31 Jul 2004 05:21:29
Neil Wallace
Athens weather

A very interesting article, from a different perspective.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/sports/features/athens_winds.shtml

and for updates on the forecasts for the rowing centre, this looks
interesting
http://www.noa.gr/2004/

31 Jul 2004 10:37:40
Ewoud Dronkert
Re: Athens weather

On Saturday 31 July 2004 07:21, Neil Wallace wrote:
> and for updates on the forecasts for the rowing centre, this looks
> interesting http://www.noa.gr/2004/

I get an empty document for the "Marathon Rowing Centre".

Another detailed weather site:
http://www.hnms.gr/emy/english/ath2004/venues/meteo_info_html?dr_venue=Schinias_Olympic_Rowing_and_Canoeing_Centre

31 Jul 2004 11:25:58
Anu Dudhia
Re: Athens weather

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

> On Saturday 31 July 2004 07:21, Neil Wallace wrote:
> > and for updates on the forecasts for the rowing centre, this looks
> > interesting http://www.noa.gr/2004/
>
> I get an empty document for the "Marathon Rowing Centre".

They're still working on it, but they assure us it will be completely written by the start of the Games.

31 Jul 2004 17:09:53
Christopher Anton
Re: Athens weather

"Neil Wallace" <[email protected]*NOPSAM*virgin.net > wrote in message
news:t%FOc.11 >
> and for updates on the forecasts for the rowing centre, this looks
> interesting
> http://www.noa.gr/2004/

I prefer www.westwind.ch

Choose the meteograms option and you can now get a forecast for the start of
the Olympic(TM) regatta. For the morning of 15th August it's forecasting a
northerhly of 15 knots. Could be interesting although I imagine a forecast
at that distance even these days is as likely as Elvis taking part in the
torch relay.