28 Aug 2004 14:55:04
Brad Anton
Hehe! (Spoiler)

Great news from afar.


http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sports/sportsstorydisplay.cfm?storyID=3587693&thes
ection=sport&thesubsection=rugby&thesecondsubsection=provincial

Waikato beat Auckland

28.08.2004
4.30pm
Waikato beat Auckland 59-11 in an NPC first division rugby match at Waikato
Stadium in Hamilton today.

Waikato 59 (Sitiveni Sivivatu 5, David Briggs, Liam Messam, Steve Bates
tries; David Hill 3 pen, 5 con)

Auckland 11 (Brent Ward try; Ward 2 pen).

Halftime: 21-6.

Brad





28 Aug 2004 15:19:46
Matua
Re: Hehe! (Spoiler)


"Brad Anton" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Great news from afar.
>
>
>
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sports/sportsstorydisplay.cfm?storyID=3587693&thes
> ection=sport&thesubsection=rugby&thesecondsubsection=provincial
>
> Waikato beat Auckland
>
> 28.08.2004
> 4.30pm
> Waikato beat Auckland 59-11 in an NPC first division rugby match at
Waikato
> Stadium in Hamilton today.
>
> Waikato 59 (Sitiveni Sivivatu 5, David Briggs, Liam Messam, Steve Bates
> tries; David Hill 3 pen, 5 con)
>
> Auckland 11 (Brent Ward try; Ward 2 pen).
>
> Halftime: 21-6.
>
> Brad
>
I've been watching Liam Messam for a while now. Can you tell me if he played
well, as he looks like a player of the future, to me.
Cheers Matua.




29 Aug 2004 11:14:23
Paul Kendall
Re: Hehe! (Spoiler)

In article "Matua" <[email protected] Bro.com,au > wrote:

> I've been watching Liam Messam for a while now. Can you tell me if he played
> well, as he looks like a player of the future, to me.

He had easily his best game for Waikato this season, in a loose forward
trio that completely outplayed their higher-rated Auckland opponents.
The criticism of Messam is that he can be too loose (the sevens
influence) but he played his part in a very good performance by the
Waikato pack. Still, he's only 20 so his potential is huge. It was
very noticeable at the ground of the workrate of Bates and Couch had a
very good game too and kept Lauaki very quiet.

--
Paul


29 Aug 2004 09:45:39
Brad Anton
Re: Hehe! (Spoiler)


"Matua" <[email protected] Bro.com,au > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> >
> I've been watching Liam Messam for a while now. Can you tell me if he
played
> well, as he looks like a player of the future, to me.
> Cheers Matua.
>
>

No idea sorry mate. The people here in NQld hardly even know rugby union
exists so all my rugby info comes from about 15 mins a day reading internet
news articles.
Brad




29 Aug 2004 12:47:52
Matua
Re: Hehe! (Spoiler)


"Brad Anton" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> "Matua" <[email protected] Bro.com,au> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >
> > >
> > I've been watching Liam Messam for a while now. Can you tell me if he
> played
> > well, as he looks like a player of the future, to me.
> > Cheers Matua.
> >
> >
>
> No idea sorry mate. The people here in NQld hardly even know rugby union
> exists so all my rugby info comes from about 15 mins a day reading
internet
> news articles.
> Brad
>
>
OK Thank's anyway.
Cheers Matua.




29 Aug 2004 12:49:36
Matua
Re: Hehe! (Spoiler)


"Paul Kendall" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article "Matua" <[email protected] Bro.com,au> wrote:
>
> > I've been watching Liam Messam for a while now. Can you tell me if he
played
> > well, as he looks like a player of the future, to me.
>
> He had easily his best game for Waikato this season, in a loose forward
> trio that completely outplayed their higher-rated Auckland opponents.
> The criticism of Messam is that he can be too loose (the sevens
> influence) but he played his part in a very good performance by the
> Waikato pack. Still, he's only 20 so his potential is huge. It was
> very noticeable at the ground of the workrate of Bates and Couch had a
> very good game too and kept Lauaki very quiet.
>
> --
> Paul
Cheer's thanks for that Paul.
Matua.