29 Jul 2003 21:13:39
Nik
Didgerman....if you stick around after the WC then...

maybe I'll respect you but for now your logic and knowledge of the
Southern Hemisphere game leaves something to be desired.

Nik

29 Jul 2003 05:58:44
David Covey
Re: Didgerman....if you stick around after the WC then...

Nik <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> maybe I'll respect you but for now your logic and knowledge of the
> Southern Hemisphere game leaves something to be desired.

The old NH-SH thing is one of rugby's biggest barriers to
becoming a world sport IMNSHO. I am trying to improve my own
knowledge of the "after you... no no after you" basketball version of
rugby by enduring, sorry, watching, the 3N. It's hard work though I
can tell you.

The main difference between the hemispheres used to be that the
SH took it seriously and the NH didn't. Seems to be going in the
other direction now. How long before we see an NZ fan posting "it's
only a game" here? Early November is my guess ;-)

Cheers

UD

30 Jul 2003 06:19:17
imanutta
Re: Didgerman....if you stick around after the WC then...

"didgerman" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "David Covey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Nik <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > > maybe I'll respect you but for now your logic and knowledge of the
> > > Southern Hemisphere game leaves something to be desired.
> >
> > The old NH-SH thing is one of rugby's biggest barriers to
> > becoming a world sport IMNSHO. I am trying to improve my own
> > knowledge of the "after you... no no after you" basketball version of
> > rugby by enduring, sorry, watching, the 3N. It's hard work though I
> > can tell you.
> >
> > The main difference between the hemispheres used to be that the
> > SH took it seriously and the NH didn't. Seems to be going in the
> > other direction now. How long before we see an NZ fan posting "it's
> > only a game" here? Early November is my guess ;-)
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > UD
>
> Why would I not stick around? I've always been here, but it was really not
> worth posting much. It seems to be that way again now. If anyone points
out
> that soft wins over shite teams does not make you favourites they are
> laughed at.
> Lot of NZ fan boys mouthing off at the moment, but they'll soon shut up
> again.
> Why would I need any knowledge of the SH game? I really don't care, the go
> to Twickers, lose, and bugger off, yeah, I'll learn all about
it.........:/

All i can say is howmany World cups have the Northern hemisphere lay abouts
taken....ZIP...LOL...and that will continue as they dont have the fortitude
in there bellys.
Ima.

29 Jul 2003 14:53:21
Bulldog
Re: Didgerman....if you stick around after the WC then...

How long before we see an NZ fan posting "it's
> only a game" here? Early November is my guess ;-)
>
> Cheers
>
> UD

Chuckle ! The thing I'm looking forward to is New Zealand winning a
significant RWC match by committing a professional cynical foul. Given
all the richeous indignation on here there will be serious
backtracking going on. Boydie will be on here in full justification
mode.

30 Jul 2003 08:00:43
didgerman
Re: Didgerman....if you stick around after the WC then...

"Uncle Bully" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> > Lot of NZ fan boys mouthing off at the moment, but they'll soon shut up
> > again.
> > Why would I need any knowledge of the SH game? I really don't care, the
go
> > to Twickers, lose, and bugger off, yeah, I'll learn all about
> it.........:/
> >

> Sounds like someone who's ready to lose some money. Care to put some money
> where your mouth is?

As England have proved, NZ just are not there yet. Forget SA and OZ, they
were a walk in the park for any of 4-5 other teams.
I'll be betting on England winning, just as soon as the odds come good.
Those bookies are so easily impressed.....
Think I'll stick a bet on just before the first French game.

30 Jul 2003 20:56:09
Nik
Re: Didgerman....if you stick around after the WC then...

On 29 Jul 2003 05:58:44 -0700, [email protected] (David Covey)
wrote:

>Nik <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> maybe I'll respect you but for now your logic and knowledge of the
>> Southern Hemisphere game leaves something to be desired.
>
> The old NH-SH thing is one of rugby's biggest barriers to
>becoming a world sport IMNSHO. I am trying to improve my own
>knowledge of the "after you... no no after you" basketball version of
>rugby by enduring, sorry, watching, the 3N. It's hard work though I
>can tell you.
>
> The main difference between the hemispheres used to be that the
>SH took it seriously and the NH didn't. Seems to be going in the
>other direction now. How long before we see an NZ fan posting "it's
>only a game" here? Early November is my guess ;-)

The same offer goes to you UD.

Nik

30 Jul 2003 20:56:42
Nik
Re: Didgerman....if you stick around after the WC then...

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:13:12 +0100, "didgerman"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>"David Covey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>> Nik <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> > maybe I'll respect you but for now your logic and knowledge of the
>> > Southern Hemisphere game leaves something to be desired.
>>
>> The old NH-SH thing is one of rugby's biggest barriers to
>> becoming a world sport IMNSHO. I am trying to improve my own
>> knowledge of the "after you... no no after you" basketball version of
>> rugby by enduring, sorry, watching, the 3N. It's hard work though I
>> can tell you.
>>
>> The main difference between the hemispheres used to be that the
>> SH took it seriously and the NH didn't. Seems to be going in the
>> other direction now. How long before we see an NZ fan posting "it's
>> only a game" here? Early November is my guess ;-)
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> UD
>
>Why would I not stick around? I've always been here, but it was really not
>worth posting much. It seems to be that way again now. If anyone points out
>that soft wins over shite teams does not make you favourites they are
>laughed at.
>Lot of NZ fan boys mouthing off at the moment, but they'll soon shut up
>again.

I doubt it.

>Why would I need any knowledge of the SH game? I really don't care, the go
>to Twickers, lose, and bugger off, yeah, I'll learn all about it.........:/

Roll on World Cup...

Nik

30 Jul 2003 20:57:49
Nik
Re: Didgerman....if you stick around after the WC then...

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 15:29:35 +1000, "Uncle Bully"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>> Lot of NZ fan boys mouthing off at the moment, but they'll soon shut up
>> again.
>> Why would I need any knowledge of the SH game? I really don't care, the go
>> to Twickers, lose, and bugger off, yeah, I'll learn all about
>it.........:/
>>

>Sounds like someone who's ready to lose some money. Care to put some money
>where your mouth is?

I already have....with the New Zealand TAB.

I don't bet with individuals anymore...too many have failed to pay me
their bets.......pricks.

Nik

31 Jul 2003 12:23:55
rick boyd
Re: Didgerman....if you stick around after the WC then...

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:57:49 +1200, Nik <[email protected] >
wrote:

>I don't bet with individuals anymore...too many have failed to pay me
>their bets.......pricks.

Perhaps, what with your internationally renowned sense of humour and
all, they thought you were just joking.

What sign are you taking to the world cup, Nick?

-- rick boyd

31 Jul 2003 09:41:58
Bulldog
Re: Didgerman....if you stick around after the WC then...

> No, you don't understand at all. I have never had a moral position on
> professional fouls. The professional athlete bends the rules as far as
> he can, to give himself an advantage.

OK I'm still not sure I understnad..you definately found England's
cheating to be an issue a while back.

> The only problem I have is naive pommy fans denying that England used
> them, and in fact were very good at them, much better than the All
> Blacks it must be said -- and accusing Kiwis of whingeing when this
> was pointed out.

They are certainly naive I agree.

> Exactly the same with French violence. My problem has never been with
> the perpetrators. My problems is with referees who can't see it, fans
> who deny it happens, and the All Blacks who take it but don't dish it
> out.
>
> Quite simple.
>
> -- rick boyd

Well some might say it's fun to see the boot on the other foot. almost
wrote head there.

31 Jul 2003 19:11:26
Bulldog
Re: Didgerman....if you stick around after the WC then...

> Of curse it was an issue. It was a factor in the game. You attach
> negative connotations to it, perhaps understandably, when none were
> implied by me. It was one reason why they won, that's all.
>
> The cheating bastards.
>
> Oops.
>
> -- rick boyd

Well I'm sure the Australian media will put England under the
microscope continually...I eagerly await the objective Growden/Zavos
opinions...they will be fair. As will Roy Masters. And Fitzsimmons.
Fuck it's going to be a laugh !

01 Aug 2003 07:00:17
David Covey
Re: Didgerman....if you stick around after the WC then...

Nik <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> The same offer goes to you UD.

What offer's that then?

UD

01 Aug 2003 12:11:27
Bulldog
Re: Didgerman....if you stick around after the WC then...

Free beer ?

01 Aug 2003 22:12:21
David Covey
Re: Didgerman....if you stick around after the WC then...

Bulldog <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Free beer ?

Ferget it.

UD