31 Dec 2003 17:06:46
The Green Phantom
A Happy New Year

Yes indeed, a Happy New Year to you all - even Matua and Scebe, though they
don't deserve it. Maybe 2004 will see something wonderful happen, Matua
will lose his acne and Scebe will lose contact with the mother ship - only
joking lads!

Anyway, as I said, a happy new year to you all, may your team always win,
except when they are playing mine and may the p*ss up afterwards always be
riotous and free from hangover.

A special thanks to Bobs for elevating me to his shit list, I hope that my
apology to him was sufficiently ambiguous and insulting: a speedy return to
the ng to the Boydster, it's far too quiet - and polite, sometimes, maybe,
in here without him.

I hope that in 2004 we see more of Messrs Diddams, Amm and Clegg, just to
balance up the bullshit from the rest of the list - myself included - and
to bring a welcome touch of rugby to the ng: put your hands down Parret and
Williams, I don't include you in this. May we have an amazingly good 6
Nations with wins (note plural) for Italy and a defeat for England at the
hands of a newly resurgent Wales (yeah right!).

As for all the antipodeans, saffers, argentinians, er non Brits, well, may
your teams do ok as well and have a guid n'year when it comes.

Oh and another special thanks to Nigel for his reappearance at our time of
national crisis just before the RWC - cheers Nigel, keep baiting the hook
in 2004.

A Happy New Year to you all from

The Green Phantom
--
You can bear anything if it isn't your own fault.
-- Katharine Fullerton Gerould

31 Dec 2003 18:47:32
didgerman
Re: A Happy New Year

Yep, here's to us all.
/slurp

31 Dec 2003 19:14:01
Dave L
Re: A Happy New Year

"The Green Phantom" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>and a defeat for England at the
> hands of a newly resurgent Wales (yeah right!).

I'm sure Wales will oblige and stuff Sir Clive and the medal boys :-)

Dave

31 Dec 2003 19:18:48
Steve Parrett
Re: A Happy New Year

"The Green Phantom" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Yes indeed, a Happy New Year to you all - even Matua

Blimey - it IS the season of goodwill to all "men"

> and Scebe, though they
> don't deserve it.

Scebe has reformed, and now he's on the "England are crap 'cos they didn't
beat every team in the RWC home and away by at least ten tries to nil (like
wot NZ did(sic))" tack, he has his bone to chew on.

<snip >

> Anyway, as I said, a happy new year to you all, may your team always win,

particularly when they play Camborne on Saturday 3rd January. Play up and
play the game you All-Whites!

> except when they are playing mine and may the p*ss up afterwards always be
> riotous and free from hangover.

they will be - I'm on the wagon for 90 days :-(

> A special thanks to Bobs for elevating me to his shit list,

I was upset - again - that he'd left me off it. I'm just TOO nice

> I hope that my
> apology to him was sufficiently ambiguous and insulting: a speedy return
> the ng to the Boydster, it's far too quiet - and polite, sometimes, maybe,
> in here without him.

Yep Rick does have a happy knack of stirring it all up, and in such an
articulate, erudite, albeit sometimes a tad misguided, way too. No
softcocks from him.

> I hope that in 2004 we see more of Messrs Diddams, Amm and Clegg,

what about ME?!

> just to
> balance up the bullshit from the rest of the list - myself included - and
> to bring a welcome touch of rugby to the ng:
> put your hands down Parret and
> Williams, I don't include you in this.

Oh you are a sweetie!

> May we have an amazingly good 6
> Nations with wins (note plural) for Italy and a defeat for England at the
> hands of a newly resurgent Wales (yeah right!).

Anything but that - but I'd take a 22-21 win to England over a thrashing
(either way)

> As for all the antipodeans, saffers, argentinians, er non Brits, well, may
> your teams do ok as well and have a guid n'year when it comes.

Seconded

> Oh and another special thanks to Nigel for his reappearance at our time of
> national crisis just before the RWC - cheers Nigel, keep baiting the hook
> in 2004.

and I lso wish to be associated with the remarks of the last speaker.

> A Happy New Year to you all >

To you as well superhero. (JW once hinted that he knew the Clark Kent
behind the baggy undies, he also hinted I'd know you too - who is't?)

--
regards
Steve

01 Jan 2004 09:07:16
Mr Scebe
Re: A Happy New Year

"Steve Parrett" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "The Green Phantom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]

> > and Scebe, though they
> > don't deserve it.

And happy New Year to you, Phantom. I'll only let you away with this because
you live in Scotland, and i am well aware of how important the new year is
in those parts.

> Scebe has reformed, and now he's on the "England are crap 'cos they didn't
> beat every team in the RWC home and away by at least ten tries to nil
(like
> wot NZ did(sic))" tack, he has his bone to chew on.

That's crap and you know it. I haven't reformed at all, and i'll thank you
to stop inventing these little fantasies. But it's got me thinking, and so
for 2004 i present to you <ta da > "The Softcock List"

(In some particular order)

Wayward (oops Sir Clive)
Rutherford and McCaw
NZRU
Devilspawn
Aussie McLean
Orene Ai'i
Christian Cullen
Possumhead
Tana Umaga
Plaine Randell
Doormat
John Mitchell
Xavier Rush
Justin Marshall
Speightsguts
Flea Shaw (rhymes with "eyore")

--
Mr Scebe
Losers always whine about their 'best'.

01 Jan 2004 07:58:47
Bulldog
Re: A Happy New Year

> Rutherford and McCaw

Is that Richie McCaw ? The forward who conceded the most penalties in
RWC2003 ? For your files he conceded one penalty less than Back and
Yellowcardio combined !

01 Jan 2004 18:34:11
Greig Blanchett
Re: A Happy New Year

On 1 Jan 2004 07:58:47 -0800, [email protected] (Bulldog) wrote:

>> Rutherford and McCaw
>
>Is that Richie McCaw ? The forward who conceded the most penalties in
>RWC2003 ? For your files he conceded one penalty less than Back and
>Yellowcardio combined !

Give him a break - he was doing the work of two men as it was.

01 Jan 2004 15:38:17
Bulldog
Re: A Happy New Year

> Give him a break - he was doing the work of two men as it was.

Greg our friend Scebe also says McCaw's huge penalty count is all part
and parcel of being a flanker...of course the England lads are just
destroying the game. Interesting statistic though innit ?

02 Jan 2004 14:17:55
Mr Scebe
Re: A Happy New Year

"Bulldog" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> > Give him a break - he was doing the work of two men as it was.
>
> Greg our friend Scebe also says McCaw's huge penalty count is all part
> and parcel of being a flanker

Reference?

--
Mr Scebe
"Personally i think you're a fucking idiot"

02 Jan 2004 05:41:45
Bulldog
Re: A Happy New Year

> Reference?

I saw you say just that about 4 weeks ago.

03 Jan 2004 06:50:43
Mr Scebe
Re: A Happy New Year

"Bulldog" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> > Reference?
>
> I saw you say just that about 4 weeks ago.

No you didn't.

--
Mr Scebe
Losers always whine about their 'best'.
Winners go home and fuck the prom queen".
~Sean Connery in "The Rock"

02 Jan 2004 18:16:41
The Green Phantom
Re: A Happy New Year

Mr Scebe wrote:

> "Bulldog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> >
>> > Reference?
>>
>> I saw you say just that about 4 weeks ago.
>
> No you didn't.

Is this the five minute argument or the full half hour...?

regards

The Green Phantom
--
I like being single. I'm always there when I need me.
-- Art Leo

03 Jan 2004 22:22:18
Rodger Donaldson
Re: A Happy New Year

On 1 Jan 2004 15:38:17 -0800, Bulldog <[email protected] > wrote:

>> Give him a break - he was doing the work of two men as it was.
>
> Greg our friend Scebe also says McCaw's huge penalty count is all part
> and parcel of being a flanker...of course the England lads are just
> destroying the game. Interesting statistic though innit ?

It just tells you what many of us in New Zealand already knew: Thorne
is a passenger.

--
Rodger Donaldson [email protected]

03 Jan 2004 09:51:51
The Green Phantom
Re: A Happy New Year

Rodger Donaldson wrote:

> On 1 Jan 2004 15:38:17 -0800, Bulldog <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Give him a break - he was doing the work of two men as it was.
>>
>> Greg our friend Scebe also says McCaw's huge penalty count is all part
>> and parcel of being a flanker...of course the England lads are just
>> destroying the game. Interesting statistic though innit ?
>
> It just tells you what many of us in New Zealand already knew: Thorne
> is a passenger.

I never fail to be amazed about how any thread, however irrelevant, gets
hijacked into a discussion about NZ rugby. ISTR that it even happened
following a discussion on the finances of the WRU. Now a simple Happy New
Year is developing into a discussion on captaincy in NZ.

Amazing! An entire nation so self-centred on a single source of self-esteem.

regards

The Green Phantom
--
... a thing called Ethics, whose nature was confusing but if you had it you
were a High-Class Realtor and if you hadn't you were a shyster, a piker and

03 Jan 2004 06:27:13
Bulldog
Re: A Happy New Year

> It just tells you what many of us in New Zealand already knew: Thorne
> is a passenger.

I agree Rodger, but what stumps me is how McCaw's penalty count can be
interpreted in a different way to Back/Yellowcardio's. Many on here
have been highly critical of those two, yet there is now strong
evidence that when all is said and done they are not the serial
offenders that some have dressed them up to be.

03 Jan 2004 14:45:20
pete devlin
Re: A Happy New Year

In message <[email protected] >, The Green Phantom
<[email protected] > writes
>Amazing! An entire nation so self-centred on a single source of
>self-esteem.

Self esteem, self confidence, personality, financial security and even
penile (dis)function it seems. They'll learn - eventually.
--
Pete Devlin (To email - press reply, remove Garbage Sifter)
[{//////news03//////at\\secondrow/////co\\uk}]

03 Jan 2004 16:33:30
Nigel Evans
Re: A Happy New Year

"The Green Phantom" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> I never fail to be amazed about how any thread, however irrelevant, gets
> hijacked into a discussion about NZ rugby. ISTR that it even happened
> following a discussion on the finances of the WRU. Now a simple Happy New
> Year is developing into a discussion on captaincy in NZ.
>
> Amazing! An entire nation so self-centred on a single source of
self-esteem.

You mustn't lose sight of the fact that life in New Zealand is exceedingly
dull. They have never excelled at anything other than rugby and it has been
a focal point for the nation. That they have proved to be dismal failure at
this latest competition is largely irrelevant to them because they have
nothing else to divert their attentions from rugby. So, the country now
carries on, as before, shutting out the things it does not wish to see or
hear. People like me, and Stephen Jones, tried to help by making them aware
of their deficiencies but they would not listen. Even now they still believe
that they are the best. Have you seen the film starring Jack Nicholson where
he goes off to a hotel to look after it in the winter ? His belief that he
was an author is pretty similar to the average new Zealander's belief that
his country is good at rugby. To be fair to Johny, however, it must be said
that his writing, despite being somewhat repetitive, was far more more
entertaining than the stuff served up by the Blacks. They cling to the hope
that all will be well when Graham Henry has his way. Personally, I'd rather
have Johny's axe put through my skull rather than have Henry as my country's
coach but this only goes to show how different we all are as people. It
would be terribly boring if we were all the same.
I wish them all a Happy New Year. Around about 2047 should be a good one for
them.

03 Jan 2004 10:12:15
Angus
Re: A Happy New Year

[email protected] (Bulldog) wrote in message news:<[email protected] >...

> > It just tells you what many of us in New Zealand already knew: Thorne
> > is a passenger.
>

> I agree Rodger, but what stumps me is how McCaw's penalty count can be
> interpreted in a different way to Back/Yellowcardio's. Many on here
> have been highly critical of those two, yet there is now strong
> evidence that when all is said and done they are not the serial
> offenders that some have dressed them up to be.

Will people PLEASE stop bloody following the Scebe lead and giveing
eveyone a intelagable nickname. WHO the BLOODY hell is "Yellowcardio"
at least with Scabby weak puns you can guess.

04 Jan 2004 08:14:09
Mr Scebe
Re: A Happy New Year

"Angus" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Will people PLEASE stop bloody following the Scebe lead and giveing
> eveyone a intelagable nickname.

Ah, the adulation! The fans..................... Poor old Digimon, no wonder
he acts like a fan boy.

>WHO the BLOODY hell is "Yellowcardio"

Dayglo, i imagine.

--
Mr Scebe
Losers always whine about their 'best'.
Winners go home and fuck the prom queen".
~Sean Connery in "The Rock"

04 Jan 2004 10:17:47
O'Kiwi
Re: A Happy New Year

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 16:33:30 -0000, "Nigel Evans"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>"The Green Phantom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>>
>> I never fail to be amazed about how any thread, however irrelevant, gets
>> hijacked into a discussion about NZ rugby. ISTR that it even happened
>> following a discussion on the finances of the WRU. Now a simple Happy New
>> Year is developing into a discussion on captaincy in NZ.
>>
>> Amazing! An entire nation so self-centred on a single source of
>self-esteem.
>
>You mustn't lose sight of the fact that life in New Zealand is exceedingly
>dull. They have never excelled at anything other than rugby and it has been
>a focal point for the nation.

How many Nobel Prizes have been won by Welshmen?

We've had three won by New Zealanders...

Nik

03 Jan 2004 21:40:43
didgerman
Re: A Happy New Year

"Angus" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> [email protected] (Bulldog) wrote in message
news:<[email protected] >...

> > > It just tells you what many of us in New Zealand already knew:
Thorne
> > > is a passenger.
> >

> > I agree Rodger, but what stumps me is how McCaw's penalty count
can be
> > interpreted in a different way to Back/Yellowcardio's. Many on
here
> > have been highly critical of those two, yet there is now strong
> > evidence that when all is said and done they are not the serial
> > offenders that some have dressed them up to be.
>
> Will people PLEASE stop bloody following the Scebe lead and giveing
> eveyone a intelagable nickname. WHO the BLOODY hell is
"Yellowcardio"
> at least with Scabby weak puns you can guess.

'old yella' is a Japanese player, he used to be a heart surgeon, but
then his hands....well, you know.

04 Jan 2004 08:21:28
Nigel Evans
Re: A Happy New Year

"O'Kiwi" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> How many Nobel Prizes have been won by Welshmen?
>
> We've had three won by New Zealanders...
>
> Nik

May I suggest that you dig these people up and put them with five of your
best forwards ? You may then have a half-decent pack.

04 Jan 2004 22:06:44
Groundhog
Re: A Happy New Year

"O'Kiwi" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 16:33:30 -0000, "Nigel Evans"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> How many Nobel Prizes have been won by Welshmen?
>
> We've had three won by New Zealanders...

None of whom did any of the work in NZ for which they received their Nobel
Prizes. All emigrated - though there's clearly something in the genes !! :)

I think there are about 5 Welsh Nobel winners, BTW.

06 Jan 2004 07:59:04
Walter Mitty
Re: A Happy New Year

"Groundhog" <[email protected] > brightened my day with his incisive wit
when in news:[email protected] he conjectured
that:

> "O'Kiwi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 16:33:30 -0000, "Nigel Evans"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>> How many Nobel Prizes have been won by Welshmen?
>>
>> We've had three won by New Zealanders...
>>

> None of whom did any of the work in NZ for which they received their
> Nobel Prizes. All emigrated - though there's clearly something in the
> genes !! :)

You mean they were Maori?

06 Jan 2004 05:40:19
Ian Diddams
Re: A Happy New Year

"Mr Scebe" <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<TbiJb.47537

> > I saw you say just that about 4 weeks ago.
>
> No you didn't.

Behind you.

Isn't panto season such fun? Where's Frank Bruno?

didds