27 Apr 2004 02:08:33
W Letendre
Delayed Departure...

...sad but typical case. Needed replacement IC for robot, PN
LM6132BIM. Purchasing agent misheard this as LM6132BIN, so, parts
received yesterday were 2.54 mm lead spacing instead of 1.27 mm lead
spacing. Couldn't get new ones delivered before this morning, 27 Apr
04. Had to call airline, push back departure for a day. One bonus: no
ecomonomy seats left on tomorrow's flight, so, had to change to Biz
class. I'll bear the sacrifice as best I can!

So, looking at evening ice for tonight. Have been skating while here
in UK, at Nottingham, Peterborough, and, one night, at Oxford. If I
can get replacement IC soldered in & working by early afternoon, think
I'll try to catch train via King's Cross down to Streatham rink. Even
if I miss seeing Annabel & Robert there, worth the trip down from
Cambridge to skate at such a pretty old rink, 'specialy since they're
planning to tear it down....

W Letendre

PS If I have a bit of luck, may be able to stop by Oxford rink on the
way to Heathrow tomorrow & still catch flight home. Have become a
glutton for ice; AOSS in its virulent form!

27 Apr 2004 09:26:39
Mike Jones
Re: Delayed Departure...

[email protected] (W Letendre) wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> So, looking at evening ice for tonight. Have been skating while here
> in UK, at Nottingham, Peterborough, and, one night, at Oxford. If I
> can get replacement IC soldered in & working by early afternoon, think
> I'll try to catch train via King's Cross down to Streatham rink. Even
> if I miss seeing Annabel & Robert there, worth the trip down from
> Cambridge to skate at such a pretty old rink, 'specialy since they're
> planning to tear it down....
>
> W Letendre
>
> PS If I have a bit of luck, may be able to stop by Oxford rink on the
> way to Heathrow tomorrow & still catch flight home. Have become a
> glutton for ice; AOSS in its virulent form!

If Annabel and Robert are not skating at Streatham tonight, the evening
session at Oxford is usually quite good, with two dance intervals at about
8:30 and 9:30 (figure skates only though ;-). If you skate tomorrow, most
of the weekday morning session during school term time are very quiet
(almost too quiet sometimes!).

Web site for Oxford is : <http://www.oxfordicerink.co.uk/color=#0000FF> >

Mike Jones

27 Apr 2004 20:26:21
Annabel Smyth
Re: Delayed Departure...

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 at 02:08:33, W Letendre <[email protected] >
wrote:

>So, looking at evening ice for tonight. Have been skating while here
>in UK, at Nottingham, Peterborough, and, one night, at Oxford. If I
>can get replacement IC soldered in & working by early afternoon, think
>I'll try to catch train via King's Cross down to Streatham rink. Even
>if I miss seeing Annabel & Robert there, worth the trip down from
>Cambridge to skate at such a pretty old rink, 'specialy since they're
>planning to tear it down....

Oh Bill, if only we'd known - we left at just past 7.00 pm!
--
Annabel Smyth mailto:[email protected]
Website updated 8 March 2004

27 Apr 2004 18:54:25
The Walsh Family
Re: Delayed Departure...

Good thing the boss doesn't see this, looks like accidentally on purpose to
me!
Lyle

news:[email protected]