31 Aug 2006 16:52:33
Greig Blanchett
Good brief overview of SA coaching probs over last several years

A bit of background to what Jake White is now facing:

http://tinyurl.com/rvg3u

Well worth a perusal. An no Chucky, that doesn't mean wash it in
detergent.

--
greig

01 Sep 2006 10:27:40
Will_S
Re: Good brief overview of SA coaching probs over last several years

"Greig Blanchett" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>A bit of background to what Jake White is now facing:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/rvg3u
>
> Well worth a perusal. An no Chucky, that doesn't mean wash it in
> detergent.
>
> --
> greig

Lost in calculation

Bad Boys also recalls some bizarre rugby types and infamous incidents. The
late George Pippos gets a mention. Pippos was a loud, often uncouth
character, who for a time was "Lord High Executioner on the ARU Board -
organising the vote against those whose use-by date had passed". Masters
recalls a visit Pippos made to apartheid South Africa, when he asked
President de Klerk, "How many white fellas?" Told the republic's white
population was around four million, he asked, "How many black fellas?" Told
it was around 28 million, Pippos responded: "Jeez, you're f-----." John
Connolly, who was there, yesterday confirmed to R&M that story is 100 per
cent correct.

Now thats a comment that would suit Jake

01 Sep 2006 12:40:43
oob

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:52:33 -0700, Greig Blanchett wrote:

> A bit of background to what Jake White is now facing:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/rvg3u
>
> Well worth a perusal. An no Chucky, that doesn't mean wash it in
> detergent.

HAHA!

01 Sep 2006 10:00:29
Ferdi Greyling
Re: Good brief overview of SA coaching probs over last several years

On 31 Aug 2006 16:52:33 -0700, "Greig Blanchett" <[email protected] >
wrote:

<< >A bit of background to what Jake White is now facing:

>http://tinyurl.com/rvg3u
>
>Well worth a perusal. An no Chucky, that doesn't mean wash it in
>detergent.>>

Nice artickle except for two omissions:

1. Carel du Plessis's last game with the Boks was a 60 point win over
Austraila.
2. Mallets's 17 wind came to and end quite some time before he was
fired. He was in fact fired for the last part of his tenure which was
a sorry series of losses.

01 Sep 2006 20:18:52
Greig Blanchett
Re: Good brief overview of SA coaching probs over last several years

On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 10:00:29 +0200, Ferdi Greyling <[email protected] >
wrote:

>On 31 Aug 2006 16:52:33 -0700, "Greig Blanchett" <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>
><<>A bit of background to what Jake White is now facing:
>>
>>http://tinyurl.com/rvg3u
>>
>>Well worth a perusal. An no Chucky, that doesn't mean wash it in
>>detergent.>>
>
>Nice artickle except for two omissions:
>
>1. Carel du Plessis's last game with the Boks was a 60 point win over
>Austraila.
>2. Mallets's 17 wind came to and end quite some time before he was
>fired. He was in fact fired for the last part of his tenure which was
>a sorry series of losses.

The thing that got me was the amount of skullduggery going on, not to
mention tales of high handed autocratic decision making and general
ethical malfeasance. The top job in SA rugby truly is a poisoned
chalice.

--
greig

01 Sep 2006 09:05:02
Mike

Greig Blanchett wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 10:00:29 +0200, Ferdi Greyling <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> On 31 Aug 2006 16:52:33 -0700, "Greig Blanchett" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> <<>A bit of background to what Jake White is now facing:
>>> http://tinyurl.com/rvg3u
>>>
>>> Well worth a perusal. An no Chucky, that doesn't mean wash it in
>>> detergent.>>
>> Nice artickle except for two omissions:
>>
>> 1. Carel du Plessis's last game with the Boks was a 60 point win over
>> Austraila.
>> 2. Mallets's 17 wind came to and end quite some time before he was
>> fired. He was in fact fired for the last part of his tenure which was
>> a sorry series of losses.
>
> The thing that got me was the amount of skullduggery going on, not to
> mention tales of high handed autocratic decision making and general
> ethical malfeasance. The top job in SA rugby truly is a poisoned
> chalice.
>
> --
> greig

A but it's not the top job is it!

Anyone willing to take jake white's job is an idiot and shouldn't be
crossed off the shortlist. They should offer the job to several top
coaches and kidnap the family of the best candidate who refuses the job.
Either SA win the next tri nations or the wife and kids get dressed in
foam rubber doghnut suits and fed to le Roux.

Mike

01 Sep 2006 12:01:01
Ferdi Greyling
Re: Good brief overview of SA coaching probs over last several years

On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 20:18:52 +1200, Greig Blanchett
<[email protected] > wrote:

<< >The thing that got me was the amount of skullduggery going on, not
>mention tales of high handed autocratic decision making and general
>ethical malfeasance. The top job in SA rugby truly is a poisoned
>chalice.>>

It sits on a complex set of things. SA is a country of enough
ethnicities to almost guarantee conflicting interests when it comes to
express nationality.

Add to that political fluidity, the perception among groups that they
are being nailed for political reasons, affirmative action, quota's,
politicians that says one thing and mean another, a govt that is
always threatening the rugby union on this or that - mainly on team
choices etc.

... and you have skullduggery at the top.