29 Jan 2004 14:28:31
Jack
Choice of rowing machine

Hello
I'm in the UK and looking for a robust indoor rower. I don't need all the
whistles and bells of a C2 but it does need to be tough. Any suggestions?

I've seen adverts for a Horizon Oxford II CS which seems to fit the bill.
Anyone got one, tried one? Can't get to see one in the flesh because I live
way out in the sticks.

Thanks.
Jack

29 Jan 2004 18:22:44
Henry Law
Re: Choice of rowing machine

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:28:31 -0000, "Jack" <[email protected] > wrote:

>I'm in the UK and looking for a robust indoor rower. I don't need all the
>whistles and bells of a C2 but it does need to be tough. Any suggestions?

Jack, Google is your friend: look for the many discussions in this
group about ergos other than C2. (Summarising brutally, the
universal opinion in this group is that only three possibly cut it:
C2, Waterrower and Rowperfect, or possibly knock-offs of same)

Start here http://tinyurl.com/2c6ks

Henry Law < >< Manchester, England

29 Jan 2004 15:21:19
Jim Dwyer
Re: Choice of rowing machine

I would also eliminate the waterrower. The footstops and seat assembly fall
apart way too easily. If you want a reliable machine get the CII. If you
are interested in simulating rowing get a CII with slides or if you can
afford it get the Rowperfect.

Jim

"Henry Law" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:28:31 -0000, "Jack" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I'm in the UK and looking for a robust indoor rower. I don't need all the
> >whistles and bells of a C2 but it does need to be tough. Any suggestions?
>
> Jack, Google is your friend: look for the many discussions in this
> group about ergos other than C2. (Summarising brutally, the
> universal opinion in this group is that only three possibly cut it:
> C2, Waterrower and Rowperfect, or possibly knock-offs of same)
>
> Start here http://tinyurl.com/2c6ks
>
> Henry Law <>< Manchester, England

29 Jan 2004 22:29:50
Jack
Re: Choice of rowing machine

Jim Dwyer wrote in message
<[email protected] >...
>I would also eliminate the waterrower. The footstops and seat assembly
fall
>apart way too easily. If you want a reliable machine get the CII. If you
>are interested in simulating rowing get a CII with slides or if you can
>afford it get the Rowperfect.
>
>Jim
>

>"Henry Law" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>> On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:28:31 -0000, "Jack" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >I'm in the UK and looking for a robust indoor rower. I don't need all
the
>> >whistles and bells of a C2 but it does need to be tough. Any
suggestions?

>> Jack, Google is your friend: look for the many discussions in this
>> group about ergos other than C2. (Summarising brutally, the
>> universal opinion in this group is that only three possibly cut it:
>> C2, Waterrower and Rowperfect, or possibly knock-offs of same)
>>
>> Start here http://tinyurl.com/2c6ks
>>
>> Henry Law <>< Manchester, England

Okay, C2 it is then.

As far as I can tell the major difference between a model C and model D is
the monitor.

I'll probably go for a model C with a PM2, looks about right for me. Don't
need/want the PM3's whistles and bells.

Thanks for helping me getting it sorted.
Jack

29 Jan 2004 23:39:06
Jon Anderson
Re: Choice of rowing machine

Jack wrote:
> As far as I can tell the major difference between a model C and model D is
> the monitor.

The handle on the D feels a lot more comfortable.
The C feels awkward and too narrow when I go back to it.

YMMV of course :-)

Jon
--
Durge: [email protected] http://users.durge.org/~jon/
OnStream: [email protected] http://www.rowing.org.uk/

[ All views expressed are personal unless otherwise stated ]

30 Jan 2004 07:13:47
Jack
Re: Choice of rowing machine

Jon Anderson wrote in message ...
>Jack wrote:
>> As far as I can tell the major difference between a model C and model D
is
>> the monitor.
>
>The handle on the D feels a lot more comfortable.
>The C feels awkward and too narrow when I go back to it.
>
>YMMV of course :-)
>

>Jon
>--
>Durge: [email protected] http://users.durge.org/~jon/
>OnStream: [email protected] http://www.rowing.org.uk/
>
> [ All views expressed are personal unless otherwise stated ]

Okay then maybe a C with a retro-fitted D handle.
Thanks.
Jack