31 Jul 2005 21:22:45
~~
Russo To Launch Wrestling Website Tonight And Discuss "Bash At The Beach"

By: Bob Ryder
7/31/2005 12:57:15 PM

Vince Russo is launching a new website tonight at midnight.
RingofGlory.com will support Russo's upcoming Christian Wrestling
shows, and as part of the launch of the site Russo will talk
exclusively on the website about the infamous "Bash at the Beach"
incident involving Hulk Hogan and Jeff Jarrett. This will be the first
(and he says the last) time Russo will speak publically about the
incident.

A countdown clock is currently on the site that counts down the
minutes until the official launch at midnight tonight.

RingofGlory.com

31 Jul 2005 19:38:29
Felicity
Re: Russo To Launch Wrestling Website Tonight And Discuss "Bash At The Beach"

> Vince Russo is launching a new website
> tonight at midnight. RingofGlory.com will
> support Russo's upcoming Christian
> wrestling shows

Christian wrestling shows?

I vaguely remember hearing something about Russo becoming a Christian
but I didn't realise he'd gone as far as to build his wrestling
industry future around it.

31 Jul 2005 22:41:45
Smart Ape wants the Juicerweig
Re: Russo To Launch Wrestling Website Tonight And Discuss "Bash At The Beach"

"Felicity" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>> Vince Russo is launching a new website
>> tonight at midnight. RingofGlory.com will
>> support Russo's upcoming Christian
>> wrestling shows

Will we be seeing a toned down version of Shawn Michaels DX-era?
--
--- "Damn dirty fleas..."
--- "Ever notice that at the start of a cartoon, Casper has no friends, and

31 Jul 2005 23:21:37
GPB
Re: Russo To Launch Wrestling Website Tonight And Discuss "Bash At The Beach"

"Bash at the Beach"-Finally My Side
By Vince Russo
It's been five years . . . a very long five years. Never in my wildest
dreams did I ever imagine that what happened one Sunday night in Florida
would follow me every where I went for half a decade. Never have I been
asked the same question so many times, "What really happened at "Bash at the
Beach". For five years I've never answered that question, mainly because it
has been a very difficult memory for me. Much pain came with that
incident-pain that I wasn't able to shake until God himself helped me shake
it. He gave me the strength to forgive . . . and forget.

So why now? The answer is simple: I'm going to take a negative . . . and
turn it into a positive; I'm going to take one of the most devastating
nights in my life . . . and use it for God's Glory-to make people aware of
him. I'm not going to lie to you---I needed a hook to bring people to "Ring
of Glory", and this is it. And yes-I will stop at NOTHING-ABSOLUTELY
NOTHING-to make people aware of Jesus Christ. If this story brings you to
this website to witness the things that we are doing in the name of
Christ-than my mission was accomplished.
Before I tell my story-which is basically my side-I first want to point out
that I have no hard feelings towards anyone involved-not one. I understand
completely the motivations behind the individuals involved-and I understand.
The fact is-I wasn't shocked . . . or surprised by the outcome-I saw it
coming a mile away. But regardless of the consequences-as both a man . . .
and a friend . . . that night I did what I felt I had to do. I did what was
right. The important thing is-I came into the situation with my integrity .
. . and I left with it. At the end of the day that's all that ever mattered
to me.
I'm going to try to make this as short and succinct as I possibly can.
It all began after I wrote the script from my home prior to BATB. To be
honest, I can't remember exactly the original script-but I believe in the
match between Jeff Jarrett and Hulk Hogan I somehow had Scott Steiner
involved. Either Hogan was carried out-or he did the laying out-I don't
remember-I just remember that Jeff Jarrett left with his WCW Heavyweight
Title-that outcome was vital being that by the end of the night there would
be circumstances that led to Jeff defending the title against Booker T.-with
Booker being crowned the new WCW Heavyweight Champion. Booker winning the
title was something the entire booking committee agreed upon a week prior,
simply because Booker had deserved it.
Once the script was written I sent it to the John Laurenitis, who was going
to be the agent of the match. Johnny was to call Hulk and get his input.
After calling Hulk, Johnny called me back and told me that Hulk hated the
way the match was laid out-I said no problem and immediately went back to
the drawing board. At that time all I cared about was Jeff leaving the match
against Hogan with the belt-so we could get to the Booker scenario. At that
point I re-wrote the script and implemented a Hulk Hogan-King Kong-finish.
Hulk would clean house-get to Jarrett and Steiner-leaving bodies
everywhere-BUT-not leaving with the belt-I believe his actions got him DQ'd-but
honestly I don't remember the exact specifics. Once I came up with that
scenario I called Johnny again-who called Hogan again-to run it by him.
Johnny called me back and said that Hulk "loved" it-something Hulk later
denied every saying. So that discrepancy lies with Hulk and Johnny-I don't
know for sure what the conversation was between the two-and who said what-I
only know what Johnny told me.
At that point I think everybody is happy. The truth is that I wasn't told
differently until about two hours prior to the match. Going about my
business backstage the day of the event-Eric Bischoff approached me to
inform me that Hulk didn't like the finish and wasn't going to do it. This
is the first time that I was aware that there was a problem. He told me that
Hogan was in his trailer and that I needed to go talk to him-so I did.
When I entered the trailer, it was the three of us-myself, Hogan and
Bischoff. The first thing I was told by Eric was that he and Hulk had
discussed a different finish and that they had called Brad Siegel (who was
in charge of wrestling operations at the time) and that Siegel loved the
finish but told them that they had to OK it with me first. At that time Hulk
laid out the story. Again, being five years ago I can't remember the
specifics-but there are two key elements which I will never forget. The
first one being that before Hulk laid out the story he said, "Let's do this
as if it were a shoot". The second detail was-Hulk walking out winning the
match and becoming the new WCW Champion. In my mind I knew that couldn't
happen-mainly because only days earlier the entire booking committee agreed
that it was Booker's time. Not only did I have to stand by their
decision-but I also agreed whole-heartedly with it. I felt strongly that
Booker needed to leave the building that night the WCW Champion. At the
time, in my view and in the view of the committee-that was the best thing
for the company and everyone involved in it.
Time was ticking away-we were less than two hours away from showtime. As
Hulk was laying out the story to me, I was already thinking on my feet. My
objective was to make him happy-while keeping our plans in tack. After Hulk
finished his story, I basically told him that that didn't work for me. I
then used his words and said, "However-if you really want to do this as a
"shoot", how about this.
Here's the story I laid out to both Eric and Hulk.
I said, "If you want this to look like a shoot-let's make it look like a
shoot. Let's try this-I walk into the building tonight and I find out that
Hulk Hogan is playing his "creative control" card and refuses to do the job
to Jeff Jarrett. Now-if as a shoot that was the case-this is how Vince Russo
would react--I would go to Jeff, who is my friend, tell him what was going
on-and then direct him to lay down for Hogan in the middle of the ring the
minute the bell rang. Being ringside I would then tell Hogan, `There-you
have exactly what you want-cover him and take your precious belt.' Now
Hogan-not having many options-would cover Jarrett-take the belt-because that's
what he really wanted-and then leave. However, in order to work the boys in
the back, making EVERYBODY believe this was a shoot--the story had to go one
step further--Hogan would be so upset that I showed him up that he would go
in the back-get Bischoff-his friend-and the two of them would leave the
building in a huff. I explained to Hulk that that part of the story was
vital, because in order for me to get to the main event between Jeff and
Booker I had to go back out to the ring later in the evening-cut a scathing
(my exact word) promo on Hogan saying that he can keep his belt-because that
belt didn't mean anything-there would be a "real" Championship match tonight
and it would be between Booker T. and Jeff Jarrett for the "real" WCW Title.
Now-that part of the story is crucial because in order for this to look like
a shoot to the boys-Bischoff and Hogan had to leave the building (which they
did) because if they were still in it when I cut the promo on Hogan-then
Hulk would have had to come out and KILL me!
After I laid this out to Hulk-with Eric there-he looked at me wide-eyed and
said, "I like it." He then said, "Yeah, and then I could have one belt, and
Booker could have the other and we could go from there." Now again, all I
was concerned about that night was what we had written as a committee. Being
that I had just come up with this on the fly, I had no idea where we could
go with this. So I told Hulk, "We'll talk about where we go with this-I'll
call you tomorrow."
From there I found Jeff and I completely worked him. I told him that Hulk
didn't want to do the job for him and he needed to just go out there and lay
down for Hogan. Jeff was furious-I had never seen him so mad. Man, it was
tough working Jeff-my friend-but keep in mind, Hulk, Eric and myself had all
agreed that we were going to work the boys in order to make this come off as
"real" as possible. So the match went down-just like the three of us
discussed-Jeff wasn't in on anything. After the 1-2-3 Hogan took the belt,
found Eric and the two stormed out of the building. The boys were buying
this hook, line and sinker. From there I went out to the ring and cut that
"scathing" promo that Hulk and I had discussed earlier. The whole reason for
the promo was to get to the Jeff/Booker match. It was my job to tie it all
together and make it all make sense. That's all I cared about-I just wanted
to get to the main event-like we had planned-with it all making sense.
Just an aside: If you remember my character in WCW, every time I went out in
front of the people I ALWAYS wore a New York jersey. Well, it you remember
that night I wore a San Francisco Giants jersey-something totally out of
character for me-again, that was all part of the "shoot"-being that I didn't
have a New York jersey on this time-it had to be real!!! That's how closely
I looked at this "angle".
Well, the next day everybody was talking about it-and everybody was
believing it. It was incredible. Even I didn't think the boys could be
worked like that. The next day I pulled Jeff aside and told him what really
happened-I just had a real hard time working him when he was right in the
middle of it. It's funny, but Jeff really didn't seem that surprised. Being
a veteran of the business and seeing just about everything-Jeff took it in
stride and didn't seemed "shocked" by any of it.
If I made a single mistake throughout this entire incident-here it was-I
never called Hogan back the next day like I told him I would. Why? Because
we were at Nitro and I had no idea where to go with the story. I just didn't
have the time to think it through. In other words if I called him-I just
didn't know what to tell him-so I just didn't call-my bad-hindsight being
20/20 I should have.
When we got back to the office from TV I meet with Brad Siegel and told him
what happened. I also told Brad that I hadn't called Hulk yet because I didn't
know what to tell him. I wasn't sure where to go with this. At that point
Brad told me that financially we just couldn't afford to use Hulk Hogan
right now so I should just think about going on with the story without him.
So-I never called Hulk back. If it were today I would have-I would have been
honest with him and told him what Brad had told me-but at the time . . . I
just didn't think it was in my place. Was it a cop-out? Maybe? But at the
time---there was no way that I was thinking clearly-the truth is-I was
probably on the verge of a nervous breakdown.
You all know the rest of the story. A few days later I was hit with a
defamation of character lawsuit by Hulk Hogan, claiming that he knew nothing
about the interview beforehand that I cut on him in the ring. He claimed
that I went in business for myself and he had no knowledge that I was going
to do it.
So there you have it-my side-to one of the greatest mysteries of all time.
In closing, I would just like to add something that I said many times before
the incident-and many times after--growing up I was a huge fan of Hulk
Hogan, the fact is that wrestling would have never-NEVER-reached the heights
it did without him. That translates into this-without Hulk Hogan Vince Russo
would have never achieved what he did in the wrestling business because in
my opinion the wrestling business would have probably not even existed. Hulk
Hogan paved the way for me-and many, many others. I can't thank him enough
for that. I've said on many occasions that I would work together with Hulk
Hogan in a heartbeat-and I mean that. With the lawsuit-I totally understand
where he was coming from-I was never shocked by it because I know why it
happened-but-I wish that we could both put it behind us. I wish that one day
I would be able to thank him for making my career in wrestling
possible-but-that is up to him.
Again-it all goes back to what this website is all about-doing our best to
walk in the footsteps of Jesus Christ--forgiving, forgetting, loving . . .
brotherhood--being united as one-for the good of us all.

--
http://www.wallpaper-world.net/

"Felicity" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:1122863909.757858[email protected]
>> Vince Russo is launching a new website
>> tonight at midnight. RingofGlory.com will
>> support Russo's upcoming Christian
>> wrestling shows
>
> Christian wrestling shows?
>
> I vaguely remember hearing something about Russo becoming a Christian
> but I didn't realise he'd gone as far as to build his wrestling
> industry future around it.

31 Jul 2005 22:06:30
Randolphio

GPB wrote:
> "Bash at the Beach"-Finally My Side
> By Vince Russo
> So why now? The answer is simple: I'm going to take a negative . . . and
> turn it into a positive; I'm going to take one of the most devastating
> nights in my life . . . and use it for God's Glory-to make people aware of
> him. I'm not going to lie to you---I needed a hook to bring people to "Ring
> of Glory", and this is it. And yes-I will stop at NOTHING-ABSOLUTELY
> NOTHING-to make people aware of Jesus Christ. If this story brings you to
> this website to witness the things that we are doing in the name of
> Christ-than my mission was accomplished.

What? Violence in the name of Christ? Why that's never been done before!

01 Aug 2005 05:50:57
Greg Grant 333
Re: Russo To Launch Wrestling Website Tonight And Discuss "Bash At The Beach"

"GPB @consolidated.net >" <Rawatson<nospam> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Bash at the Beach"-Finally My Side
> By Vince Russo
>
> I'm going to try to make this as short and succinct as I possibly can.

And you failed.
Deer RSPW, to save you you time and since I read this POS, here's Greg's
summary:
It was all a work.
Except Hogan got legit pissed off at what Russo said, despite knowing
beforehand that Russo was going to cut a "scathing" promo. When Russo
didn't call him the next day before Nitro, Hogan assumed he was
doublecrossed, and sued.
Russo claims he didn't call because Brad Siegel told him not to call,
because WCW didn't want to use Hogan as it cost too much money and Russo was
supposed to only call Hogan when he had a good storyline for his return.
Russo did not have it, so he did not call.
Oh, and he also wants to convert all of us.

01 Aug 2005 21:22:17
cathy
Re: Russo To Launch Wrestling Website Tonight And Discuss "Bash At The Beach"

Yada yada yada...
Thank hell for the Undertaker

--
*****
Cathy

"GPB @consolidated.net >" <Rawatson<nospam> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]
> [...]
day
> I would be able to thank him for making my career in wrestling
> possible-but-that is up to him.
> Again-it all goes back to what this website is all about-doing our best to
> walk in the footsteps of Jesus Christ--forgiving, forgetting, loving . . .
> brotherhood--being united as one-for the good of us all.
>

> --
> http://www.wallpaper-world.net/
>

> "Felicity" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >> Vince Russo is launching a new website
> >> tonight at midnight. RingofGlory.com will
> >> support Russo's upcoming Christian
> >> wrestling shows
> >
> > Christian wrestling shows?
> >
> > I vaguely remember hearing something about Russo becoming a Christian
> > but I didn't realise he'd gone as far as to build his wrestling

03 Aug 2005 17:21:00
Hack-Man

"GPB" <Rawatson<nospam >@consolidated.net> wrote:
| I will stop at NOTHING-ABSOLUTELY
| NOTHING-to make people aware of Jesus Christ.

Cool. I won't be aware unless Russo has strippers and high-priced
hookers.

SPAMguard: add a dash between "Hack" and "Man" to send me email
--
RSPW's most long-lasting poster
Voted "Most On-Topic Poster" in 2002 & 2003 & 2004 RSPW Poster Awards