26 Apr 2008 14:30:34
will_s
Setana Sports

Has the Best of 6 Nations on now but is it really worth subscribing for a
couple of minutes of footy?

26 Apr 2008 16:53:03
viper
Re: Setana Sports

"will_s" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Has the Best of 6 Nations on now but is it really worth subscribing for a
> couple of minutes of footy?

No.......subscribe what for ? It is a channel specifically designed for
lillywhite, lager sculling, freckle covered, obese, flatulent ex pats.

Viper

26 Apr 2008 09:31:20
didgerman
Re: Setana Sports

viper wrote:
> "will_s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Has the Best of 6 Nations on now but is it really worth subscribing for a
>> couple of minutes of footy?
>
> No.......subscribe what for ? It is a channel specifically designed for
> lillywhite, lager sculling, freckle covered, obese, flatulent ex pats.

Man, you're alienating yourself there....

> Viper

26 Apr 2008 17:44:11
Nigel Evans
Re: Setana Sports

"will_s" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Has the Best of 6 Nations on now but is it really worth subscribing for a
> couple of minutes of footy?

It depends on what sort of person one is. For my tenner a month I get live
French, Dutch, English and Scottish soccer. I get access to the Racing
Channel which used to be 20 itself. If I liked American sports, I get them
as well. Also rugby. It's a fantastic deal. I am, however, a person with
vast experience of most sports am able to appreciate them for their finer
points. Those who just want to watch their teams win will probably be better
off getting Nickolodeon.

26 Apr 2008 17:44:54
Nigel Evans
Re: Setana Sports

"viper" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "will_s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Has the Best of 6 Nations on now but is it really worth subscribing for a
>> couple of minutes of footy?
>
> No.......subscribe what for ? It is a channel specifically designed for
> lillywhite, lager sculling, freckle covered, obese, flatulent ex pats.
>
> Viper

Hello Mr Viper ! Where and when did we meet ?

26 Apr 2008 17:45:37
Nigel Evans
Re: Setana Sports

"didgerman" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> viper wrote:
>> "will_s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>> Has the Best of 6 Nations on now but is it really worth subscribing for
>>> a couple of minutes of footy?
>>
>> No.......subscribe what for ? It is a channel specifically designed for
>> lillywhite, lager sculling, freckle covered, obese, flatulent ex pats.
>
> Man, you're alienating yourself there....

It's his business if he wants to be an alien so leave him alone.

26 Apr 2008 19:30:20
Walter Mitty
Re: Setana Sports

"Nigel Evans" <[email protected] > writes:

> "viper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>
>> "will_s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>> Has the Best of 6 Nations on now but is it really worth subscribing for a
>>> couple of minutes of footy?
>>
>> No.......subscribe what for ? It is a channel specifically designed for
>> lillywhite, lager sculling, freckle covered, obese, flatulent ex pats.
>>
>> Viper
>
> Hello Mr Viper ! Where and when did we meet ?

It was rather good wasn't it? I know I looked in a mirror.

26 Apr 2008 18:47:18
Road_Hog
Re: Setana Sports

"viper" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "will_s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Has the Best of 6 Nations on now but is it really worth subscribing for a
>> couple of minutes of footy?
>
> No.......subscribe what for ? It is a channel specifically designed for
> lillywhite, lager sculling, freckle covered, obese, flatulent ex pats.
>
> Viper

I know, it is probably a bit expensive if you're on SH wages but mere pocket
change for this side of the equator.

27 Apr 2008 09:24:53
will_s
Re: Setana Sports

"Nigel Evans" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "will_s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Has the Best of 6 Nations on now but is it really worth subscribing for a
>> couple of minutes of footy?
>
> It depends on what sort of person one is. For my tenner a month I get live
> French, Dutch, English and Scottish soccer. I get access to the Racing
> Channel which used to be 20 itself. If I liked American sports, I get
> them as well. Also rugby. It's a fantastic deal. I am, however, a person
> with vast experience of most sports am able to appreciate them for their
> finer points. Those who just want to watch their teams win will probably
> be better off getting Nickolodeon.

talk about one flying over the top

I literally meant only a couple of minutes of footy

27 Apr 2008 20:25:37
Greig Blanchett
Re: Setana Sports

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 09:24:53 +1000, "will_s" <[email protected] >
wrote:

>"Nigel Evans" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>>
>> "will_s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>> Has the Best of 6 Nations on now but is it really worth subscribing for a
>>> couple of minutes of footy?
>>
>> It depends on what sort of person one is. For my tenner a month I get live
>> French, Dutch, English and Scottish soccer. I get access to the Racing
>> Channel which used to be 20 itself. If I liked American sports, I get
>> them as well. Also rugby. It's a fantastic deal. I am, however, a person
>> with vast experience of most sports am able to appreciate them for their
>> finer points. Those who just want to watch their teams win will probably
>> be better off getting Nickolodeon.
>>

>talk about one flying over the top
>

>I literally meant only a couple of minutes of footy

Then you certainly won't be impressed by the highlights package then -
blink and you'll miss it.

Mind, they could show 6N non stop back to back for a week and the
highlights package would still be done and dusted in the time it took
to have a slash.

--
greig

27 Apr 2008 19:09:29
viper
Re: Setana Sports

"Nigel Evans" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "viper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>
>> "will_s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>> Has the Best of 6 Nations on now but is it really worth subscribing for
>>> a couple of minutes of footy?
>>
>> No.......subscribe what for ? It is a channel specifically designed for
>> lillywhite, lager sculling, freckle covered, obese, flatulent ex pats.
>>
>> Viper
>
> Hello Mr Viper ! Where and when did we meet ?

1989, The Heights Hotel at Llanberis. It was a Friday night in August and
the boys from the lofty mountains of Snowdonia had come down to town looking
for a pint and a fight. You suggested that we talk Rugby in order to avoid a
bloodbath. I obliged, nominated Barry John as the greatest 10 who ever lived
and the boyos shouted us for the rest of the night. Thank you Nigel, in case
I had forgotten.

Viper

27 Apr 2008 19:19:06
viper
Re: Setana Sports

"Road_Hog" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "viper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>
>> "will_s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>> Has the Best of 6 Nations on now but is it really worth subscribing for
>>> a couple of minutes of footy?
>>
>> No.......subscribe what for ? It is a channel specifically designed for
>> lillywhite, lager sculling, freckle covered, obese, flatulent ex pats.
>>
>> Viper
>
> I know, it is probably a bit expensive if you're on SH wages but mere
> pocket change for this side of the equator.

Perhaps true RH and what with all the lifestyle advantages of the NH I can
well imagine that your happy to spend your hard earned on yet another
channel that broadcasts people playing games and excercising

Viper

27 Apr 2008 09:51:57
didgerman
Re: Setana Sports

Greig Blanchett wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 09:24:53 +1000, "will_s" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> "Nigel Evans" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>> "will_s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]
>>> It depends on what sort of person one is. For my tenner a month I get live
>>> French, Dutch, English and Scottish soccer. I get access to the Racing
>>> Channel which used to be 20 itself. If I liked American sports, I get
>>> them as well. Also rugby. It's a fantastic deal. I am, however, a person
>>> with vast experience of most sports am able to appreciate them for their
>>> finer points. Those who just want to watch their teams win will probably
>>> be better off getting Nickolodeon.
>>>
>> talk about one flying over the top
>>

>> I literally meant only a couple of minutes of footy
>
> Then you certainly won't be impressed by the highlights package then -
> blink and you'll miss it.
>
> Mind, they could show 6N non stop back to back for a week and the
> highlights package would still be done and dusted in the time it took
> to have a slash.

Only because you sit down to pee.

> --
> greig

28 Apr 2008 14:57:28
Simon S-B
Re: Setana Sports

"will_s" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Has the Best of 6 Nations on now but is it really worth subscribing for a
> couple of minutes of footy?

LOL! It's sad because it's true. It was a pretty dire tournament this year,
unless you're Welsh. I taped all the games I attended, and have not watched
one of them back.

28 Apr 2008 15:50:27
Nigel Evans
Re: Setana Sports

"Simon S-B" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "will_s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Has the Best of 6 Nations on now but is it really worth subscribing for a
>> couple of minutes of footy?
>
> LOL! It's sad because it's true. It was a pretty dire tournament this
> year, unless you're Welsh. I taped all the games I attended, and have not
> watched one of them back.

Well, just in case you've forgotten, Wales beat England at Twickenham and
Scotland beat England at Murrayfield, so don't bother watching them as they
will be painful for you. To be fair to England, it was raining rather a lot
at Murrayfield and this was not conducive to England's open style of play.
Wales beat England because Wales are good and England are hopeless. Wales
won just about everything. In order to relieve your suffering I would
suggest a trip to South Wales and to any Lidl store in particular. Due to
lack of demand there is a DVD and accompanying book on "England's 100
Greatest Tries" priced at only 15p. You get a free orange at the checkout if
you wear an English rugby shirt.

28 Apr 2008 08:12:15
Uncle Dave
Re: Setana Sports

On Apr 28, 4:50 pm, "Nigel Evans" <[email protected] > wrote:
> "Simon S-B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]
>

> > "will_s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]
> >> Has the Best of 6 Nations on now but is it really worth subscribing for a
> >> couple of minutes of footy?
>
> > LOL! It's sad because it's true. It was a pretty dire tournament this
> > year, unless you're Welsh. I taped all the games I attended, and have not
> > watched one of them back.
>
> Well, just in case you've forgotten, Wales beat England at Twickenham and
> Scotland beat England at Murrayfield, so don't bother watching them as they
> will be painful for you. To be fair to England, it was raining rather a lot
> at Murrayfield and this was not conducive to England's open style of play.
> Wales beat England because Wales are good and England are hopeless. Wales
> won just about everything. In order to relieve your suffering I would
> suggest a trip to South Wales and to any Lidl store in particular. Due to
> lack of demand there is a DVD and accompanying book on "England's 100
> Greatest Tries" priced at only 15p. You get a free orange at the checkout if
> you wear an English rugby shirt.

I'm beginning to regret being cursed with the English sense of fair
play and not repeatedly putting the boot into the Welsh during the
many long years they were entirely crap and would have bitten your
hand off to come 2nd in the 5/6N. But I didn't. But I will. Next
year if all goes as it usually does...

UD

28 Apr 2008 17:19:39
Nigel Evans
Re: Setana Sports

"Uncle Dave" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]m...

> I'm beginning to regret being cursed with the English sense of fair
> play and not repeatedly putting the boot into the Welsh during the
> many long years they were entirely crap and would have bitten your
> hand off to come 2nd in the 5/6N. But I didn't. But I will. Next
> year if all goes as it usually does...
>
> UD

You are confusing your "English sense of fair play" with the "stiff upper
lip" which is the consequence of repeated failure. The aforementioned "lip"
is, indeed, a very honourable quality. It is what separates English rugby
supporters from All Black supporters and , as a consequence, places the
former above the latter in terms of sportsmanship.
I am unable to categorise the level of sportsmanship of the average Welshman
due to my upbringing.
The natural order of things has been restored and you will have to come to
terms with this. All you have to do is to remember the "lip". It will help
you through defeat after defeat in the years to come.

29 Apr 2008 15:48:01
Kees Echo
Re: Setana Sports

"Uncle Dave" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]m...

> I'm beginning to regret being cursed with the English sense of fair
> play and not repeatedly putting the boot into the Welsh during the
> many long years they were entirely crap and would have bitten your
> hand off to come 2nd in the 5/6N. But I didn't. But I will. Next
> year if all goes as it usually does...

You'll be in a straitjacket by then, wearing a dog collar with 'Owner:
N.Evans' on it.

Kees

29 Apr 2008 07:10:34
didgerman
Re: Setana Sports

Nigel Evans wrote:
> "Simon S-B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> "will_s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>> Has the Best of 6 Nations on now but is it really worth subscribing for a
>>> couple of minutes of footy?
>> LOL! It's sad because it's true. It was a pretty dire tournament this
>> year, unless you're Welsh. I taped all the games I attended, and have not
>> watched one of them back.
>
> Well, just in case you've forgotten, Wales beat England at Twickenham and
> Scotland beat England at Murrayfield, so don't bother watching them as they
> will be painful for you. To be fair to England, it was raining rather a lot
> at Murrayfield

Actually it wasn't. The odd squall blew over, but there were long
periods of sun.
It was as chilly as a Welsh pub mind.....