31 Oct 2005 05:42:45
Richard Bridgman
Tipster's cap : which games do people want to include?

I would suggest the following:

5/11/2005 Wales v New Zealand
12/11/2005 England v Australia
12/11/2005 Ireland v New Zealand
19/11/2005 Wales v South Africa
19/11/2005 England v New Zealand
19/11/2005 Ireland v Australia
26/11/2005 Scotland v New Zealand
26/11/2005 Wales v Australia
26/11/2005 France v South Africa

But if people would like any of the other November fixtures added, vote
here. The remaining fixtures are:

5/11/2005 Japan v Spain
5/11/2005 Argentina v South Africa
12/11/2005 Italy v Tonga
12/11/2005 Scotland v Argentina
12/11/2005 Wales v Fiji
12/11/2005 France v Canada
19/11/2005 Scotland v Samoa
19/11/2005 Portugal v Fiji
19/11/2005 Italy v Argentina
19/11/2005 France v Tonga
26/11/2005 Italy v Fiji
26/11/2005 England v Samoa
26/11/2005 Ireland v Romania

Richard Bridgman

31 Oct 2005 15:02:32
Walter Mitty
Re: Tipster's cap : which games do people want to include?

I'd suggest keeping it to NZ's "Grandslam" tour. But then some Aussies
might have different agendas :)

31 Oct 2005 06:59:21
simon s-b

Richard Bridgman wrote:

> I would suggest the following:
>
> 5/11/2005 Wales v New Zealand
> 12/11/2005 England v Australia
> 12/11/2005 Ireland v New Zealand
> 19/11/2005 Wales v South Africa
> 19/11/2005 England v New Zealand
> 19/11/2005 Ireland v Australia
> 26/11/2005 Scotland v New Zealand
> 26/11/2005 Wales v Australia
> 26/11/2005 France v South Africa
>
> But if people would like any of the other November fixtures added, vote
> here. The remaining fixtures are:
>
> 5/11/2005 Japan v Spain
> 5/11/2005 Argentina v South Africa
> 12/11/2005 Italy v Tonga
> 12/11/2005 Scotland v Argentina
> 12/11/2005 Wales v Fiji
> 12/11/2005 France v Canada
> 19/11/2005 Scotland v Samoa
> 19/11/2005 Portugal v Fiji
> 19/11/2005 Italy v Argentina
> 19/11/2005 France v Tonga
> 26/11/2005 Italy v Fiji
> 26/11/2005 England v Samoa
> 26/11/2005 Ireland v Romania
>
> Richard Bridgman

Looks fine to me - although Argentina vs SA might be interesting.

31 Oct 2005 07:08:29
Richard Bridgman

simon s-b wrote:
> Richard Bridgman wrote:
>
> > I would suggest the following:
> >
> > 5/11/2005 Wales v New Zealand
> > 12/11/2005 England v Australia
> > 12/11/2005 Ireland v New Zealand
> > 19/11/2005 Wales v South Africa
> > 19/11/2005 England v New Zealand
> > 19/11/2005 Ireland v Australia
> > 26/11/2005 Scotland v New Zealand
> > 26/11/2005 Wales v Australia
> > 26/11/2005 France v South Africa
> >
> > But if people would like any of the other November fixtures added, vote
> > here. The remaining fixtures are:
> >
> > 5/11/2005 Japan v Spain
> > 5/11/2005 Argentina v South Africa
> > 12/11/2005 Italy v Tonga
> > 12/11/2005 Scotland v Argentina
> > 12/11/2005 Wales v Fiji
> > 12/11/2005 France v Canada
> > 19/11/2005 Scotland v Samoa
> > 19/11/2005 Portugal v Fiji
> > 19/11/2005 Italy v Argentina
> > 19/11/2005 France v Tonga
> > 26/11/2005 Italy v Fiji
> > 26/11/2005 England v Samoa
> > 26/11/2005 Ireland v Romania
> >
> > Richard Bridgman
>
> Looks fine to me - although Argentina vs SA might be interesting.

Yes, I agree. Actually it makes sense to add it, that way we include
all of SA's games.

Richard Bridgman

31 Oct 2005 17:29:03
didgerman

Richard Bridgman wrote:
> simon s-b wrote:
>> Richard Bridgman wrote:
>>
>>> I would suggest the following:
>>>
>>> 5/11/2005 Wales v New Zealand
>>> 12/11/2005 England v Australia
>>> 12/11/2005 Ireland v New Zealand
>>> 19/11/2005 Wales v South Africa
>>> 19/11/2005 England v New Zealand
>>> 19/11/2005 Ireland v Australia
>>> 26/11/2005 Scotland v New Zealand
>>> 26/11/2005 Wales v Australia
>>> 26/11/2005 France v South Africa
>>>
>>> But if people would like any of the other November fixtures added, vote
>>> here. The remaining fixtures are:
>>>
>>> 5/11/2005 Japan v Spain
>>> 5/11/2005 Argentina v South Africa
>>> 12/11/2005 Italy v Tonga
>>> 12/11/2005 Scotland v Argentina
>>> 12/11/2005 Wales v Fiji
>>> 12/11/2005 France v Canada
>>> 19/11/2005 Scotland v Samoa
>>> 19/11/2005 Portugal v Fiji
>>> 19/11/2005 Italy v Argentina
>>> 19/11/2005 France v Tonga
>>> 26/11/2005 Italy v Fiji
>>> 26/11/2005 England v Samoa
>>> 26/11/2005 Ireland v Romania
>>>
>>> Richard Bridgman
>> Looks fine to me - although Argentina vs SA might be interesting.
>
> Yes, I agree. Actually it makes sense to add it, that way we include
> all of SA's games.
>
> Richard Bridgman

Italy V Argentina should be close, as would Scotland V Samoa. Can't
really see the rest being in doubt tbh....

31 Oct 2005 19:33:55
Mike

Walter Mitty wrote:

> I'd suggest keeping it to NZ's "Grandslam" tour. But then some Aussies
> might have different agendas :)

Heaven forbid someone might think that the rugby world doesn't revolve
around NZ.

Mike

31 Oct 2005 12:14:28
mg

didgerman wrote:

> Italy V Argentina should be close, as would Scotland V Samoa. Can't
> really see the rest being in doubt tbh....

Don't know why you keep talking Scotloand up, they're the shittiest os
shit and they're going through a "re-building" phase. Samoa will smack
them.

31 Oct 2005 15:31:08
yojimbo
Re: Tipster's cap : which games do people want to include?

"mg" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> didgerman wrote:
>
>> Italy V Argentina should be close, as would Scotland V Samoa. Can't
>> really see the rest being in doubt tbh....
>
> Don't know why you keep talking Scotloand up, they're the shittiest os
> shit and they're going through a "re-building" phase. Samoa will smack
> them.

didge is right, both those games will be close, Scotland will be up for that
one, they'll believe they can win, and they even might (but I doubt it). All
the AB tests will be close, those are the tests the home unions are
targeting, but they'll be comparatively unprepared for the Boks and
Wallabies who will mop up and destroy their opponents, I see cricket scores
put up by them, 'tho France will compete and show the NH is not dead yet.
There you go.

31 Oct 2005 22:15:23
Pablo

On 31 Oct 2005 12:14:28 -0800, "mg" <[email protected] > wrote:

>didgerman wrote:
>
>> Italy V Argentina should be close, as would Scotland V Samoa. Can't
>> really see the rest being in doubt tbh....
>
>Don't know why you keep talking Scotloand up, they're the shittiest os
>shit and they're going through a "re-building" phase. Samoa will smack
>them.

Indeed, the only way now for us is up ;-) Roll on 6N and RWC 07 !!

Geoff Muldoon
Re: Tipster's cap : which games do people want to include?

[email protected] says...
> simon s-b wrote:
> > Richard Bridgman wrote:
> >

> > > But if people would like any of the other November fixtures added, vote
> > > here. The remaining fixtures are:
> > >
> > > 5/11/2005 Japan v Spain
> > > 5/11/2005 Argentina v South Africa
> > > 12/11/2005 Italy v Tonga
> > > 12/11/2005 Scotland v Argentina
> > > 12/11/2005 Wales v Fiji
> > > 12/11/2005 France v Canada
> > > 19/11/2005 Scotland v Samoa
> > > 19/11/2005 Portugal v Fiji
> > > 19/11/2005 Italy v Argentina
> > > 19/11/2005 France v Tonga
> > > 26/11/2005 Italy v Fiji
> > > 26/11/2005 England v Samoa
> > > 26/11/2005 Ireland v Romania
> > >
> > > Richard Bridgman
> >
> > Looks fine to me - although Argentina vs SA might be interesting.
>
> Yes, I agree. Actually it makes sense to add it, that way we include
> all of SA's games.

Why not all of Argentina's games? IMHO they are clear a candidate for a
"top-10" position (probably in front of both Italy and Scotland) and all
their November matches are against other top-10 3N/6N sides.

Geoff M

31 Oct 2005 16:31:22
JD

yojimbo wrote:
> "mg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >
> > didgerman wrote:
> >
> >> Italy V Argentina should be close, as would Scotland V Samoa. Can't
> >> really see the rest being in doubt tbh....
> >
> > Don't know why you keep talking Scotloand up, they're the shittiest os
> > shit and they're going through a "re-building" phase. Samoa will smack
> > them.
>
> didge is right, both those games will be close, Scotland will be up for that
> one, they'll believe they can win, and they even might (but I doubt it). All
> the AB tests will be close, those are the tests the home unions are
> targeting, but they'll be comparatively unprepared for the Boks and
> Wallabies who will mop up and destroy their opponents,

Depending on what team Eddie J picks - especially against France and
England. If he is loooking to develop depth- I pick them to lose. If he
is looking to end the horror run then they are too close to call.