21 May 2007 01:29:15
New Skating Board starting to pick up users

X-No-Archive: Yes


My new message board that has some figure skating forums is
starting to get some users. That's right. The message boards for my
online radio station, which have some figure skating content, has
already began to attract a small number of users, as an advertising
blitz for the station, web site, and board start to bring more users
and listeners. I use Autohits, and for only US$9, I get my web site
displayed as an advertisement up to 50 thousand times, and that has
proven to be EFFECTIVE advertising.
It will be a while before the figure skating part of the board
becomes any serious challenge to more established sites, such as
Figure Skating Universe, but I think it will in time. For example, I
have the ONLY discussion boards up right now for discussing NEXT
season's Grand Prix Series, and the ONLY discussion board up right now
for the 2008 North American championships in Bloomington, Minnesota.
I also have political discussion boards that oppose the Religious
Right, but the figure skating and other sports boards will, I think,
become the main attraction on my board. And unlike other other skating
board, I will not have any "hidden" rules that would get people banned
from that board.
I have the ONLY board out there for "Tasmanian Tonya" Harding. The
forum is titled "Tasmanian Tonya", and I expect it to become a popular
Tonya discusion board in the future.


We have the following Admins on our board right now:

FritzOwl
Chilly8
JoeGunchey
JohnnyZoom
SpaceNerd
JimmyNeutron
SpeedRacer
RacerX
CrocDundee
CrocHunter
FireDemon
PetePuma
MidnightDemon
LiberalTalkHost
MrSpit

Among those moderating the board, will be a few that were banned
from Figure Skating Universe. MrSpit, LiberalTalkHost, as well as
myself, FritzOwl, are among a few FSU-banned people that will be
moderators/administrators on the new board. Note that only SOME of
those moderators/administrators are FSU-banned people, that will be
moderators on the new board. Others were moderators on the figure
skating chat room we used to run, prior to our decision to close it,
due to potential problems with the IMBRA law in America, being that
some skaters really DID meet their spouses through that chat room.
PetePuma, CrocDundee, CrocHunter, FireDemon, SpeedRacer, and RacerX
were commentators on the IRC chat room we used to run, related to
figure skating, and are now moderators on our message board.
In fact, the GoogleBot web crawler has been crawling my forums
quite often lately. I have seen the traffic show up in the logs. And
as far as the "Wily Coyotes" that like to chase me around the net, I
have placed IP bans and have banned the IP blocks of known ISPs and/or
companies where they post to Usenet from. So if you are on either
put.com, j51.com, fcc.net, tz-link.com, watcherhq.com, selonia.com, or
mag-net.com, you can FORGET about coming into my board, because your
ISP or company has been blocked, to keep the known "Wily Coyotes" from
being able to com in the trash the rooms. You can still visit the main
web site and listen to my online radio station, you are on any of
those sites, you just cannot visit my forums, thats all.



22 May 2007 00:54:02
Jeanne Douglas
Re: New Skating Board starting to pick up users

In article <[email protected] >,
[email protected] wrote:

> X-No-Archive: Yes
>
>
> My new message board that has some figure skating forums is
> starting to get some users.

You've neglected to tell us all where this message board is so that we
can all participate. Why else would you tell us about it if you didn't
want our participation?

--
JD

"...if you think the 'Star Wars' prequels are a disease, then
'Serenity' is the cure."


23 May 2007 20:31:06
Terry Hall
Re: New Skating Board starting to pick up users


<[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> My new message board that has some figure skating forums is
> starting to get some users. That's right. The message boards for my
> online radio station, which have some figure skating content, has
> already began to attract a small number of users, as an advertising
> blitz for the station, web site, and board start to bring more users
> and listeners. I use Autohits, and for only US$9, I get my web site
> displayed as an advertisement up to 50 thousand times, and that has
> proven to be EFFECTIVE advertising.
> It will be a while before the figure skating part of the board
> becomes any serious challenge to more established sites, such as
> Figure Skating Universe, but I think it will in time. For example, I
> have the ONLY discussion boards up right now for discussing NEXT
> season's Grand Prix Series, and the ONLY discussion board up right now
> for the 2008 North American championships in Bloomington, Minnesota.

That's because you're the only person who thinks that the North Americans
still exist.


> I have the ONLY board out there for "Tasmanian Tonya" Harding. The
> forum is titled "Tasmanian Tonya",

And that's because you're the only person who actually believes that she's
Tasmanian.


> and I expect it to become a popular Tonya discusion board in the
> future.

Not if we have anything to do with it.


> We have the following Admins on our board right now:
>
> FritzOwl
> Chilly8
> JoeGunchey
> JohnnyZoom
> SpaceNerd
> JimmyNeutron
> SpeedRacer
> RacerX
> CrocDundee
> CrocHunter
> FireDemon
> PetePuma
> MidnightDemon
> LiberalTalkHost
> MrSpit

Which are all basically other names for YOU, Chuckie.


> Among those moderating the board, will be a few that were banned
> from Figure Skating Universe. MrSpit, LiberalTalkHost, as well as
> myself, FritzOwl, are among a few FSU-banned people that will be
> moderators/administrators on the new board. Note that only SOME of
> those moderators/administrators are FSU-banned people, that will be
> moderators on the new board. Others were moderators on the figure
> skating chat room we used to run, prior to our decision to close it,
> due to potential problems with the IMBRA law in America, being that
> some skaters really DID meet their spouses through that chat room.
> PetePuma, CrocDundee, CrocHunter, FireDemon, SpeedRacer, and RacerX
> were commentators on the IRC chat room we used to run, related to
> figure skating, and are now moderators on our message board.
> In fact, the GoogleBot web crawler has been crawling my forums
> quite often lately. I have seen the traffic show up in the logs. And
> as far as the "Wily Coyotes" that like to chase me around the net, I
> have placed IP bans and have banned the IP blocks of known ISPs and/or
> companies where they post to Usenet from. So if you are on either
> put.com, j51.com, fcc.net, tz-link.com, watcherhq.com, selonia.com, or
> mag-net.com, you can FORGET about coming into my board, because your
> ISP or company has been blocked, to keep the known "Wily Coyotes" from
> being able to com in the trash the rooms. You can still visit the main
> web site and listen to my online radio station, you are on any of
> those sites, you just cannot visit my forums, thats all.

They couldn't come anyway, Chuckie. You haven't told us where this board is.



Terry Hall
Head of Special Duties Section
Portland Ice Skating Society - New Zealand's Tonya Harding fan club
http://www.geocities.com/portice




30 May 2007 03:27:05
Re: New Skating Board starting to pick up users

X-No-Archive: Yes


On May 22, 12:54 am, Jeanne Douglas <[email protected] > wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
>
> [email protected] wrote:
> > X-No-Archive: Yes
>
> > My new message board that has some figure skating forums is
> > starting to get some users.
>
> You've neglected to tell us all where this message board is so that we
> can all participate. Why else would you tell us about it if you didn't
> want our participation?


Well, I cannot do that right now, becuase of what one of the
admins I hired did. You see, as I said, some of the admins I hired to
run the board are, like myself, users that were banned from FSU, and
one of them apparently has a bigger axe to grind with FSU than I do.
Somehow, me managed to "purloin" a few of the "smilies" from FSU,
which, as I have discovered, can be done from virtually any board
running either vBulleton or phpBB, with virtually no chace of
detection. I tested it on my board, and it turns out you can right-
click any smilie and save it as a GIF file. Although vBulletin and
phpBB are entirely different programs, the way they operate are
virtually the same, becuase they use a scripting language known as
BBcode. The FSU smilies operate just the same on any board running
phpBB, complete with animation (if any)
This one FSU-banned user that I hired as an admin I hired
uploaded and inserted the smilies onto our board. I decided to let
SOME of them stay, becuase they fit in well on certain parts of the
board. The little "soapbox" icon fits right well into posts on the
political sections of my board (Its the little icon of a character
standing up on a soapbox and yelling, for FSUers and former FSUers
that are familiar with that icon). Also, in the PBP threads I
established for French Open Tennis, the :sekret: smilie is HUGELY
popular. For FSUers and former FSUers, its the little icon of a spy in
a trenchcoat. Those in the PBP threads I have for French Open Tennis
just LUUURRRVE that little icon, and it is in use in almost EVERY post
in PBP thread for French Open Tennis. And the little "EvilJudge" icon
is often used when final results of a match become official are are
posted. The EvilJudge and Sekret Icons fit very well into the PBP
threads I have for French Open Tennis, so I decided to allow their use
in those threads, which is why I MUST NOT post the address for my
board in either rssif or asf at this time, becuase their are some
FSUers (including some admins) who probably read this board, which
explains why one attempt of mine to sneak back into the board was
stopped within only a few hours (I made the mistake of using on alias
on here in re-registering with FSU, so that is evidence FSU admins DO
read this group). And this is WHY I must NOT post the address, right
now, relying, instead, on advertising purchased on Autohits.info.