30 Oct 2006 21:21:58
Uncle Bully
Big Month Part 2 (OT)

Just noticed that in October, the US death count in Iraq surpassed the US
deaths from the WTC.
George W Bush is now responsible for the deaths of more Americans than Osama
Bin Laden. Oh the irony.
And to boot, George is doing a worse job to Iraqi civilians than Saddam
Hussein ever could. Is it humanly possible to do a worse job? At this rate
he'll be drafted to the head coach spot of the RFU for the RWC2011 campaign.

30 Oct 2006 10:37:38
didgerman
Re: Big Month Part 2 (OT)

Uncle Bully wrote:
> Just noticed that in October, the US death count in Iraq surpassed the US
> deaths from the WTC.
> George W Bush is now responsible for the deaths of more Americans than Osama
> Bin Laden. Oh the irony.
> And to boot, George is doing a worse job to Iraqi civilians than Saddam
> Hussein ever could. Is it humanly possible to do a worse job? At this rate
> he'll be drafted to the head coach spot of the RFU for the RWC2011 campaign.

Yeah we should've left Saddam well alone. He didn't gas that many people
did he......

30 Oct 2006 16:39:53
oob
Re: Big Month Part 2 (OT)

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 10:37:38 +0000, didgerman wrote:
> Yeah we should've left Saddam well alone. He didn't gas that many people
> did he......

Actually that was Americans, attached to Iraqi units.

..and the U.S. vetoed any condemnation of it at the UN-SC.

30 Oct 2006 12:02:34
Dai Losin
Re: Big Month Part 2 (OT)

No he didn't. But American supported right wing putschists killed tens of
thousands of Guatemalan peasants. Why did we not invade Guatamela to
overturn this bloodthirsty regime?

"didgerman" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Uncle Bully wrote:
>> Just noticed that in October, the US death count in Iraq surpassed the US
>> deaths from the WTC.
>> George W Bush is now responsible for the deaths of more Americans than
>> Osama Bin Laden. Oh the irony.
>> And to boot, George is doing a worse job to Iraqi civilians than Saddam
>> Hussein ever could. Is it humanly possible to do a worse job? At this
>> rate he'll be drafted to the head coach spot of the RFU for the RWC2011
>> campaign.
>>

> Yeah we should've left Saddam well alone. He didn't gas that many people
> did he......

30 Oct 2006 12:02:34
Dai Losin
Re: Big Month Part 2 (OT)

No he didn't. But American supported right wing putschists killed tens of
thousands of Guatemalan peasants. Why did we not invade Guatamela to
overturn this bloodthirsty regime?

"didgerman" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Uncle Bully wrote:
>> Just noticed that in October, the US death count in Iraq surpassed the US
>> deaths from the WTC.
>> George W Bush is now responsible for the deaths of more Americans than
>> Osama Bin Laden. Oh the irony.
>> And to boot, George is doing a worse job to Iraqi civilians than Saddam
>> Hussein ever could. Is it humanly possible to do a worse job? At this
>> rate he'll be drafted to the head coach spot of the RFU for the RWC2011
>> campaign.
>>

> Yeah we should've left Saddam well alone. He didn't gas that many people
> did he......

30 Oct 2006 18:13:38
didgerman
Re: Big Month Part 2 (OT)

Dai Losin wrote:
> No he didn't. But American supported right wing putschists killed tens of
> thousands of Guatemalan peasants. Why did we not invade Guatamela to
> overturn this bloodthirsty regime?

Yeah, it's a tricky one isn't it.
Were they in breach of UN resolutions for over 10 years?
I know that counts for zip as Israel, China and Russia get away with all
sorts.....
The thing is, we can't leave people like Saddam hanging around just
because the yanks have made an arse of things.

> "didgerman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Uncle Bully wrote:
>>> Just noticed that in October, the US death count in Iraq surpassed the US
>>> deaths from the WTC.
>>> George W Bush is now responsible for the deaths of more Americans than
>>> Osama Bin Laden. Oh the irony.
>>> And to boot, George is doing a worse job to Iraqi civilians than Saddam
>>> Hussein ever could. Is it humanly possible to do a worse job? At this
>>> rate he'll be drafted to the head coach spot of the RFU for the RWC2011
>>> campaign.
>>>

>> Yeah we should've left Saddam well alone. He didn't gas that many people
>> did he......

30 Oct 2006 10:16:21
timothy myles
Re: Big Month Part 2 (OT)

didgerman wrote:
> Uncle Bully wrote:
>
>> Just noticed that in October, the US death count in Iraq surpassed the
>> US deaths from the WTC.
>> George W Bush is now responsible for the deaths of more Americans than
>> Osama Bin Laden. Oh the irony.
>> And to boot, George is doing a worse job to Iraqi civilians than
>> Saddam Hussein ever could. Is it humanly possible to do a worse job?
>> At this rate he'll be drafted to the head coach spot of the RFU for
>> the RWC2011 campaign.
>>

> Yeah we should've left Saddam well alone. He didn't gas that many people
> did he......

So,

Who's killed more innocent people (either directly or indirectly) in Iraq?

America seems to be very quiet on Civilain deaths in Iraq since the
introduction of democracy (getting to be a bit like Oakland and Richmond
here in the Bay area).

Tim

31 Oct 2006 07:21:52
Uncle Bully
Re: Big Month Part 2 (OT)

"didgerman" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Dai Losin wrote:
>> No he didn't. But American supported right wing putschists killed tens of
>> thousands of Guatemalan peasants. Why did we not invade Guatamela to
>> overturn this bloodthirsty regime?
>
> Yeah, it's a tricky one isn't it.
> Were they in breach of UN resolutions for over 10 years?
> I know that counts for zip as Israel, China and Russia get away with all
> sorts.....

Don't forget the US too.

> The thing is, we can't leave people like Saddam hanging around just
> because the yanks have made an arse of things.

Why not?

>> "didgerman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>>>

>>> Yeah we should've left Saddam well alone. He didn't gas that many people
>>> did he......

30 Oct 2006 20:30:37
didgerman
Re: Big Month Part 2 (OT)

Uncle Bully wrote:
> "didgerman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Dai Losin wrote:
>>> No he didn't. But American supported right wing putschists killed tens of
>>> thousands of Guatemalan peasants. Why did we not invade Guatamela to
>>> overturn this bloodthirsty regime?
>> Yeah, it's a tricky one isn't it.
>> Were they in breach of UN resolutions for over 10 years?
>> I know that counts for zip as Israel, China and Russia get away with all
>> sorts.....
>
> Don't forget the US too.
>
>> The thing is, we can't leave people like Saddam hanging around just
>> because the yanks have made an arse of things.
>
> Why not?

Too many innocent people were living suppressed lives because of him.
Nobody knew what would happen to them, and nobody knew we'd end up with
various terrorists going on daily killing sprees after getting him out.

>>> "didgerman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]

30 Oct 2006 16:36:50
Dave Keegan
Re: Big Month Part 2 (OT)

oob wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 10:37:38 +0000, didgerman wrote:
> > Yeah we should've left Saddam well alone. He didn't gas that many people
> > did he......
>
> Actually that was Americans, attached to Iraqi units.
>
> ..and the U.S. vetoed any condemnation of it at the UN-SC.

Simon, you still heven't told us if you shared your hatred and
ignorance with regard America with your momentary best drinking buddy,
Smokin Joe Frazier.

Or do you, as I suspect, kiss his arse and save your cut and paste
"opinions" for the anonimity and safety of usenet? The fact you are
still able to type on a keyboard says it all, really.

Unless of course you are working one of those Stephen Hawking- type
straw contraptions, then my hat will be off to you.

Keegan..

30 Oct 2006 16:38:02
Dave Keegan
Re: Big Month Part 2 (OT)

Dai Losin wrote:
> No he didn't. But American supported right wing putschists killed tens of
> thousands of Guatemalan peasants. Why did we not invade Guatamela to
> overturn this bloodthirsty regime?

We?

Dai Larfin...

30 Oct 2006 16:38:45
Dave Keegan
Re: Big Month Part 2 (OT)

Dai Losin wrote:
> No he didn't. But American supported right wing putschists killed tens of
> thousands of Guatemalan peasants. Why did we not invade Guatamela to
> overturn this bloodthirsty regime?

We?

Dai Larfin...

31 Oct 2006 16:17:38
Brad Anton
Re: Big Month Part 2 (OT)

"timothy myles" <[email protected] > wrote in message news:[email protected]

> didgerman wrote:
>> Uncle Bully wrote:
>>
>>> Just noticed that in October, the US death count in Iraq surpassed the US deaths from the WTC.
>>> George W Bush is now responsible for the deaths of more Americans than Osama Bin Laden. Oh the
>>> irony.
>>> And to boot, George is doing a worse job to Iraqi civilians than Saddam Hussein ever could. Is
>>> it humanly possible to do a worse job? At this rate he'll be drafted to the head coach spot of
>>> the RFU for the RWC2011 campaign.
>>>

>> Yeah we should've left Saddam well alone. He didn't gas that many people did he......
>
> So,
>
> Who's killed more innocent people (either directly or indirectly) in Iraq?
>
> America seems to be very quiet on Civilain deaths in Iraq since the introduction of democracy
> (getting to be a bit like Oakland and Richmond here in the Bay area).
>
> Tim

Fortunately we can understand what the new Iraqi leaders of Iraq have to say, as they all seem to
have American accents.
Brad

31 Oct 2006 17:46:29
Uncle Bully
Re: Big Month Part 2 (OT)

"didgerman" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Uncle Bully wrote:
>> "didgerman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]wsfe6-gui.ntli.net...
>>> Yeah, it's a tricky one isn't it.
>>> Were they in breach of UN resolutions for over 10 years?
>>> I know that counts for zip as Israel, China and Russia get away with all
>>> sorts.....
>>
>> Don't forget the US too.
>>
>>> The thing is, we can't leave people like Saddam hanging around just
>>> because the yanks have made an arse of things.
>>
>> Why not?
>
> Too many innocent people were living suppressed lives because of him.
> Nobody knew what would happen to them, and nobody knew we'd end up with
> various terrorists going on daily killing sprees after getting him out.

I could've sworn that there were literally millions of people that predicted
just that.
Civil war was always on the cards form day one. In fact it was the most
likely outcome.

31 Oct 2006 08:17:25
didgerman
Re: Big Month Part 2 (OT)

Uncle Bully wrote:
> "didgerman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Uncle Bully wrote:
>>> "didgerman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]
>>> Don't forget the US too.

>>> Why not?
>> Too many innocent people were living suppressed lives because of him.
>> Nobody knew what would happen to them, and nobody knew we'd end up with
>> various terrorists going on daily killing sprees after getting him out.
>
> I could've sworn that there were literally millions of people that predicted
> just that.

The keyword is 'know'. Nobody knew what would happen for sure, but we
had a good idea what would happen if we did nothing.
There were a million and one doom-mongers before, the ones that are
claiming to be right now are on the right side of stopped clock syndrome....

> Civil war was always on the cards form day one. In fact it was the most
> likely outcome.

I've heard no evidence of that from Iraqis in the media. There were no
divisions based on religion in Iraq. Different religious groups had been
living in the same area for 100s of years without conflict.

Anyway, I'm not after an Iraq war 'debate' here. I think it was the
right idea, badly executed by the yanks, and we now have one of the
worse case scenarios. But people who walk around saying that they 'knew'
this would happen, give me a break...

31 Oct 2006 22:48:00
Uncle Bully
Re: Big Month Part 2 (OT)

"didgerman" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Uncle Bully wrote:
>> "didgerman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]

>>> Too many innocent people were living suppressed lives because of him.
>>> Nobody knew what would happen to them, and nobody knew we'd end up with
>>> various terrorists going on daily killing sprees after getting him out.
>>
>> I could've sworn that there were literally millions of people that
>> predicted just that.
>
> The keyword is 'know'. Nobody knew what would happen for sure, but we had
> a good idea what would happen if we did nothing.

Not much would've happened, which is what the US govt report said a couple
of months prior to 9/11. Most of the western world generally agreed with
htis stance at the time.

> There were a million and one doom-mongers before, the ones that are
> claiming to be right now are on the right side of stopped clock
> syndrome....

My recollection was millions of people marching the streets in protest
because no reasonable person could any link between 911 and Iraq.

>> Civil war was always on the cards form day one. In fact it was the most
>> likely outcome.
>
> I've heard no evidence of that from Iraqis in the media.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4821618.stm

You know the Americans never declared Vietnam or Korea a war either.

>There were no divisions based on religion in Iraq.

Ever heard the words Shia or Sunni?

> Different religious groups had been living in the same area for 100s of
> years without conflict.

Iran war, Kuwait, Gulf War mean nothing to you?

> Anyway, I'm not after an Iraq war 'debate' here. I think it was the right
> idea, badly executed by the yanks, and we now have one of the worse case
> scenarios. But people who walk around saying that they 'knew' this would
> happen, give me a break...

Pretty much anyone with half a brain said that invading Iraq was a bad idea.
Google is your friend.

31 Oct 2006 12:15:07
The Green Phantom
Re: Big Month Part 2 (OT)

Uncle Bully wrote:
> "didgerman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Uncle Bully wrote:
>>> "didgerman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]

>>> I could've sworn that there were literally millions of people that
>>> predicted just that.
>> The keyword is 'know'. Nobody knew what would happen for sure, but we had
>> a good idea what would happen if we did nothing.
>
> Not much would've happened, which is what the US govt report said a couple
> of months prior to 9/11. Most of the western world generally agreed with
> htis stance at the time.
>
>> There were a million and one doom-mongers before, the ones that are
>> claiming to be right now are on the right side of stopped clock
>> syndrome....
>
> My recollection was millions of people marching the streets in protest
> because no reasonable person could any link between 911 and Iraq.
>
>>> Civil war was always on the cards form day one. In fact it was the most
>>> likely outcome.
>> I've heard no evidence of that from Iraqis in the media.
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4821618.stm
>

> You know the Americans never declared Vietnam or Korea a war either.
>
>> There were no divisions based on religion in Iraq.
>
> Ever heard the words Shia or Sunni?
>
>> Different religious groups had been living in the same area for 100s of
>> years without conflict.
>
> Iran war, Kuwait, Gulf War mean nothing to you?
>
>> Anyway, I'm not after an Iraq war 'debate' here. I think it was the right
>> idea, badly executed by the yanks, and we now have one of the worse case
>> scenarios. But people who walk around saying that they 'knew' this would
>> happen, give me a break...
>
> Pretty much anyone with half a brain said that invading Iraq was a bad idea.
> Google is your friend.

Hmmmmmmmmm, half a brain says it's a bad idea.... a full brain says it's
a good idea?

I may have to refer this one to Nik.

regards

The Green Phantom

31 Oct 2006 12:53:30
didgerman
Re: Big Month Part 2 (OT)

Uncle Bully wrote:
> "didgerman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Uncle Bully wrote:
>>> "didgerman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]

>>> I could've sworn that there were literally millions of people that
>>> predicted just that.
>> The keyword is 'know'. Nobody knew what would happen for sure, but we had
>> a good idea what would happen if we did nothing.
>
> Not much would've happened, which is what the US govt report said a couple
> of months prior to 9/11. Most of the western world generally agreed with
> htis stance at the time.

Millions of people continuing to live under an oppressive dictator is
not much?

>> There were a million and one doom-mongers before, the ones that are
>> claiming to be right now are on the right side of stopped clock
>> syndrome....
>
> My recollection was millions of people marching the streets in protest
> because no reasonable person could any link between 911 and Iraq.

What's 9/11 got to do with it?

>>> Civil war was always on the cards form day one. In fact it was the most
>>> likely outcome.
>> I've heard no evidence of that from Iraqis in the media.
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4821618.stm

Religious fanatics blowing people up does not constitute a civil war.

> You know the Americans never declared Vietnam or Korea a war either.

Really, one for the pub quiz that, thnx....

>> There were no divisions based on religion in Iraq.
>
> Ever heard the words Shia or Sunni?

Well I suppose literally you could be correct there. But the fact
remains, as you well know, that Shia and Sunni lived together before
Saddam in an integrated society. Their differing religious views weren't
*divisive*.

>> Different religious groups had been living in the same area for 100s of
>> years without conflict.
>
> Iran war, Kuwait, Gulf War mean nothing to you?

Ah, quote a few recent cases of military action to support a point about
religious division. Very good....

>> Anyway, I'm not after an Iraq war 'debate' here. I think it was the right
>> idea, badly executed by the yanks, and we now have one of the worse case
>> scenarios. But people who walk around saying that they 'knew' this would
>> happen, give me a break...
>
> Pretty much anyone with half a brain said that invading Iraq was a bad idea.

Well it was never a good idea was it. Nipping down the pub is a good
idea. 10 miles before breakfast is a good idea. Wiping your arse
properly is a good idea.
Frickin about with guns is never a good idea, but some people think
otherwise which usually means having to shoot them.
Funny old world innit....

> Google is your friend.

Top tip, thnx again.

31 Oct 2006 10:53:28
timothy myles
Re: Big Month Part 2 (OT)

didgerman wrote:
> Uncle Bully wrote:
>
>> Just noticed that in October, the US death count in Iraq surpassed the
>> US deaths from the WTC.
>> George W Bush is now responsible for the deaths of more Americans than
>> Osama Bin Laden. Oh the irony.
>> And to boot, George is doing a worse job to Iraqi civilians than
>> Saddam Hussein ever could. Is it humanly possible to do a worse job?
>> At this rate he'll be drafted to the head coach spot of the RFU for
>> the RWC2011 campaign.
>>

> Yeah we should've left Saddam well alone. He didn't gas that many people
> did he......

The question we should all be asking is what is the real motivation for
the US toppling of a "legitimate" government.

With all the crap that is going on in Iran, the muslim fundamentalist
unrest in Saudi Arabia, I think the US wants secure military bases in
the middle east. Just imagine the effect on the US economy if the
democratically elected Saudi Arabian royal family was brought down!

Now back to the rugby.....

31 Oct 2006 19:56:21
didgerman
Re: Big Month Part 2 (OT)

timothy myles wrote:

> didgerman wrote:
>> Uncle Bully wrote:
>>
>>> Just noticed that in October, the US death count in Iraq surpassed
>>> the US deaths from the WTC.
>>> George W Bush is now responsible for the deaths of more Americans
>>> than Osama Bin Laden. Oh the irony.
>>> And to boot, George is doing a worse job to Iraqi civilians than
>>> Saddam Hussein ever could. Is it humanly possible to do a worse job?
>>> At this rate he'll be drafted to the head coach spot of the RFU for
>>> the RWC2011 campaign.
>>>

>> Yeah we should've left Saddam well alone. He didn't gas that many
>> people did he......
>
> The question we should all be asking is what is the real motivation for
> the US toppling of a "legitimate" government.

It was neither legitimate nor a government.

> With all the crap that is going on in Iran, the muslim fundamentalist
> unrest in Saudi Arabia, I think the US wants secure military bases in
> the middle east. Just imagine the effect on the US economy if the
> democratically elected Saudi Arabian royal family was brought down!

Highly unlikely.
I think the US will be glad to get out of the middle east altogether.
Just bung a few carriers in the area....

> Now back to the rugby.....

01 Nov 2006 08:07:21
Uncle Bully
Re: Big Month Part 2 (OT)

"didgerman" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Uncle Bully wrote:
>> "didgerman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]

>>> The keyword is 'know'. Nobody knew what would happen for sure, but we
>>> had a good idea what would happen if we did nothing.
>>
>> Not much would've happened, which is what the US govt report said a
>> couple of months prior to 9/11. Most of the western world generally
>> agreed with htis stance at the time.
>
> Millions of people continuing to live under an oppressive dictator is not
> much?

Not relative to what's happening now, no.
You see you can't look at a bad situation and think anything must be better
than that. Iraq under Saddam was bad, now it is worse. If we had've
continued along the sanctions route then everyone would've been in a
relatively better position (albeit still not good for the Iraqi people).
Sure there would've still been suffering, but the west would be in a much
better position to help. Now we have absolutely no chance, and we've created
a terrorist breeding ground which was non-existent in Iraq under Saddam.
This is not a hindsight thing, it was all brought up before the invasion
started.

>>> There were a million and one doom-mongers before, the ones that are
>>> claiming to be right now are on the right side of stopped clock
>>> syndrome....
>>
>> My recollection was millions of people marching the streets in protest
>> because no reasonable person could any link between 911 and Iraq.
>
> What's 9/11 got to do with it?

That is whole reason we invaded. The Bush lies about WMDs and Iraq/Al Qaeda
links?
The US needed an arse to kick for 9/11 so it made up lies to justify an
invasion of Iraq.

>>> I've heard no evidence of that from Iraqis in the media.
>>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4821618.stm
>
> Religious fanatics blowing people up does not constitute a civil war.

Don't play with words. Iraq has no effective government, military or police
force and hundreds of people are being killed every day by uncontrollable
armed militias.

>> You know the Americans never declared Vietnam or Korea a war either.
>
> Really, one for the pub quiz that, thnx....
>

>>> There were no divisions based on religion in Iraq.
>>
>> Ever heard the words Shia or Sunni?
>
> Well I suppose literally you could be correct there. But the fact remains,
> as you well know, that Shia and Sunni lived together before Saddam in an
> integrated society. Their differing religious views weren't *divisive*.

Mainly because Saddam's oppressive reign tortured or murdered anyone who
stepped out of line.
Saddam was bad, but at least he kept the religious extremists under control,
and Iraq in a relative state of order.

>>> Different religious groups had been living in the same area for 100s of
>>> years without conflict.
>>
>> Iran war, Kuwait, Gulf War mean nothing to you?
>
> Ah, quote a few recent cases of military action to support a point about
> religious division. Very good....

No, merely pointing out that the statement is false. Iraq has been in a
constant state of conflict since at least 1980.
Iraq only became independent in 1932 and in that 70 odd years has already
had numerous coups and conflicts. Ironically, Saddam's regime was the most
stable the independent Iraq has ever been.

>>> Anyway, I'm not after an Iraq war 'debate' here. I think it was the
>>> right idea, badly executed by the yanks, and we now have one of the
>>> worse case scenarios. But people who walk around saying that they 'knew'
>>> this would happen, give me a break...
>>
>> Pretty much anyone with half a brain said that invading Iraq was a bad
>> idea.
>
> Well it was never a good idea was it. Nipping down the pub is a good idea.
> 10 miles before breakfast is a good idea. Wiping your arse properly is a
> good idea.
> Frickin about with guns is never a good idea, but some people think
> otherwise which usually means having to shoot them.
> Funny old world innit....
>
>> Google is your friend.
>
> Top tip, thnx again.

01 Nov 2006 08:11:09
Uncle Bully
Re: Big Month Part 2 (OT)

"didgerman" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> timothy myles wrote:
>>

>> didgerman wrote:

>>> Yeah we should've left Saddam well alone. He didn't gas that many people
>>> did he......
>>
>> The question we should all be asking is what is the real motivation for
>> the US toppling of a "legitimate" government.
>
> It was neither legitimate nor a government.

As equally legitimate as the US government. Remember, you guys used to 'own'
them until they overthrew you in a terrorist uprising. Quite ironic don't
you think?

>> With all the crap that is going on in Iran, the muslim fundamentalist
>> unrest in Saudi Arabia, I think the US wants secure military bases in the
>> middle east. Just imagine the effect on the US economy if the
>> democratically elected Saudi Arabian royal family was brought down!
>
> Highly unlikely.
> I think the US will be glad to get out of the middle east altogether. Just
> bung a few carriers in the area....
>

>> Now back to the rugby.....

31 Oct 2006 16:20:57
timothy myles
Re: Big Month Part 2 (OT)

didgerman wrote:
> timothy myles wrote:
>

>> didgerman wrote:

>>> Yeah we should've left Saddam well alone. He didn't gas that many
>>> people did he......
>>

>> The question we should all be asking is what is the real motivation
>> for the US toppling of a "legitimate" government.
>

> It was neither legitimate nor a government.

Taking the piss didge along with the democratically elected government
of Saudi Arabia etc.

>> With all the crap that is going on in Iran, the muslim fundamentalist
>> unrest in Saudi Arabia, I think the US wants secure military bases in
>> the middle east. Just imagine the effect on the US economy if the
>> democratically elected Saudi Arabian royal family was brought down!
>

> Highly unlikely.
> I think the US will be glad to get out of the middle east altogether.
> Just bung a few carriers in the area....

Logistically very difficult to land large armoured divisions and support
groups from the sea. Better to have secure bases with air access. Do
you think George Bush senior would have had the same success in
liberating Kuwait from an offence by the sea? Nope, it all had to do
with amassing troops in saudi Arabia.

Iraq will be most likely be the Japan of the Middle east for some time
to come. Even after a huge pullout of armed tropps there will be some
big bases left behind.

End of the day, glad the US is in there securing the oil (and thus US
economy), just pissed off that they have to continually lie about the
reasons why they are there.

>> Now back to the rugby.....

01 Nov 2006 18:01:43
Uncle Bully
Re: Big Month Part 2 (OT)

"timothy myles" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> didgerman wrote:
>> timothy myles wrote:

>>> The question we should all be asking is what is the real motivation for
>>> the US toppling of a "legitimate" government.
>>

>> It was neither legitimate nor a government.
>
> Taking the piss didge along with the democratically elected government of
> Saudi Arabia etc.
>

>>> With all the crap that is going on in Iran, the muslim fundamentalist
>>> unrest in Saudi Arabia, I think the US wants secure military bases in
>>> the middle east. Just imagine the effect on the US economy if the
>>> democratically elected Saudi Arabian royal family was brought down!
>>

>> Highly unlikely.
>> I think the US will be glad to get out of the middle east altogether.
>> Just bung a few carriers in the area....
>
> Logistically very difficult to land large armoured divisions and support
> groups from the sea. Better to have secure bases with air access. Do you
> think George Bush senior would have had the same success in liberating
> Kuwait from an offence by the sea? Nope, it all had to do with amassing
> troops in saudi Arabia.
>
> Iraq will be most likely be the Japan of the Middle east for some time to
> come. Even after a huge pullout of armed tropps there will be some big
> bases left behind.

Doubt it. The US are losing too many men with their current numbers, if they
leave they have to all leave or face extermination. Unless of course the
Iraqi government install an adequate defence force in the midst of a civil
war which I very much doubt.

> End of the day, glad the US is in there securing the oil (and thus US
> economy), just pissed off that they have to continually lie about the
> reasons why they are there.

Fuck the oil.
Pull out, go through a few tough years, then come out the other side all the
better for it.
It'll be tough, but there's no gain without pain...