19 Feb 2007 12:10:26
Wey to Row Junior Rowing Courses

New for 2007, Weybridge Rowing Club (Club Marked) brings another
perfect summer course for the beginner rower. Many learn to row
courses have been held at the prestigious Weybridge Rowing Club, and
the courses are renowned for being successful in many ways.

The main idea of this course is to promote the sport of rowing to new,
enthusiastic juniors in Elmbridge and its surrounding areas. The
course, held this year in August, is deemed to be a perfect
opportunity for these junior members to develop a new sporting
ability, as well as meeting other juniors from their local area.

Each day will (between 9:30am and 1:30pm) will be split up into two
1h45min sessions. It is believed that this is the optimum time for a
new rowing to have time to develop, whilst remaining in a good
physical and mental condition.

On the Friday of each week, there will be the usual 9:30am until
1:30pm sessions, followed by a 'mini regatta' in which parents are
invited to watch not only their siblings race against each other, but
to see the progress they have made, and the new skills they have
learned. Our sponsors, Weybridge and Walton Physiotherapy will also be
on hand to give advice about their services and how they can help in
the sporting world to both parents and juniors.

We aim to give a varied week, with exciting yet challenging activities
both on and off the water to keep the course participants involved.

The Wey To Row coaching team believe a selection of events like this
is ideal for a developing rower and would set them up perfectly to
move into a club environment at a respectable level, or to go back to
school with a solid foundation in sculling and rowing.

What you think of the idea, any comments?

19 Feb 2007 12:11:54
Re: Wey to Row Junior Rowing Courses

Website is http://weytorow.googlepages.com