30 Oct 2006 11:35:32
Chilly8
Portland Ice Skating Society is VERBOTEN in my aunts house

I found out that the Portland Ice Skating Sociiety web site is
VERBOTEN in one of the home of one of my aunts. She hsa one daughter
that is a sports nut, that that athletes "can do no wrong". While she
does not care much for the liberal political leanings of my web site,
she DOES agree with me that Tonya Hardinng is GUILTY AS HELL, in the
attach on Nancy nearly 13 years ago.
She often has arguemnts with one of her daughters over this, and
that all her grandchildren are VERBOTEN from viewing the Portland Ice
Skating Society website in her household.
And she is right. Tonya would NOT have plead guilty, if she did
not do it. You dont plead guilty to something you did not do. I am glad
to see that are some sensible people in my family who are smart enough
NOT to listen to all the rabid Tonyaphiles out there.

31 Oct 2006 12:43:12
Terry Hall
Re: Portland Ice Skating Society is VERBOTEN in my aunts house

"Chilly8" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> I found out that the Portland Ice Skating Sociiety web site is
> VERBOTEN in one of the home of one of my aunts. She hsa one daughter
> that is a sports nut, that that athletes "can do no wrong". While she
> does not care much for the liberal political leanings of my web site,
> she DOES agree with me that Tonya Hardinng is GUILTY AS HELL, in the
> attach on Nancy nearly 13 years ago.
> She often has arguemnts with one of her daughters over this, and
> that all her grandchildren are VERBOTEN from viewing the Portland Ice
> Skating Society website in her household.

Chuckie, I'd be more worried if our site WASN'T being banned somewhere. It
would be a sign that we'd gone soft and weren't being effective enough in our
pro-Tonya advocacy.

> And she is right. Tonya would NOT have plead guilty, if she did
> not do it. You dont plead guilty to something you did not do. I am glad
> to see that are some sensible people in my family who are smart enough
> NOT to listen to all the rabid Tonyaphiles out there.

Tonya only pleaded guilty to the coverup. She never pleaded guilty to
anything else. And lots of people plead guilty to things they didn't do.
Often it's simpler and cheaper to "cop a plea" to a lesser charge than go
through all the expense & hassle of defending yourself, with no guarantee
that you'll win even if you're right. That's the problem with the legal
system in the States; it's more interested in getting the paperwork out of
the way than finding out the truth about what really happened.

Terry Hall
Head of Special Duties Section
Portland Ice Skating Society - New Zealand's Tonya Harding fan club
http://www.geocities.com/portice
Celebrating 10 years of aggressive practice: 1996-2006

30 Oct 2006 20:43:57
Chilly8

Terry Hall wrote:
> "Chilly8" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >
> > I found out that the Portland Ice Skating Sociiety web site is
> > VERBOTEN in one of the home of one of my aunts. She hsa one daughter
> > that is a sports nut, that that athletes "can do no wrong". While she
> > does not care much for the liberal political leanings of my web site,
> > she DOES agree with me that Tonya Hardinng is GUILTY AS HELL, in the
> > attach on Nancy nearly 13 years ago.
> > She often has arguemnts with one of her daughters over this, and
> > that all her grandchildren are VERBOTEN from viewing the Portland Ice
> > Skating Society website in her household.
>
> Chuckie, I'd be more worried if our site WASN'T being banned somewhere. It
> would be a sign that we'd gone soft and weren't being effective enough in our
> pro-Tonya advocacy.
>

> > And she is right. Tonya would NOT have plead guilty, if she did
> > not do it. You dont plead guilty to something you did not do. I am glad
> > to see that are some sensible people in my family who are smart enough
> > NOT to listen to all the rabid Tonyaphiles out there.
>
> Tonya only pleaded guilty to the coverup. She never pleaded guilty to
> anything else. And lots of people plead guilty to things they didn't do.
> Often it's simpler and cheaper to "cop a plea" to a lesser charge than go
> through all the expense & hassle of defending yourself, with no guarantee
> that you'll win even if you're right. That's the problem with the legal
> system in the States; it's more interested in getting the paperwork out of
> the way than finding out the truth about what really happened.

Its also a matter of money. The rich can get off easy, if they get
anything at all. The rich high-paid celebrities, including Tonya, were
able to escape charges only on account of money.
Nicole Bobeck is an example of that. She was busted for a
breaking-and-entering incident in 1995, but had the charges, where she
could probably still be in prison if she had gotten the sentenced as
proscribed by law, dropped on a technicality. You have to consider that
Nicole is to skating what Anna Kournikova is to tennis. Nicole could
never skate all that great, but she could still pull in endorsements
based on being one of the sexist skaters alive at that time, much like
Anna Kournikova gets endorsements based on her sex appeal.
And I must agree. Nicole, was, and still is, the sexiest female
skater there ever WAS. I consider Nicole the sexiest skater that ever
lived.

31 Oct 2006 23:47:20
Chilly8

Jeanne Douglas wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Chilly8" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Terry Hall wrote:
> > > "Chilly8" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]

> > > Chuckie, I'd be more worried if our site WASN'T being banned somewhere. It
> > > would be a sign that we'd gone soft and weren't being effective enough in
> > > our
> > > pro-Tonya advocacy.

> > > Tonya only pleaded guilty to the coverup. She never pleaded guilty to
> > > anything else. And lots of people plead guilty to things they didn't do.
> > > Often it's simpler and cheaper to "cop a plea" to a lesser charge than go
> > > through all the expense & hassle of defending yourself, with no guarantee
> > > that you'll win even if you're right. That's the problem with the legal
> > > system in the States; it's more interested in getting the paperwork out of
> > > the way than finding out the truth about what really happened.
> >

> > Its also a matter of money. The rich can get off easy, if they get
> > anything at all. The rich high-paid celebrities, including Tonya, were
> > able to escape charges only on account of money.
>
> Now I KNOW you're in some weird alternate universe, if you think Tonya
> was rich.
>
> > Nicole Bobeck is an example of that. She was busted for a
> > breaking-and-entering incident in 1995, but had the charges, where she
> > could probably still be in prison if she had gotten the sentenced as
> > proscribed by law, dropped on a technicality. You have to consider that
> > Nicole is to skating what Anna Kournikova is to tennis. Nicole could
> > never skate all that great,
>
> She was a beautiful skater. She just never had the discipline to master
> her jumps.

Well, nobody knew how to handle her. She was one of those
hard-to-handle women. Skating's reputation as the "Sport Of Brats" is
well earned, and at least two skaters from the 1990s, Tonya Harding and
Nicole Bobeck, exemplify that quite well.
To this day, I say that a good hard spanking, delivered often,
might have helped Nicole. Nobody ever thought of doing so. If she had
been spanked often, she might have achieved a lot in figure skating.
Some people might think otherwise, but I believe in the saying that my
year 7 math teacher said, 'A good pat on the back, delivered hard
enough, low enough, and young enough, develops character". If she'd
had a husband like I would be, she would be sitting on a sore backside
quite often.

> > but she could still pull in endorsements
> > based on being one of the sexist skaters alive at that time, much like
> > Anna Kournikova gets endorsements based on her sex appeal.
>
> Nicole actually won things, which Anna never did.

Well, nothing more than a few regional compeittions. Nicole did win
North Americans back in 1995.

> > And I must agree. Nicole, was, and still is, the sexiest female
> > skater there ever WAS. I consider Nicole the sexiest skater that ever
> > lived.
>
> --
> JD
>
> "...if you think the 'Star Wars' prequels are a disease, then
> 'Serenity' is the cure."

01 Nov 2006 12:40:23
Tom Groom
Re: Portland Ice Skating Society is VERBOTEN in my aunts house

In article <[email protected] >,
"Chilly8" <[email protected] > wrote:

> If she'd
> had a husband like I would be, she would be sitting on a sore backside
> quite often.

Are you advocating domestic violence?

01 Nov 2006 14:24:35
Chilly8

Tom Groom wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Chilly8" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > If she'd
> > had a husband like I would be, she would be sitting on a sore backside
> > quite often.
>
> Are you advocating domestic violence?

No, there is a difference between abuse and discipline. The problem
today is that most men do not know how to be both a good disciplinarian
and a good lover. In the Australian Outback, where I am from, men know
how to be both.

01 Nov 2006 14:24:45
Chilly8

Tom Groom wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Chilly8" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > If she'd
> > had a husband like I would be, she would be sitting on a sore backside
> > quite often.
>
> Are you advocating domestic violence?

No, there is a difference between abuse and discipline. The problem
today is that most men do not know how to be both a good disciplinarian
and a good lover. In the Australian Outback, where I am from, men know
how to be both.

01 Nov 2006 14:24:46
Chilly8

Tom Groom wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Chilly8" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > If she'd
> > had a husband like I would be, she would be sitting on a sore backside
> > quite often.
>
> Are you advocating domestic violence?

No, there is a difference between abuse and discipline. The problem
today is that most men do not know how to be both a good disciplinarian
and a good lover. In the Australian Outback, where I am from, men know
how to be both.

02 Nov 2006 08:00:18
Jeanne Douglas
Re: Portland Ice Skating Society is VERBOTEN in my aunts house

In article
<[email protected] >,
Tom Groom <[email protected] > wrote:

> In article <116236724[email protected]>,
> "Chilly8" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > If she'd
> > had a husband like I would be, she would be sitting on a sore backside
> > quite often.
>
> Are you advocating domestic violence?

Yes, he is.

--
JD

"...if you think the 'Star Wars' prequels are a disease, then
'Serenity' is the cure."

03 Nov 2006 00:22:00
Terry Hall
Re: Portland Ice Skating Society is VERBOTEN in my aunts house

"Chilly8" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Tom Groom wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "Chilly8" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > If she'd
> > > had a husband like I would be, she would be sitting on a sore backside
> > > quite often.
> >
> > Are you advocating domestic violence?
>

> No, there is a difference between abuse and discipline. The problem
> today is that most men do not know how to be both a good disciplinarian
> and a good lover. In the Australian Outback, where I am from, men know
> how to be both.

It's a pity you aren't REALLY in the Australian outback - preferably some
remote place with no Internet and heaps of crocodiles. Crikey!