19 Jul 2007 22:44:25
Will the Grand Prix Series be televised in the US?

and if so, by what network?

20 Jul 2007 09:59:54
Chris Hall
Re: Will the Grand Prix Series be televised in the US?

[email protected] wrote:
> and if so, by what network?

I beleive Skate America will be televised by NBC under the new USFSA
contract. ISU's contract is still with the Disney/ABC/ESPN group, but I
think this is their final year. ABC has shown a distinct lack of
enthusiasm for skating in recent years, so don't be surprised if things
eventually wind up on Lifetime, or at best the Deuce.

Re: Will the Grand Prix Series be televised in the US?

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 09:59:54 -0400, Chris Hall <[email protected] >
wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>> and if so, by what network?
>>

>I beleive Skate America will be televised by NBC under the new USFSA
>contract. ISU's contract is still with the Disney/ABC/ESPN group, but I
>think this is their final year. ABC has shown a distinct lack of
>enthusiasm for skating in recent years, so don't be surprised if things
>eventually wind up on Lifetime, or at best the Deuce.

Yes ABC seems to have lost interest. But I have to say that what ESPN
and ESPN2 offered this past season is much, much better than what NBC
is going to offer this season. It's pretty scary to think that the
best the USFSA could get was a few hours of coverage on two days and
"Oh and if you want to watch short programs, you'll have to pay for it
AND watch them on your computer." And I really don't care if the
coverage is live so I wish USFSA officials would stop making a big
deal over this aspect.

I'm interested in the rest of the Grand Prix besides Skate America
because I'm not looking forward to Skate America nor am I looking
forward to nationals. I still hope that some network will be the
saving grace and show the rest of the Grand Prix.

Thanks.

24 Jul 2007 14:45:20
Charles Newman
Re: Will the Grand Prix Series be televised in the US?

<[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 09:59:54 -0400, Chris Hall <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>[email protected] wrote:
>>> and if so, by what network?
>>>

>>I beleive Skate America will be televised by NBC under the new USFSA
>>contract. ISU's contract is still with the Disney/ABC/ESPN group, but I
>>think this is their final year. ABC has shown a distinct lack of
>>enthusiasm for skating in recent years, so don't be surprised if things
>>eventually wind up on Lifetime, or at best the Deuce.
>
> Yes ABC seems to have lost interest. But I have to say that what ESPN
> and ESPN2 offered this past season is much, much better than what NBC
> is going to offer this season. It's pretty scary to think that the
> best the USFSA could get was a few hours of coverage on two days and
> "Oh and if you want to watch short programs, you'll have to pay for it
> AND watch them on your computer." And I really don't care if the
> coverage is live so I wish USFSA officials would stop making a big
> deal over this aspect.
>
> I'm interested in the rest of the Grand Prix besides Skate America
> because I'm not looking forward to Skate America nor am I looking
> forward to nationals. I still hope that some network will be the
> saving grace and show the rest of the Grand Prix.
>
> Thanks.

Since you have broadband, you might want to see if you
can catch skate America on either Eurosport, CCTV, or
Guandong TV.All you need to do is download and install
a number of P2PTV programs, and then try and find out when
Skate America will be on. The best listing for online sports
is at http://www.myp2p.eu.They usually have a pretty good
listings (even though they are a little short right now because
they are using a backup server), and the listings will indicate
which P2P television program you need to have installed to
watch the particular sporting event you are interested in.

24 Jul 2007 20:37:53
Re: Will the Grand Prix Series be televised in the US?

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:45:20 -0700, "Charles Newman"
<[email protected] > wrote:

><[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>> On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 09:59:54 -0400, Chris Hall <[email protected]>
>> wrote:

>>>I beleive Skate America will be televised by NBC under the new USFSA
>>>contract. ISU's contract is still with the Disney/ABC/ESPN group, but I
>>>think this is their final year. ABC has shown a distinct lack of
>>>enthusiasm for skating in recent years, so don't be surprised if things
>>>eventually wind up on Lifetime, or at best the Deuce.
>>
>> Yes ABC seems to have lost interest. But I have to say that what ESPN
>> and ESPN2 offered this past season is much, much better than what NBC
>> is going to offer this season. It's pretty scary to think that the
>> best the USFSA could get was a few hours of coverage on two days and
>> "Oh and if you want to watch short programs, you'll have to pay for it
>> AND watch them on your computer." And I really don't care if the
>> coverage is live so I wish USFSA officials would stop making a big
>> deal over this aspect.
>>
>> I'm interested in the rest of the Grand Prix besides Skate America
>> because I'm not looking forward to Skate America nor am I looking
>> forward to nationals. I still hope that some network will be the
>> saving grace and show the rest of the Grand Prix.
>>
>> Thanks.
>

>Since you have broadband, you might want to see if you
>can catch skate America on either Eurosport, CCTV, or
>Guandong TV.All you need to do is download and install
>a number of P2PTV programs, and then try and find out when
>Skate America will be on. The best listing for online sports
>is at http://www.myp2p.eu.They usually have a pretty good
>listings (even though they are a little short right now because
>they are using a backup server), and the listings will indicate
>which P2P television program you need to have installed to
>watch the particular sporting event you are interested in.

Sounds like this might be a good idea. What is a P2P TV program? What
do I need on the end of the actual TV?
Anyone can chime in here to explain. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

24 Jul 2007 20:40:06

<[email protected] > wrote:

>Since you have broadband, you might want to see if you
>can catch skate America on either Eurosport, CCTV, or
>Guandong TV.All you need to do is download and install
>a number of P2PTV programs, and then try and find out when
>Skate America will be on. The best listing for online sports
>is at http://www.myp2p.eu.They usually have a pretty good
>listings (even though they are a little short right now because
>they are using a backup server), and the listings will indicate
>which P2P television program you need to have installed to
>watch the particular sporting event you are interested in.

Oh I see. We're talking about peer to peer thing. That's a good
altnernative but I really want to watch the skating on my television
set and not the computer.
Thanks anyway.

24 Jul 2007 18:29:06
Charles Newman
Re: Will the Grand Prix Series be televised in the US?

<[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:45:20 -0700, "Charles Newman"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Since you have broadband, you might want to see if you
>>can catch skate America on either Eurosport, CCTV, or
>>Guandong TV.All you need to do is download and install
>>a number of P2PTV programs, and then try and find out when
>>Skate America will be on. The best listing for online sports
>>is at http://www.myp2p.eu.They usually have a pretty good
>>listings (even though they are a little short right now because
>>they are using a backup server), and the listings will indicate
>>which P2P television program you need to have installed to
>>watch the particular sporting event you are interested in.
>
> Oh I see. We're talking about peer to peer thing. That's a good
> altnernative but I really want to watch the skating on my television
> set and not the computer.
> Thanks anyway.

Buy a video card that will let you output from your computer to your
TV. These usually cost around $300, but they have an output that
will let you plug the card into your TV set, and send the output
from your computer to your TV.

29 Jul 2007 21:33:09
Re: Will the Grand Prix Series be televised in the US?

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:29:06 -0700, "Charles Newman"
<[email protected] > wrote:

><[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>> On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:45:20 -0700, "Charles Newman"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>Since you have broadband, you might want to see if you
>>>can catch skate America on either Eurosport, CCTV, or
>>>Guandong TV.All you need to do is download and install
>>>a number of P2PTV programs, and then try and find out when
>>>Skate America will be on. The best listing for online sports
>>>is at http://www.myp2p.eu.They usually have a pretty good
>>>listings (even though they are a little short right now because
>>>they are using a backup server), and the listings will indicate
>>>which P2P television program you need to have installed to
>>>watch the particular sporting event you are interested in.
>>
>> Oh I see. We're talking about peer to peer thing. That's a good
>> altnernative but I really want to watch the skating on my television
>> set and not the computer.
>> Thanks anyway.
>
>Buy a video card that will let you output from your computer to your
>TV. These usually cost around $300, but they have an output that
>will let you plug the card into your TV set, and send the output
>from your computer to your TV.

Thanks!!!