25 Nov 2003 20:27:15
johns
and I sold my boots

Weird! Kid is about 10 years old and beyond talented.
For his age, he is probably one of the best hockey
skaters I have ever seen. Speed and edge work are
just unreal. I've been skating with him about 2 years
now, and he tries the jumps in his hockey skates.
Total disaster, but nothing stops him. He actually liked
my old Goldstars better than the newer ones. Said
they were too stiff. He has never broken in a Figure
Skate :-) He'll learn, so I'll just hang on to the newer
boots until he is ready. His sister is already a very
good little figure skater .. all jumps, spins, clean.
Maybe we have a "pairs" team some day. Now all
he needs is: rich parents, great coach, ice all year,
lots of free time, travel expenses, choreographer,
fruity costumes ( Coachy will dress him up in
"appropriate" attire ), skate Mom, off ice strength
coach, dance lessons, home schooling, Wheaties
Contract .....

johns

26 Nov 2003 12:46:08
Catherine Rees Lay
Re: and I sold my boots

In article <[email protected] >, johns <[email protected]>
writes
>Weird! Kid is about 10 years old and beyond talented.
>For his age, he is probably one of the best hockey
>skaters I have ever seen. Speed and edge work are
>just unreal. I've been skating with him about 2 years
>now, and he tries the jumps in his hockey skates.
>Total disaster, but nothing stops him. He actually liked
>my old Goldstars better than the newer ones. Said
>they were too stiff. He has never broken in a Figure
>Skate :-) He'll learn, so I'll just hang on to the newer
>boots until he is ready. His sister is already a very
>good little figure skater .. all jumps, spins, clean.
>Maybe we have a "pairs" team some day. Now all
>he needs is: rich parents, great coach, ice all year,
>lots of free time, travel expenses, choreographer,
>fruity costumes ( Coachy will dress him up in
>"appropriate" attire ), skate Mom, off ice strength
>coach, dance lessons, home schooling, Wheaties
>Contract .....
>
>johns

I just had this vision of a pairs team dressed as an apple and a
strawberry...

Thanks, brightened the day up no end!

Catherine.
--
Catherine Rees Lay
To email me, use my first name in front of the "at".

26 Nov 2003 18:18:25
Poodle Fan
Re: and I sold my boots

Johns,
You're great. Sometimes you get us all riled up, and we want to shred
your mail. This time you came up with a real charmer, and it makes it all
worthwile. Rick

news:[email protected]