Ferrer
> >> 5. Federer - Nadal
>
> >> In the event Calleri beats Djokovic then it is almost certainly a
>
> >> Federer - Calleri final because beating both Hewitt and Djokovic
> >> means he's hot like Gonzo was at the AO and Djock was a Montreal
> >> and it will take his Majesty, Roger Federer, to cool his heels.
>
> >When has Hewitt ever beaten an on form Federer?
>
> >You picked Hewitt because you can't stand the thought of Djokovic
> >making the final.
>
> >The tennis gods were not amused.
>
> No. I never said Hewitt would beat Fed did I ?
>
> I said I expected Hewitt to meet Fed in the final.

After the season Djokovic has had Hewitt is not the correct pick.

You would have picked anyone but Nadal or Djokovic and the tennis gods
knew it and acted appropriately.

01 Sep 2007 19:05:04
Sakari Lund
Re: Contest picks

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 06:42:44 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>On Sep 1, 1:47 am, "Hops" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Posted
>>
>> http://www.tennis28.com/funstuff/rst_2007sp_US.html
>>
>> Check to confirm your entry is listed and correct.
>
>Holy Repetitive Repetition, Batman!
>
>If Federer beats Nadal and Henin beats Sharapova, Wendy'll need to
>triple her tournament attendance to come up with programs as prizes
>for all us geniuses.

But most of you don't realize that 100% Shara is better on HC than
Henin. I had a bit of a gamble, because I didn't know if she was 100%,
but looking great. Not so sure that Henin will make the final though.

01 Sep 2007 20:56:04
Sakari Lund
Re: Contest picks

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 19:05:04 +0300, Sakari Lund
<[email protected] > wrote:

>On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 06:42:44 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
>
>>On Sep 1, 1:47 am, "Hops" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Posted
>>>
>>> http://www.tennis28.com/funstuff/rst_2007sp_US.html
>>>
>>> Check to confirm your entry is listed and correct.
>>
>>Holy Repetitive Repetition, Batman!
>>
>>If Federer beats Nadal and Henin beats Sharapova, Wendy'll need to
>>triple her tournament attendance to come up with programs as prizes
>>for all us geniuses.
>
>But most of you don't realize that 100% Shara is better on HC than
>Henin. I had a bit of a gamble, because I didn't know if she was 100%,
>but looking great. Not so sure that Henin will make the final though.

And that was what we call Tier I analysis... :-)

01 Sep 2007 21:04:09
TJT
Re: Contest picks

Sakari Lund wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 19:05:04 +0300, Sakari Lund
> <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> Holy Repetitive Repetition, Batman!
>>>
>>> If Federer beats Nadal and Henin beats Sharapova, Wendy'll need to
>>> triple her tournament attendance to come up with programs as prizes
>>> for all us geniuses.
>> But most of you don't realize that 100% Shara is better on HC than
>> Henin. I had a bit of a gamble, because I didn't know if she was 100%,
>> but looking great. Not so sure that Henin will make the final though.
>
> And that was what we call Tier I analysis... :-)

Pretty badly timed analysis there...
:)

01 Sep 2007 11:06:21
blueskates
Re: Contest picks

On Sep 1, 12:05 pm, Sakari Lund <[email protected] > wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 06:42:44 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
> >On Sep 1, 1:47 am, "Hops" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> Posted
>
> >>http://www.tennis28.com/funstuff/rst_2007sp_US.html
>
> >> Check to confirm your entry is listed and correct.
>
> >Holy Repetitive Repetition, Batman!
>
> >If Federer beats Nadal and Henin beats Sharapova, Wendy'll need to
> >triple her tournament attendance to come up with programs as prizes
> >for all us geniuses.
>
> But most of you don't realize that 100% Shara is better on HC than
> Henin. I had a bit of a gamble, because I didn't know if she was 100%,
> but looking great. Not so sure that Henin will make the final though.

I don't believe that at all. Shara is just too tall. Justin moves
really well.

02 Sep 2007 09:52:38
coop-a-loop
Re: Contest picks

I was only joking.

You can keep things Djok over Roddick for me. I picked Rod thinking
Gas beats Fed. I joked because Gas retired/injured, making it bad
pick. But that is life.

Rod will probably get butt kicked now, but that is ok. You can keep
Djok beat Rod. Regardless of Gas, I would not pick Fed as winner.