27 Apr 2004 07:47:23
georgie
Ultima blades

Does anyone here skate with any Ultima blades? I read most posts about
wilson or MK's...
I'm just wondering about the comparitive quality.
Thanks, Sandi

27 Apr 2004 18:49:03
The Walsh Family
Re: Ultima blades

I do and I really like my blade, sorry I don't know the name but it is the
~$150 freestyle model. Advantages that made a big impact FOR ME, compared
to a coronation Ace are:
1) larger radius available (8.5') has helped my spin and glide tremendously
and helps my jumps grab somewhat better, made foot work a little more
difficult and harder to slop through.
2) mildly larger toepick, without being as ridiculous as the Phantoms, with
crosscut pick teeth grabs nicely without leaving a giant divot.
3) the general blade layout, like where the rocker starts, etc, is an exact
copy of the MK pro with the exception that it has standard height stanchions
(pro's are significantly shorter so you are closer to the ice and are
subject to the boot hitting the ice and sliding out on very deep edges for
people with wide feet)
4) better steel than the Aces that holds an edge longer for me.
Lyle

"georgie" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Does anyone here skate with any Ultima blades? I read most posts about
> wilson or MK's...
> I'm just wondering about the comparitive quality.
> Thanks, Sandi

27 Apr 2004 21:38:29
[email protected]
Re: Ultima blades

I have the Ultima dance blades (the Ultima Ascend, not the new ones with the
cut-outs).

I love them (I had MK dance before, for years). Much flatter so I feel much
more stable.

"georgie" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Does anyone here skate with any Ultima blades? I read most posts about
> wilson or MK's...
> I'm just wondering about the comparitive quality.
> Thanks, Sandi

29 Apr 2004 21:33:35
edancer71
Re: Ultima blades

Just an FYI. My Wilson Coronation Comet blades are 8.5' radius too.
I'm tall, and the fitter suggested the larger radius. It works. I just
can't imagine a 7' radius - maybe if I was only 4' something...

edancer71