14 Dec 2005 15:34:47
Old Rower
Vet Fours Head Results

Does anyone know why the Vets head winners have not yet been confirmed,
even though it took place a month ago? The website says they will be
announced on the 28th of November, but this has come and gone.......

At the time it appeared that further entries were taken after the
initial start list was announced, has this created problems?

I would be interested if anyone knows the answer!

14 Dec 2005 23:52:58
mpruscoe
Re: Vet Fours Head Results

Old Rower wrote:
> Does anyone know why the Vets head winners have not yet been confirmed,
> even though it took place a month ago? The website says they will be
> announced on the 28th of November, but this has come and gone.......
>
> At the time it appeared that further entries were taken after the
> initial start list was announced, has this created problems?

I think they mislaid some of the entries - we had an entry made before
the close of entries that got put in after we enquired why it wasn't in
the original start list.

14 Dec 2005 22:11:15
karon
Re: Vet Fours Head Results

As far as I know, no-one has received any medals (certainly our crew
hasnt) - and we dont seem to be able to find out when they will be
awarded. Sort of takes the shine off things!

15 Dec 2005 05:31:41
Re: Vet Fours Head Results

Aren't English events supposed to send their results to ARA HQ within 2
weeks under rule 5.2.4.b ?
If it's true that results are still provisional after 1 month, then I'd
say it's a disgrace.
I know of agile event secretaries who organise the processing of 500+
time calculations and get those results out AND prizes presented within
2 hours of the last boat crossing the line.

Is Veteran Fours Head run by a bunch of old fogies who have fallen
asleep on the job ?
Carl B.

15 Dec 2005 05:40:55
[email protected]
Re: Vet Fours Head Results

> I know of agile event secretaries who organise the processing
> of 500+ time calculations and get those results out AND prizes
> presented within 2 hours of the last boat crossing the line.

Are they 'agile' because they've lost 8 kilos, by any chance?

21 Dec 2005 14:00:36
karon
Re: Vet Fours Head Results

I have spoken to various people about htis - and the ARA have said they
will make sure the results get in the Almanac. With regard to Medals -
the Secretary is waiting for addresses from someone in the Army, who
was dealing with entries, so they can be posted out. I believe some
'local' medals may have been deliverd to Clubs. They hope it will be
better next year