08 Aug 2005 08:23:22
Shelly
Jamie Silverstein

Just saw some results from a Lake Placid dance event on the USFSA
website, and was surprised to see Jamie Silverstein (paired with Ryan
O'Meara) in the photo's section........any news on Jamie and this
pairing? So happy to see her back on the ice......she left so abruptly
a few years ago and was so so good!
Thanks.

08 Aug 2005 17:04:29
Fiona McQuarrie
Re: Jamie Silverstein

Shelly <[email protected] > wrote:
: Just saw some results from a Lake Placid dance event on the USFSA
: website, and was surprised to see Jamie Silverstein (paired with Ryan
: O'Meara) in the photo's section........any news on Jamie and this
: pairing? So happy to see her back on the ice......she left so abruptly
: a few years ago and was so so good!
: Thanks.

I believe she left abruptly because she had an eating disorder and needed
to get healthy again. If anyone knows otherwise, feel free to correct me,
but that was what I was told.

Fiona

08 Aug 2005 13:48:05
Darby L. Wiggins
Re: Jamie Silverstein

Fiona McQuarrie wrote:

> Shelly <[email protected]> wrote:
> : Just saw some results from a Lake Placid dance event on the USFSA
> : website, and was surprised to see Jamie Silverstein (paired with Ryan
> : O'Meara) in the photo's section........any news on Jamie and this
> : pairing? So happy to see her back on the ice......she left so abruptly
> : a few years ago and was so so good!
> : Thanks.
>
> I believe she left abruptly because she had an eating disorder and needed
> to get healthy again. If anyone knows otherwise, feel free to correct me,
> but that was what I was told.
>
> Fiona
What is the likelihood she would pair up again with Justin? Is he still
dancing with his girlfriend?

Darby

08 Aug 2005 13:50:02
Chris Hall
Re: Jamie Silverstein

Fiona McQuarrie wrote:

>Shelly <[email protected]> wrote:
>: Just saw some results from a Lake Placid dance event on the USFSA
>: website, and was surprised to see Jamie Silverstein (paired with Ryan
>: O'Meara) in the photo's section........any news on Jamie and this
>: pairing? So happy to see her back on the ice......she left so abruptly
>: a few years ago and was so so good!
>: Thanks.
>
>I believe she left abruptly because she had an eating disorder and needed
>to get healthy again. If anyone knows otherwise, feel free to correct me,
>but that was what I was told.
>
>Fiona

It was Justin Pekarek, right? Both of them have done a bit of coaching
in these parts. Seems like Jamie got Manon's old partner. Too bad they
split as they seemed to have been moving up (a long and tedious process
in the tiny world of dance, I'm afraid). I don't know for sure the story
of Silverstein's break-up, but I wouldn't contradict you.

Chris

08 Aug 2005 13:56:27
Chris Hall
Re: Jamie Silverstein

Darby L. Wiggins wrote:

> Fiona McQuarrie wrote:
>
>> Shelly <[email protected]> wrote:
>> : Just saw some results from a Lake Placid dance event on the USFSA
>> : website, and was surprised to see Jamie Silverstein (paired with Ryan
>> : O'Meara) in the photo's section........any news on Jamie and this
>> : pairing? So happy to see her back on the ice......she left so
>> abruptly
>> : a few years ago and was so so good! : Thanks.
>>
>> I believe she left abruptly because she had an eating disorder and
>> needed to get healthy again. If anyone knows otherwise, feel free to
>> correct me, but that was what I was told.
>>
>> Fiona
>
> What is the likelihood she would pair up again with Justin? Is he
> still dancing with his girlfriend?
>
> Darby

Here's the last bit of news I found on the USFS site:

http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=24546

They also did some theatre on ice:

http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=30274

Chris

08 Aug 2005 18:24:22
Jennifer Lyon
Re: Jamie Silverstein

Here's a site with some photos and reports. This is probably the same
one you already visited, but I'm sure other people will want to take a
look:
http://www.ice-dance.com/events-results/reports/lakeplacid05/

And yes, I am glad to hear that Jamie is back on the ice and that she
is doing well. I hope this partnership works out.

----------
In article <[email protected] >,
"Shelly" <[email protected] > wrote:

> Just saw some results from a Lake Placid dance event on the USFSA
> website, and was surprised to see Jamie Silverstein (paired with Ryan
> O'Meara) in the photo's section........any news on Jamie and this
> pairing? So happy to see her back on the ice......she left so abruptly
> a few years ago and was so so good!
> Thanks.

08 Aug 2005 14:06:22
Nikki
Re: Jamie Silverstein

Jennifer Lyon wrote:
> Here's a site with some photos and reports. This is probably the same
> one you already visited, but I'm sure other people will want to take a
> look:
> http://www.ice-dance.com/events-results/reports/lakeplacid05/
>
> And yes, I am glad to hear that Jamie is back on the ice and that she
> is doing well. I hope this partnership works out.
>
> ----------
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Shelly" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > Just saw some results from a Lake Placid dance event on the USFSA
> > website, and was surprised to see Jamie Silverstein (paired with Ryan
> > O'Meara) in the photo's section........any news on Jamie and this
> > pairing? So happy to see her back on the ice......she left so abruptly
> > a few years ago and was so so good!
> > Thanks.

I was at Lake Placid and Jamie not only danced well but seemed as happy
as I've ever seen. She just smiled and giggled her way through the
event. She & Ryan took a spill in practice & she came up laughing.
They screwed up the added-on ending of the Yankee Polka and she just
giggled. Igor also seemed thrilled to have her back. During one the
practices he moved back a little from the boards & just stood there
watching her and smiling.

08 Aug 2005 22:46:29
Jennifer Lyon
Re: Jamie Silverstein

In article <[email protected] >,
"Nikki" <[email protected] > wrote:

> I was at Lake Placid and Jamie not only danced well but seemed as happy
> as I've ever seen. She just smiled and giggled her way through the
> event. She & Ryan took a spill in practice & she came up laughing.
> They screwed up the added-on ending of the Yankee Polka and she just
> giggled. Igor also seemed thrilled to have her back. During one the
> practices he moved back a little from the boards & just stood there
> watching her and smiling.

Thanks for the eyewitness report. :-)

Here's an article:
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/azetc/articles/0807olyskating0807.html

08 Aug 2005 20:51:01
Sandra Loosemore
Re: Jamie Silverstein

"Darby L. Wiggins" <[email protected] > writes:

> What is the likelihood she would pair up again with Justin?

Absolutely zip, I'd say. I'd heard their breakup, and the things that
led up to it, were pretty stressful and unhappy for them both, and
they've both long since moved on with their lives. It's long since
time for fans to move on, too.

> Is he still dancing with his girlfriend?

Yes and no. They aren't competing any more, but they're still skating
together in the SC of Boston's Ice Theatre troupe.

-Sandra