31 Jan 2007 19:27:12
deuce
Attention Erich: Your YouTube account is suspended currently...

What happened? Why did they suspend your account?

01 Feb 2007 03:39:06
Erich
Re: Attention Erich: Your YouTube account is suspended currently...

"deuce" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> What happened? Why did they suspend your account?

Tennis Australia and the USTA have been going after people who post clips
from the AO and US Open. It usually results in accounts being suspended.

31 Jan 2007 20:33:31
Sasidharp
Re: Attention Erich: Your YouTube account is suspended currently...

On Jan 31, 10:39 pm, "Erich" <[email protected] >
wrote:
> "deuce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]
>
> > What happened? Why did they suspend your account?
>
> Tennis Australia and the USTA have been going after people who post clips
> from the AO and US Open. It usually results in accounts being suspended.

Awww... shouldn't there be a different site which allows the vids to
be posted freely?

Google video??

31 Jan 2007 23:04:07
stephenj

Erich wrote:
> "deuce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
>>What happened? Why did they suspend your account?
>

> Tennis Australia and the USTA have been going after people who post clips
> from the AO and US Open. It usually results in accounts being suspended.

idiots. they should be happy about the exposure.

--
"when i visited Aden before collectivization,
all the markets were full of fish product. After

- Aleksandr Vassiliev, Soviet KGB official

01 Feb 2007 05:10:51
Dave Hazelwood
Re: Attention Erich: Your YouTube account is suspended currently...

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 03:39:06 GMT, "Erich"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>"deuce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>> What happened? Why did they suspend your account?
>
>Tennis Australia and the USTA have been going after people who post clips
>from the AO and US Open. It usually results in accounts being suspended.

a short clip is fair use. oh wait the people who vote don't have a say
anymore. the big companies who don't vote get all the laws changed
because they have all the politicians in their pocket. i see i see.

and its totally assinine ! they should welcome anything that promotes
the sport so that more people watch live and go to the matches.

talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

dumb dumb dumb.

01 Feb 2007 00:57:29
ew
Re: Attention Erich: Your YouTube account is suspended currently...

It's only a matter of time before YouTube is stripped of all interest
anyhow, the process is already well under way. Will be a massive collection
of video blogs from profoundly uninteresting people and the usual rubbish
heap of corporate propaganda.

So much for the USTA's stated goal of increasing interest of the sport in
the US...they seem to have other priorities....

OK, so now I'm mad at TA, USTA, YouTube and now ESPN for their 5c copy
protection, Comcast for thier 2GB/month download limit on newsgroups...and
of course G W Bush (but that one is a Universal given) and on and on....

Once again, thanks for all your clips....

"Erich" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:thdwh.68989[email protected]
> "deuce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> What happened? Why did they suspend your account?
>
> Tennis Australia and the USTA have been going after people who post clips
> from the AO and US Open. It usually results in accounts being suspended.

01 Feb 2007 19:26:00
Whisper

Erich wrote:
> "deuce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> What happened? Why did they suspend your account?
>
> Tennis Australia and the USTA have been going after people who post clips
> from the AO and US Open. It usually results in accounts being suspended.

Australian Idol producers did something similar here last yr - bunch of
clowns lol....

01 Feb 2007 19:27:17
Whisper

Sasidharp wrote:
> On Jan 31, 10:39 pm, "Erich" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>> "deuce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> news:[email protected]
>>
>>> What happened? Why did they suspend your account?
>> Tennis Australia and the USTA have been going after people who post clips
>> from the AO and US Open. It usually results in accounts being suspended.
>
> Awww... shouldn't there be a different site which allows the vids to
> be posted freely?
>
> Google video??

Youtube is obvious target.....

01 Feb 2007 19:31:52
Whisper

stephenj wrote:
> Erich wrote:
>> "deuce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>
>>> What happened? Why did they suspend your account?
>>

>> Tennis Australia and the USTA have been going after people who post
>> clips from the AO and US Open. It usually results in accounts being
>> suspended.
>
> idiots. they should be happy about the exposure.

Exactly. If they want to make revenue they need to invest in better
marketing strategies - eg offer a signed photo or Fed doll with a HD
version on DVD - things you can't download. Fans would be happy to pay
(as long as it's reasonably priced). Most people who download these
mostly inferior versions wouldn't pay for it anyway, so revenue neutral.

01 Feb 2007 09:38:06
G.Velez
Re: Attention Erich: Your YouTube account is suspended currently...

"Erich" <[email protected] > a écrit dans le message de
news: [email protected]
> "deuce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> What happened? Why did they suspend your account?
>
> Tennis Australia and the USTA have been going after people who post clips
> from the AO and US Open. It usually results in accounts being suspended.

Try Dailymotion.com

01 Feb 2007 04:07:18
wkhedr

wrote:
> "deuce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]
>
> > What happened? Why did they suspend your account?
>
> Tennis Australia and the USTA have been going after people who post clips
> from the AO and US Open. It usually results in accounts being suspended.

Idiots!!

01 Feb 2007 04:22:47
robin

On 1 Feb, 03:39, "Erich" <[email protected] > wrote:
> "deuce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]
>
> > What happened? Why did they suspend your account?
>
> Tennis Australia and the USTA have been going after people who post clips
> from the AO and US Open. It usually results in accounts being suspended.

Good to see these organisations are being run by people who genuinely
care about the game, and not a bunch of greedy corporate types......

01 Feb 2007 13:04:20
Erich
Re: Attention Erich: Your YouTube account is suspended currently...

"Dave Hazelwood" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 03:39:06 GMT, "Erich"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>"deuce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]
>>> What happened? Why did they suspend your account?
>>
>>Tennis Australia and the USTA have been going after people who post clips
>>from the AO and US Open. It usually results in accounts being suspended.
>>

> a short clip is fair use.

Most of my clips were in the 8-10 minute range, so that's probably a little
more than "fair use", but I got PMs from posters who complained about having
had 4-5 second clips removed, even just meaningless stuff like Federer or
Safin hitting a single stroke in practice.

> and its totally assinine ! they should welcome anything that promotes
> the sport so that more people watch live and go to the matches.

Yes, I was quite surprised how much interest there was in these clips.
Several of my Federer clips ended up in the top 5 most viewed sports clips,
the Agassi retirement and Serena vs Sharapova final ended up among the 20
most viewed clips on ALL of YouTube, and the Serena clip was among the 10
most discussed, even though it degraded into a bit of a Klan meeting at one
point, and at one stage my "channel" was the 17th most watched. If the ATP
had any sense, they would take advantage of YouTube themselves and use it to
promote the sport the way many of the major TV networks are doing, but until
they do, they should be ecstatic that others are bringing attention to a
game that badly needs it.

01 Feb 2007 13:29:07
Dave Hazelwood
Re: Attention Erich: Your YouTube account is suspended currently...

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 13:04:20 GMT, "Erich"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>"Dave Hazelwood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>> On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 03:39:06 GMT, "Erich"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>"deuce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]
>>>
>>>Tennis Australia and the USTA have been going after people who post clips
>>>from the AO and US Open. It usually results in accounts being suspended.
>>>

>> a short clip is fair use.
>
>Most of my clips were in the 8-10 minute range, so that's probably a little
>more than "fair use", but I got PMs from posters who complained about having
>had 4-5 second clips removed, even just meaningless stuff like Federer or
>Safin hitting a single stroke in practice.

I think less than 10% of anything is fair use.

I think if people can record 100% off the air than 100% is fair use as
long as you do not charge for it !

Is it illegal for you to record a match off TV ? No.

Is it illegal for me to record a match off TV ? No.

But, if you record it and I forget to and you give me your recording
it is ?

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Somebody is pissing into the wind here !

>> and its totally assinine ! they should welcome anything that promotes
>> the sport so that more people watch live and go to the matches.
>
>Yes, I was quite surprised how much interest there was in these clips.
>Several of my Federer clips ended up in the top 5 most viewed sports clips,
>the Agassi retirement and Serena vs Sharapova final ended up among the 20
>most viewed clips on ALL of YouTube, and the Serena clip was among the 10
>most discussed, even though it degraded into a bit of a Klan meeting at one
>point, and at one stage my "channel" was the 17th most watched. If the ATP
>had any sense, they would take advantage of YouTube themselves and use it to
>promote the sport the way many of the major TV networks are doing, but until
>they do, they should be ecstatic that others are bringing attention to a
>game that badly needs it.

01 Feb 2007 13:39:47
Erich
Re: Attention Erich: Your YouTube account is suspended currently...

"Dave Hazelwood" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 13:04:20 GMT, "Erich"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>"Dave Hazelwood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]

>>> a short clip is fair use.
>>
>>Most of my clips were in the 8-10 minute range, so that's probably a
>>little
>>more than "fair use", but I got PMs from posters who complained about
>>having
>>had 4-5 second clips removed, even just meaningless stuff like Federer or
>>Safin hitting a single stroke in practice.
>
> I think less than 10% of anything is fair use.

In the case of the Serena match, 10 minutes is more than 10%. :-)

> I think if people can record 100% off the air than 100% is fair use as
> long as you do not charge for it !

Not really, as it could be said to cut into profits from DVDs, pay-per-view,
subscriptions, international rights, etc, depending on the specific material
in question.

> Is it illegal for you to record a match off TV ? No.

No, but it would be illegal for you to distribute such a recording.

> Is it illegal for me to record a match off TV ? No.

Again, distribution is the issue. Tennis Australia and the ATP are not going
after people who record it off TV for private use.

> But, if you record it and I forget to and you give me your recording
> it is ?

Technically yes, but it's impractical to pursue the matter. Once you start
distributing to thousands and millions of people, it becomes a different
issue.

> Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
>
> Somebody is pissing into the wind here !

Not really. It's a fair point, but the real issue here is that people are
doing what they should be doing themselves.

01 Feb 2007 13:52:36
Dave Hazelwood
Re: Attention Erich: Your YouTube account is suspended currently...

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 13:39:47 GMT, "Erich"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>"Dave Hazelwood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>> On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 13:04:20 GMT, "Erich"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>"Dave Hazelwood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]

>>>Most of my clips were in the 8-10 minute range, so that's probably a
>>>little
>>>more than "fair use", but I got PMs from posters who complained about
>>>having
>>>had 4-5 second clips removed, even just meaningless stuff like Federer or
>>>Safin hitting a single stroke in practice.
>>
>> I think less than 10% of anything is fair use.
>
>In the case of the Serena match, 10 minutes is more than 10%. :-)
>

>> I think if people can record 100% off the air than 100% is fair use as
>> long as you do not charge for it !
>
>Not really, as it could be said to cut into profits from DVDs, pay-per-view,
>subscriptions, international rights, etc, depending on the specific material
>in question.
>

>> Is it illegal for you to record a match off TV ? No.
>
>No, but it would be illegal for you to distribute such a recording.
>

>> Is it illegal for me to record a match off TV ? No.
>
>Again, distribution is the issue. Tennis Australia and the ATP are not going
>after people who record it off TV for private use.
>

>> But, if you record it and I forget to and you give me your recording
>> it is ?
>
>Technically yes, but it's impractical to pursue the matter. Once you start
>distributing to thousands and millions of people, it becomes a different
>issue.
>

>> Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
>>
>> Somebody is pissing into the wind here !
>
>Not really. It's a fair point, but the real issue here is that people are
>doing what they should be doing themselves.

I think it is absurd !

These laws are made to protect big business at the expense of the
public.

And, I do not agree that a clip posted on you tube is "distribution"
or even a "public" showing.

Next thing you know they will be saying that libraries are !!!!!

I can go to the public library and borrow that DVD, take it home and
view it or even copy it and all is well.

Like I said something is fucked up and its the politicians who support
this stuff for campaign money at the expense of the voting public !

It is NOT a fair point. It is nothing more than GREED !!!

If they want the $$$$ for showing it publicly then they should have to
bear the risk. Otherwise they should have private theater showings
only.

These greedy fuckers have to be stopped or soon you will have to pay
to breath the air that they own and they will have bought it all.

We voters can stop it and we must. People vote ! Corporations don't !

01 Feb 2007 14:01:24
Erich
Re: Attention Erich: Your YouTube account is suspended currently...

"Dave Hazelwood" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 13:39:47 GMT, "Erich"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>"Dave Hazelwood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]

>>> I think less than 10% of anything is fair use.
>>
>>In the case of the Serena match, 10 minutes is more than 10%. :-)
>>

>>> I think if people can record 100% off the air than 100% is fair use as
>>> long as you do not charge for it !
>>
>>Not really, as it could be said to cut into profits from DVDs,
>>pay-per-view,
>>subscriptions, international rights, etc, depending on the specific
>>material
>>in question.
>>

>>> Is it illegal for you to record a match off TV ? No.
>>
>>No, but it would be illegal for you to distribute such a recording.
>>

>>> Is it illegal for me to record a match off TV ? No.
>>
>>Again, distribution is the issue. Tennis Australia and the ATP are not
>>going
>>after people who record it off TV for private use.
>>

>>> But, if you record it and I forget to and you give me your recording
>>> it is ?
>>
>>Technically yes, but it's impractical to pursue the matter. Once you start
>>distributing to thousands and millions of people, it becomes a different
>>issue.
>>

>>> Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
>>>
>>> Somebody is pissing into the wind here !
>>
>>Not really. It's a fair point, but the real issue here is that people are
>>doing what they should be doing themselves.
>>

> I think it is absurd !

They're not striking the right balance at the moment, and it looks to be
getting worse, but the basic principle seems solid enough to me.

> These laws are made to protect big business at the expense of the
> public.

There's no real expense for the public. It's not like we're being penalized.

> And, I do not agree that a clip posted on you tube is "distribution"
> or even a "public" showing.

Given the low quality, you may be right. :-) The problem is that if Tennis
Australia found themselves in court pursuing "real" piracy and illegal
distribution of their material, they would find it hard to convince a judge
who doesn't know his ass from his elbow, much less a 56kbps YouTube video
from a 20mbit HDTV version, that they have been consistent in going after
copyright infringements in the past.

> Next thing you know they will be saying that libraries are !!!!!
>
> I can go to the public library and borrow that DVD, take it home and
> view it or even copy it and all is well.

But library distribution is very limited as well in terms of available
copies.

> Like I said something is fucked up and its the politicians who support
> this stuff for campaign money at the expense of the voting public !
>
> It is NOT a fair point. It is nothing more than GREED !!!

I agree to the extent that the lawmakers don't understand the issue and tend
to rule with in favor of the lobbyist view. Don't worry, the Democrats will
sort it all out. :-)

01 Feb 2007 08:12:36
fearsomeforehand

wrote:
> "deuce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]
>
> > What happened? Why did they suspend your account?
>
> Tennis Australia and the USTA have been going after people who post clips
> from the AO and US Open. It usually results in accounts being suspended.

That sucks!!!

01 Feb 2007 09:35:17
Sasidharp

wrote:
> "deuce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]
>
> > What happened? Why did they suspend your account?
>
> Tennis Australia and the USTA have been going after people who post clips
> from the AO and US Open. It usually results in accounts being suspended.

I have an idea -- you can still use Youtube to upload clips but you
don't name them Federer.vs.Roddick.AO.SF etc.

Name it something crazy like FvRAOSF -- you can then post the name of
the clip on R.S.T.

That way USTA and TA can't track them down on youtube.

01 Feb 2007 17:42:12
1/137

On 2007-02-01, Erich <[email protected] > wrote:
> "Dave Hazelwood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 03:39:06 GMT, "Erich"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>"deuce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]
>>>
>>>Tennis Australia and the USTA have been going after people who post clips
>>>from the AO and US Open. It usually results in accounts being suspended.
>>>

>> a short clip is fair use.
>
> Most of my clips were in the 8-10 minute range, so that's probably a little
> more than "fair use", but I got PMs from posters who complained about having
> had 4-5 second clips removed, even just meaningless stuff like Federer or
> Safin hitting a single stroke in practice.
>

>> and its totally assinine ! they should welcome anything that promotes
>> the sport so that more people watch live and go to the matches.
>
> Yes, I was quite surprised how much interest there was in these clips.
> Several of my Federer clips ended up in the top 5 most viewed sports clips,
> the Agassi retirement and Serena vs Sharapova final ended up among the 20
> most viewed clips on ALL of YouTube, and the Serena clip was among the 10
> most discussed, even though it degraded into a bit of a Klan meeting at one
> point, and at one stage my "channel" was the 17th most watched. If the ATP
> had any sense, they would take advantage of YouTube themselves and use it to
> promote the sport the way many of the major TV networks are doing, but until
> they do, they should be ecstatic that others are bringing attention to a
> game that badly needs it.

As I've said in the past, they should hire you :-)

01 Feb 2007 18:10:31
Vari L. Cinicke

Sasidharp wrote:
> On Jan 31, 10:39 pm, "Erich" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>> "deuce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> news:[email protected]
>>
>>> What happened? Why did they suspend your account?
>> Tennis Australia and the USTA have been going after people who post clips
>> from the AO and US Open. It usually results in accounts being suspended.
>
> I have an idea -- you can still use Youtube to upload clips but you
> don't name them Federer.vs.Roddick.AO.SF etc.
>
> Name it something crazy like FvRAOSF -- you can then post the name of
> the clip on R.S.T.
>
> That way USTA and TA can't track them down on youtube.

Until they learn that this is good for them, they will track things down
and make asses of themselves.

Erich's highlights are among the most popular on youtube. (Cream rises
to the top and all that jazz. Take a bow, Erich.)

Federer's 100,000+ and counting official fans love Erichman's posts on
youtube. That alone would be enough to make it impossible for Erich's
posts to stay hidden. Add the extraordinary quality and attention to
detail that Erich brings and we just have to hope that the
powers-that-be have smart people shaking them even now and screaming
"you *#%$* idiots!".

Hope that is happening. :-)

--
Cheers,

vc

01 Feb 2007 13:36:28
ag
Re: Attention Erich: Your YouTube account is suspended currently...

How about we all send a signed petition to Tennis Australia telling them
that they and ESPN suck?

I am willing to start/sign this.

Erich, no matter what they say and do, you are the best in terms of tennis
highlights. Maybe these idiots will learn what we (the public) want.

Thanks for all that you have done, Erich.

AG

01 Feb 2007 10:52:17
wkhedr

On Feb 1, 12:35 pm, "Sasidharp" <[email protected] > wrote:
> On Jan 31, 10:39 pm, "Erich" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > "deuce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> >news:[email protected]
>
> > > What happened? Why did they suspend your account?
>
> > Tennis Australia and the USTA have been going after people who post clips
> > from the AO and US Open. It usually results in accounts being suspended.
>
> I have an idea -- you can still use Youtube to upload clips but you
> don't name them Federer.vs.Roddick.AO.SF etc.
>
> Name it something crazy like FvRAOSF -- you can then post the name of
> the clip on R.S.T.
>
> That way USTA and TA can't track them down on youtube.

There are many paid stupid employees that have nothing to do in life
except trying to justify their pay by showing the critical role they
play in fighting copyright violations, ...etc.

Not sure how a match highlight video clip impacts negatively any of
these organizations.

01 Feb 2007 11:36:32
Sasidharp

On Feb 1, 1:10 pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <[email protected] > wrote:
> Sasidharp wrote:
> > On Jan 31, 10:39 pm, "Erich" <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> >> "deuce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> >>news:11703004[email protected]

> >> Tennis Australia and the USTA have been going after people who post clips
> >> from the AO and US Open. It usually results in accounts being suspended.
>
> > I have an idea -- you can still use Youtube to upload clips but you
> > don't name them Federer.vs.Roddick.AO.SF etc.
>
> > Name it something crazy like FvRAOSF -- you can then post the name of
> > the clip on R.S.T.
>
> > That way USTA and TA can't track them down on youtube.
>
> Until they learn that this is good for them, they will track things down
> and make asses of themselves.
>
> Erich's highlights are among the most popular on youtube. (Cream rises
> to the top and all that jazz. Take a bow, Erich.)
>
> Federer's 100,000+ and counting official fans love Erichman's posts on
> youtube. That alone would be enough to make it impossible for Erich's
> posts to stay hidden. Add the extraordinary quality and attention to
> detail that Erich brings and we just have to hope that the
> powers-that-be have smart people shaking them even now and screaming
> "you *#%$* idiots!".
>
> Hope that is happening. :-)
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> vc

I don't believe they read r.s.t otherwise Erich would have gotten
multiple C&D's to his email. And, honestly, I don't see how they
could find out otherwise.

If Erich really wanted he could even make the video private and enable
r.s.t members to watch it. Anyway, I think it is unnecessary since he
puts them up for download anyway :)

01 Feb 2007 22:10:00
Erich
Re: Attention Erich: Your YouTube account is suspended currently...

"1/137" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On 2007-02-01, Erich <[email protected]> wrote:
>> "Dave Hazelwood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]

>>> a short clip is fair use.
>>
>> Most of my clips were in the 8-10 minute range, so that's probably a
>> little
>> more than "fair use", but I got PMs from posters who complained about
>> having
>> had 4-5 second clips removed, even just meaningless stuff like Federer or
>> Safin hitting a single stroke in practice.
>>

>>> and its totally assinine ! they should welcome anything that promotes
>>> the sport so that more people watch live and go to the matches.
>>
>> Yes, I was quite surprised how much interest there was in these clips.
>> Several of my Federer clips ended up in the top 5 most viewed sports
>> clips,
>> the Agassi retirement and Serena vs Sharapova final ended up among the 20
>> most viewed clips on ALL of YouTube, and the Serena clip was among the 10
>> most discussed, even though it degraded into a bit of a Klan meeting at
>> one
>> point, and at one stage my "channel" was the 17th most watched. If the
>> ATP
>> had any sense, they would take advantage of YouTube themselves and use it
>> promote the sport the way many of the major TV networks are doing, but
>> until
>> they do, they should be ecstatic that others are bringing attention to a
>> game that badly needs it.
>>

> As I've said in the past, they should hire you :-)

Thanks, but I would probably have to pass. Imagine the horror of being under
their corporate heel and having to do highlights for a Nalbandian vs Hewitt
match or something like that. There just isn't enough money in the world.
:-)

01 Feb 2007 22:10:14
Erich
Re: Attention Erich: Your YouTube account is suspended currently...

"Sasidharp" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Feb 1, 1:10 pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Sasidharp wrote:

>> > I have an idea -- you can still use Youtube to upload clips but you
>> > don't name them Federer.vs.Roddick.AO.SF etc.
>>
>> > Name it something crazy like FvRAOSF -- you can then post the name of
>> > the clip on R.S.T.
>>
>> > That way USTA and TA can't track them down on youtube.
>>
>> Until they learn that this is good for them, they will track things down
>> and make asses of themselves.
>>
>> Erich's highlights are among the most popular on youtube. (Cream rises
>> to the top and all that jazz. Take a bow, Erich.)
>>
>> Federer's 100,000+ and counting official fans love Erichman's posts on
>> youtube. That alone would be enough to make it impossible for Erich's
>> posts to stay hidden. Add the extraordinary quality and attention to
>> detail that Erich brings and we just have to hope that the
>> powers-that-be have smart people shaking them even now and screaming
>> "you *#%$* idiots!".
>>
>> Hope that is happening. :-)
>>
>> --
>> Cheers,
>>
>> vc
>
> I don't believe they read r.s.t otherwise Erich would have gotten
> multiple C&D's to his email.

I have to admit, I don't check [email protected] that
often :-)

> If Erich really wanted he could even make the video private and enable
> r.s.t members to watch it. Anyway, I think it is unnecessary since he
> puts them up for download anyway :)

To be honest, YouTube was just an experiment. A surprisingly successful one,
but I have no intention of playing the cat-and-mouse game and trying to
sneak back in. Like EW said, YouTube will soon be stripped of all fun
anyway, as the corporate overlords take the reins.

01 Feb 2007 14:14:18
Sasidharp
Re: Attention Erich: Your YouTube account is suspended currently...

On Feb 1, 5:10 pm, "Erich" <[email protected] >
wrote:
> "Sasidharp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]

> >> Until they learn that this is good for them, they will track things down
> >> and make asses of themselves.
>
> >> Erich's highlights are among the most popular on youtube. (Cream rises
> >> to the top and all that jazz. Take a bow, Erich.)
>
> >> Federer's 100,000+ and counting official fans love Erichman's posts on
> >> youtube. That alone would be enough to make it impossible for Erich's
> >> posts to stay hidden. Add the extraordinary quality and attention to
> >> detail that Erich brings and we just have to hope that the
> >> powers-that-be have smart people shaking them even now and screaming
> >> "you *#%$* idiots!".
>
> >> Hope that is happening. :-)
>
> >> --
> >> Cheers,
>
> >> vc
>
> > I don't believe they read r.s.t otherwise Erich would have gotten
> > multiple C&D's to his email.
>
> I have to admit, I don't check [email protected] that
> often :-)

lol.. I never actually checked your email address -- so that's why I
was getting the messages from the Mailer Daemon ;-)

> > If Erich really wanted he could even make the video private and enable
> > r.s.t members to watch it. Anyway, I think it is unnecessary since he
> > puts them up for download anyway :)
>
> To be honest, YouTube was just an experiment. A surprisingly successful one,
> but I have no intention of playing the cat-and-mouse game and trying to
> sneak back in. Like EW said, YouTube will soon be stripped of all fun
> anyway, as the corporate overlords take the reins.

Oh yes.. as long as yousendit/MegaUpload are fine :)

02 Feb 2007 16:53:12
Whisper

Erich wrote:

>> Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
>>
>> Somebody is pissing into the wind here !
>
> Not really. It's a fair point, but the real issue here is that people are
> doing what they should be doing themselves.

er, they'd like to charge a small fee at least....

02 Feb 2007 18:37:38
Whisper

Erich wrote:
> "1/137" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> On 2007-02-01, Erich <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> "Dave Hazelwood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]

>>> Most of my clips were in the 8-10 minute range, so that's probably a
>>> little
>>> more than "fair use", but I got PMs from posters who complained about
>>> having
>>> had 4-5 second clips removed, even just meaningless stuff like Federer or
>>> Safin hitting a single stroke in practice.

>>> Yes, I was quite surprised how much interest there was in these clips.
>>> Several of my Federer clips ended up in the top 5 most viewed sports
>>> clips,
>>> the Agassi retirement and Serena vs Sharapova final ended up among the 20
>>> most viewed clips on ALL of YouTube, and the Serena clip was among the 10
>>> most discussed, even though it degraded into a bit of a Klan meeting at
>>> one
>>> point, and at one stage my "channel" was the 17th most watched. If the
>>> ATP
>>> had any sense, they would take advantage of YouTube themselves and use it
>>> promote the sport the way many of the major TV networks are doing, but
>>> until
>>> they do, they should be ecstatic that others are bringing attention to a
>>> game that badly needs it.
>>>

>> As I've said in the past, they should hire you :-)
>
> Thanks, but I would probably have to pass. Imagine the horror of being under
> their corporate heel and having to do highlights for a Nalbandian vs Hewitt
> match or something like that. There just isn't enough money in the world.
> :-)

You got that right. I couldn't find 3 points worthy of highlight reel
from Wimb 2002 final.... worst Wimbledon in living memory.