31 Aug 2007 22:19:55
JeffH
Rate my 1st NFL Draft- I was wasted.....

man its not good to get wasted at a draft.... i am fucked.. here;s my
team

QB - 3rd pick - DREW BREES
QB 7th pick - tony homo of Dallas
RB 1st pick - one eyed willie parker
RB - 2nd pick - Maroney NEW ENGLAND
WR 4th pick - lee evans of buffalo
WR 5th pick - Chris Chambers of miami
WR 9th pick - Mark Furrey of Detroit
WR 11 th pick - Michael Jenkins of Atlanta (2 years in arow this guy
has been drafted and sucked but i like him for some odd reason)
TE - 8th pick - Vernon DAvis of SF
TE - 10th pick - Ben Watson of NEW ENGland
K 12th pick - DAVID AKERS
D 6th - CHICAGO DEFENSE
backups
---------
wr -13th pick ashley lelie
DEF - 14th Green Bay - hoping something good happens with the D
RB - 15th pick TJ duckett (stupid shit pick but he may have goal line)
QB- Alex Smith of SF

thats my draft... well one of them.. not that great i think but who
knows

31 Aug 2007 22:26:28
trijcomm
Re: Rate my 1st NFL Draft- I was wasted.....

On Sep 1, 12:19 am, JeffH <[email protected] > wrote:
> man its not good to get wasted at a draft.... i am fucked.. here;s my
> team
>
> QB - 3rd pick - DREW BREES
> QB 7th pick - tony homo of Dallas
> RB 1st pick - one eyed willie parker
> RB - 2nd pick - Maroney NEW ENGLAND
> WR 4th pick - lee evans of buffalo
> WR 5th pick - Chris Chambers of miami
> WR 9th pick - Mark Furrey of Detroit
> WR 11 th pick - Michael Jenkins of Atlanta (2 years in arow this guy
> has been drafted and sucked but i like him for some odd reason)
> TE - 8th pick - Vernon DAvis of SF
> TE - 10th pick - Ben Watson of NEW ENGland
> K 12th pick - DAVID AKERS
> D 6th - CHICAGO DEFENSE
> backups
> ---------
> wr -13th pick ashley lelie
> DEF - 14th Green Bay - hoping something good happens with the D
> RB - 15th pick TJ duckett (stupid shit pick but he may have goal line)
> QB- Alex Smith of SF
>
> thats my draft... well one of them.. not that great i think but who
> knows

Furrey, Jenkins and Lelie should be cut immediately. Curry, Porter and
Curtis are better than them and they may all be available in your
league. Also cut the GB D -- good grief, man! NEVER pick two Ds! You
can always find a decent D in the waiver pool for the bye week!

01 Sep 2007 00:32:39
Peck
Re: Rate my 1st NFL Draft- I was wasted.....

On Sep 1, 12:19 am, JeffH <[email protected] > wrote:
> man its not good to get wasted at a draft.... i am fucked.. here;s my
> team
>
> QB - 3rd pick - DREW BREES
> QB 7th pick - tony homo of Dallas
> RB 1st pick - one eyed willie parker
> RB - 2nd pick - Maroney NEW ENGLAND
> WR 4th pick - lee evans of buffalo
> WR 5th pick - Chris Chambers of miami
> WR 9th pick - Mark Furrey of Detroit
> WR 11 th pick - Michael Jenkins of Atlanta (2 years in arow this guy
> has been drafted and sucked but i like him for some odd reason)
> TE - 8th pick - Vernon DAvis of SF
> TE - 10th pick - Ben Watson of NEW ENGland
> K 12th pick - DAVID AKERS
> D 6th - CHICAGO DEFENSE
> backups
> ---------

you took two Wisconsin Badgers in the first 5 picks

IOW, you lose

01 Sep 2007 11:26:54
JeffH

On Sep 1, 1:26?am, trijcomm <[email protected] > wrote:
> On Sep 1, 12:19 am, JeffH <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > man its not good to get wasted at a draft.... i am fucked.. here;s my
> > team
>
> > QB - 3rd pick - DREW BREES
> > QB 7th pick - tony homo of Dallas
> > RB 1st pick - one eyed willie parker
> > RB - 2nd pick - Maroney NEW ENGLAND
> > WR 4th pick - lee evans of buffalo
> > WR 5th pick - Chris Chambers of miami
> > WR 9th pick - Mark Furrey of Detroit
> > WR 11 th pick - Michael Jenkins of Atlanta (2 years in arow this guy
> > has been drafted and sucked but i like him for some odd reason)
> > TE - 8th pick - Vernon DAvis of SF
> > TE - 10th pick - Ben Watson of NEW ENGland
> > K 12th pick - DAVID AKERS
> > D 6th - CHICAGO DEFENSE
> > backups
> > ---------
> > wr -13th pick ashley lelie
> > DEF - 14th Green Bay - hoping something good happens with the D
> > RB - 15th pick TJ duckett (stupid shit pick but he may have goal line)
> > QB- Alex Smith of SF
>
> > thats my draft... well one of them.. not that great i think but who
> > knows
>
> Furrey, Jenkins and Lelie should be cut immediately. Curry, Porter and
> Curtis are better than them and they may all be available in your
> league. Also cut the GB D -- good grief, man! NEVER pick two Ds! You
> can always find a decent D in the waiver pool for the bye week!

Furrey is pretty good. Jenkins had a decent pre-season from what I
read as did Lelie. Receivers are easy to find anyway and the GB
defense is just a sleeper cause they could end up being very good or
could be very bad. I probably will drop them after a few weeks.

We'll see what happens, It's hard to predict these things. Some guys
have bad seasons and then turn it around and hopefully that'll be the
case for Jenkins and Lelie otherwise theyll be dropped quickly.

01 Sep 2007 16:15:38
s0183616

JeffH wrote:
> man its not good to get wasted at a draft.... i am fucked.. here;s my
> team
>
> QB - 3rd pick - DREW BREES
> QB 7th pick - tony homo of Dallas
> RB 1st pick - one eyed willie parker
> RB - 2nd pick - Maroney NEW ENGLAND
> WR 4th pick - lee evans of buffalo
> WR 5th pick - Chris Chambers of miami
> WR 9th pick - Mark Furrey of Detroit
> WR 11 th pick - Michael Jenkins of Atlanta (2 years in arow this guy
> has been drafted and sucked but i like him for some odd reason)
> TE - 8th pick - Vernon DAvis of SF
> TE - 10th pick - Ben Watson of NEW ENGland
> K 12th pick - DAVID AKERS
> D 6th - CHICAGO DEFENSE
> backups
> ---------
> wr -13th pick ashley lelie
> DEF - 14th Green Bay - hoping something good happens with the D
> RB - 15th pick TJ duckett (stupid shit pick but he may have goal line)
> QB- Alex Smith of SF
>
> thats my draft... well one of them.. not that great i think but who
> knows

Very bad. You never take a D with pick 6. Brees is not quite worth a
third round pick. Apparently you were near the end of the draft order.
If so, Parker and Maroney are OK picks. Chris Chambers would probably
have been available later. Jenkins would definitely have been around
later. You only have 3 RBs. That's nowhere near enough. You have two
TE's. That's freaking insane. You have two DEFs. Really bad move.
You have 3 QBs. Why?

01 Sep 2007 22:32:24
JeffH

On Sep 1, 4:15?pm, s0183616 <[email protected] > wrote:
> JeffH wrote:
> > man its not good to get wasted at a draft.... i am fucked.. here;s my
> > team
>
> > QB - 3rd pick - DREW BREES
> > QB 7th pick - tony homo of Dallas
> > RB 1st pick - one eyed willie parker
> > RB - 2nd pick - Maroney NEW ENGLAND
> > WR 4th pick - lee evans of buffalo
> > WR 5th pick - Chris Chambers of miami
> > WR 9th pick - Mark Furrey of Detroit
> > WR 11 th pick - Michael Jenkins of Atlanta (2 years in arow this guy
> > has been drafted and sucked but i like him for some odd reason)
> > TE - 8th pick - Vernon DAvis of SF
> > TE - 10th pick - Ben Watson of NEW ENGland
> > K 12th pick - DAVID AKERS
> > D 6th - CHICAGO DEFENSE
> > backups
> > ---------
> > wr -13th pick ashley lelie
> > DEF - 14th Green Bay - hoping something good happens with the D
> > RB - 15th pick TJ duckett (stupid shit pick but he may have goal line)
> > QB- Alex Smith of SF
>
> > thats my draft... well one of them.. not that great i think but who
> > knows
>
> Very bad. You never take a D with pick 6.
--The Chicago defense is an acception I think. I never did that before
and it was there for the taking and I figure I have a chance to fix
certain parts throughout the season. I know what I am doing. This isnt
a big money league anyway. Its just a family league.

Brees is not quite worth a
> third round pick.
--Sure he is once you have 2 solid RBacks.
?Apparently you were near the end of the draft order.
---correct
> If so, Parker and Maroney are OK picks. Chris Chambers would probably
> have been available later.
---Maybe but I like Chambers.
?Jenkins would definitely have been around
> later.
-- Got a hunch he may have a good year.. ill drop him after 2 games if
hes not doing shit.

?You only have 3 RBs.
--- Can only start 2 a week and 1 on the bench is fine for me. Its
worked in this league over the years.
?That's nowhere near enough. ?You have two
> TE's.
Yeah... Davis and Watson! Those two could have breakout years this
year. Especially Watson. Theres gonna be so much focus on the Moss and
Stallworth that Watson will be wide open for Brady and they have good
chemistry.
?That's freaking insane. ?You have two DEFs. ?Really bad move.
--- Thank you Genius Football Fantasy God.

> You have 3 QBs. Why?-
I like to have a variety depending on weekly matchups. Sometimes its
smart to do.

02 Sep 2007 08:58:47

On Sep 1, 1:26 pm, JeffH <[email protected] > wrote:
> On Sep 1, 1:26?am, trijcomm <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > On Sep 1, 12:19 am, JeffH <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > man its not good to get wasted at a draft.... i am fucked.. here;s my
> > > team
>
> > > QB - 3rd pick - DREW BREES
> > > QB 7th pick - tony homo of Dallas
> > > RB 1st pick - one eyed willie parker
> > > RB - 2nd pick - Maroney NEW ENGLAND
> > > WR 4th pick - lee evans of buffalo
> > > WR 5th pick - Chris Chambers of miami
> > > WR 9th pick - Mark Furrey of Detroit
> > > WR 11 th pick - Michael Jenkins of Atlanta (2 years in arow this guy
> > > has been drafted and sucked but i like him for some odd reason)
> > > TE - 8th pick - Vernon DAvis of SF
> > > TE - 10th pick - Ben Watson of NEW ENGland
> > > K 12th pick - DAVID AKERS
> > > D 6th - CHICAGO DEFENSE
> > > backups
> > > ---------
> > > wr -13th pick ashley lelie
> > > DEF - 14th Green Bay - hoping something good happens with the D
> > > RB - 15th pick TJ duckett (stupid shit pick but he may have goal line)
> > > QB- Alex Smith of SF
>
> > > thats my draft... well one of them.. not that great i think but who
> > > knows
>
> > Furrey, Jenkins and Lelie should be cut immediately. Curry, Porter and
> > Curtis are better than them and they may all be available in your
> > league. Also cut the GB D -- good grief, man! NEVER pick two Ds! You
> > can always find a decent D in the waiver pool for the bye week!
>
> Furrey is pretty good. Jenkins had a decent pre-season from what I
> read as did Lelie. Receivers are easy to find anyway and the GB
> defense is just a sleeper cause they could end up being very good or
> could be very bad. I probably will drop them after a few weeks.
>
> We'll see what happens, It's hard to predict these things. Some guys
> have bad seasons and then turn it around and hopefully that'll be the
> case for Jenkins and Lelie otherwise theyll be dropped quickly.- Hide quoted text -

Roy Williams and Johnson are both ahead of Furrey. If you want a #3
receiver on your team, then that's up to you. He won't do much. As for
pre-season -- who the heck cares? The goal is to not have your
starters get hurt. That's why they only play a little in each game --
and that's why pre-season doesn't mean squat. Harrington will be
throwing to Jenkins and that means a bad season. Heck, even when Vick
was there, Jenkins didn't do much. It will be even worse this time
around with Harrington and his lack of familiarity with his receivers.
Lelie isn't even a starter. Well, it's your team. You asked for
opinions.

02 Sep 2007 09:04:16

On Sep 1, 3:15 pm, s0183616 <[email protected] > wrote:
> JeffH wrote:
> > man its not good to get wasted at a draft.... i am fucked.. here;s my
> > team
>
> > QB - 3rd pick - DREW BREES
> > QB 7th pick - tony homo of Dallas
> > RB 1st pick - one eyed willie parker
> > RB - 2nd pick - Maroney NEW ENGLAND
> > WR 4th pick - lee evans of buffalo
> > WR 5th pick - Chris Chambers of miami
> > WR 9th pick - Mark Furrey of Detroit
> > WR 11 th pick - Michael Jenkins of Atlanta (2 years in arow this guy
> > has been drafted and sucked but i like him for some odd reason)
> > TE - 8th pick - Vernon DAvis of SF
> > TE - 10th pick - Ben Watson of NEW ENGland
> > K 12th pick - DAVID AKERS
> > D 6th - CHICAGO DEFENSE
> > backups
> > ---------
> > wr -13th pick ashley lelie
> > DEF - 14th Green Bay - hoping something good happens with the D
> > RB - 15th pick TJ duckett (stupid shit pick but he may have goal line)
> > QB- Alex Smith of SF
>
> > thats my draft... well one of them.. not that great i think but who
> > knows
>
> Very bad. You never take a D with pick 6. Brees is not quite worth a
> third round pick. Apparently you were near the end of the draft order.
> If so, Parker and Maroney are OK picks. Chris Chambers would probably
> have been available later. Jenkins would definitely have been around
> later. You only have 3 RBs. That's nowhere near enough. You have two
> TE's. That's freaking insane. You have two DEFs. Really bad move.
> You have 3 QBs. Why?- Hide quoted text -

A.) The Bears D is an exception, though. They score TDs on TOs and
will help you. If a league gives six points for TD passes, picking
Brees third isn't bad. Most FF experts have him in the top three
rounds, if not the top two. Chris Chambers isn't all that hot either.
He was an absolute flop last year and with Trent Green there this time
around, more of the same. Three QBs are normally too many, but if you
have a deep draft like 16 rounds in a 12-team league, you'd better get
three because there won't be any left on waivers if you need one
later. Finally, I agree that three RBs aren't enough. But if they are
all picked through and there's a better player available, why burn a
pick on a bunch of bad RBs who won't have much PT? Heck, that kind of
RB will always be available on the wire.

02 Sep 2007 09:06:55

On Sep 2, 12:32 am, JeffH <[email protected] > wrote:
> On Sep 1, 4:15?pm, s0183616 <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > JeffH wrote:
> > > man its not good to get wasted at a draft.... i am fucked.. here;s my
> > > team
>
> > > QB - 3rd pick - DREW BREES
> > > QB 7th pick - tony homo of Dallas
> > > RB 1st pick - one eyed willie parker
> > > RB - 2nd pick - Maroney NEW ENGLAND
> > > WR 4th pick - lee evans of buffalo
> > > WR 5th pick - Chris Chambers of miami
> > > WR 9th pick - Mark Furrey of Detroit
> > > WR 11 th pick - Michael Jenkins of Atlanta (2 years in arow this guy
> > > has been drafted and sucked but i like him for some odd reason)
> > > TE - 8th pick - Vernon DAvis of SF
> > > TE - 10th pick - Ben Watson of NEW ENGland
> > > K 12th pick - DAVID AKERS
> > > D 6th - CHICAGO DEFENSE
> > > backups
> > > ---------
> > > wr -13th pick ashley lelie
> > > DEF - 14th Green Bay - hoping something good happens with the D
> > > RB - 15th pick TJ duckett (stupid shit pick but he may have goal line)
> > > QB- Alex Smith of SF
>
> > > thats my draft... well one of them.. not that great i think but who
> > > knows
>
> > Very bad. You never take a D with pick 6.
>
> --The Chicago defense is an acception I think. I never did that before
> and it was there for the taking and I figure I have a chance to fix
> certain parts throughout the season. I know what I am doing. This isnt
> a big money league anyway. Its just a family league.
>
> Brees is not quite worth a> third round pick.
>
> --Sure he is once you have 2 solid RBacks.
> ?Apparently you were near the end of the draft order.
> ---correct> If so, Parker and Maroney are OK picks. Chris Chambers would probably
> > have been available later.
>
> ---Maybe but I like Chambers.
> ?Jenkins would definitely have been around> later.
>
> -- Got a hunch he may have a good year.. ill drop him after 2 games if
> hes not doing shit.
>
> ?You only have 3 RBs.
> --- Can only start 2 a week and 1 on the bench is fine for me. Its
> worked in this league over the years.
> ?That's nowhere near enough. ?You have two> TE's.
>
> Yeah... Davis and Watson! Those two could have breakout years this
> year. Especially Watson. Theres gonna be so much focus on the Moss and
> Stallworth that Watson will be wide open for Brady and they have good
> chemistry.
> ?That's freaking insane. ?You have two DEFs. ?Really bad move.
> --- Thank you Genius Football Fantasy God.
>
> > You have 3 QBs. Why?-
>
> I like to have a variety depending on weekly matchups. Sometimes its
> smart to do.- Hide quoted text -

I can't ever see a situation where you'd play Smith over either Romo
or Brees, and it would be a very, very rare occasion where I can see
playing Romo over Brees. Brees has Bush coming out of the backfield --
almost another #1 WR -- and he will rack up the passing yards against
just about anybody.

02 Sep 2007 17:59:44
Alan Smithee
Re: Rate my 1st NFL Draft- I was wasted.....

"s0183616" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Very bad. You never take a D with pick 6. Brees is not quite worth a
> third round pick. Apparently you were near the end of the draft order. If
> so, Parker and Maroney are OK picks. Chris Chambers would probably have
> been available later. Jenkins would definitely have been around later.
> You only have 3 RBs. That's nowhere near enough. You have two TE's.
> That's freaking insane. You have two DEFs. Really bad move. You have 3
> QBs. Why?

Although he probably picked them too early, you should have two TEs and two
DEFs (and a second kicker, which he doesn't have) to cover your bye week for
your starters.

I agree with you on his RB and QB situation.

Alan Smithee

02 Sep 2007 12:24:30
Peck
Re: Rate my 1st NFL Draft- I was wasted.....

On Sep 1, 1:26 pm, JeffH <[email protected] > wrote:
> On Sep 1, 1:26?am, trijcomm <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > On Sep 1, 12:19 am, JeffH <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > man its not good to get wasted at a draft.... i am fucked.. here;s my
> > > team
>
> > > QB - 3rd pick - DREW BREES
> > > QB 7th pick - tony homo of Dallas
> > > RB 1st pick - one eyed willie parker
> > > RB - 2nd pick - Maroney NEW ENGLAND
> > > WR 4th pick - lee evans of buffalo
> > > WR 5th pick - Chris Chambers of miami
> > > WR 9th pick - Mark Furrey of Detroit
> > > WR 11 th pick - Michael Jenkins of Atlanta (2 years in arow this guy
> > > has been drafted and sucked but i like him for some odd reason)
> > > TE - 8th pick - Vernon DAvis of SF
> > > TE - 10th pick - Ben Watson of NEW ENGland
> > > K 12th pick - DAVID AKERS
> > > D 6th - CHICAGO DEFENSE
> > > backups
> > > ---------
> > > wr -13th pick ashley lelie
> > > DEF - 14th Green Bay - hoping something good happens with the D
> > > RB - 15th pick TJ duckett (stupid shit pick but he may have goal line)
> > > QB- Alex Smith of SF
>
> > > thats my draft... well one of them.. not that great i think but who
> > > knows
>
> > Furrey, Jenkins and Lelie should be cut immediately. Curry, Porter and
> > Curtis are better than them and they may all be available in your
> > league. Also cut the GB D -- good grief, man! NEVER pick two Ds! You
> > can always find a decent D in the waiver pool for the bye week!
>
> Furrey is pretty good.

if he was "pretty good", Detroit wouldn't have taken a WR with the 2nd
pick in the draft. He's pretty good in the sense that there are 100
WRs in the NFL as good or better than he is.

I actually like Jenkins this year (more than Joe Horn, who's being
taken significantly higher in most drafts).

02 Sep 2007 14:07:29
trijcomm
Re: Rate my 1st NFL Draft- I was wasted.....

On Sep 2, 12:59 pm, "Alan Smithee" <[email protected] >
wrote:
> "s0183616" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]
>

> > Very bad. You never take a D with pick 6. Brees is not quite worth a
> > third round pick. Apparently you were near the end of the draft order. If
> > so, Parker and Maroney are OK picks. Chris Chambers would probably have
> > been available later. Jenkins would definitely have been around later.
> > You only have 3 RBs. That's nowhere near enough. You have two TE's.
> > That's freaking insane. You have two DEFs. Really bad move. You have 3
> > QBs. Why?
>
> Although he probably picked them too early, you should have two TEs and two
> DEFs (and a second kicker, which he doesn't have) to cover your bye week for
> your starters.
>
> I agree with you on his RB and QB situation.
>
> Alan Smithee

Wrong. You DON'T cover bye weeks for your Defense or TEs because those
on the waiver wire are just as good as the ones you burn a roster
space for. When it comes time for the Defense or TE bye week, you
either cut the defense and pick up another (they are a dime a dozen
unless you have the Bears or Ravens, like he does) and the same goes
for the TE, or else you cut somebody else. Never waste a roster space
for a backup TE/D when you can just as easily pick one up who has just
as much talent on the waiver wire.

02 Sep 2007 14:11:44

On Sep 2, 2:24 pm, Peck <[email protected] > wrote:
> On Sep 1, 1:26 pm, JeffH <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Furrey, Jenkins and Lelie should be cut immediately. Curry, Porter and
> > > Curtis are better than them and they may all be available in your
> > > league. Also cut the GB D -- good grief, man! NEVER pick two Ds! You
> > > can always find a decent D in the waiver pool for the bye week!
>
> > Furrey is pretty good.
>
> if he was "pretty good", Detroit wouldn't have taken a WR with the 2nd
> pick in the draft. He's pretty good in the sense that there are 100
> WRs in the NFL as good or better than he is.
>
> I actually like Jenkins this year (more than Joe Horn, who's being
> taken significantly higher in most drafts).- Hide quoted text -

Jenkins scored 7 TDs last year, but had less than 500 yards in
receptions. That isn't very good. As far as your rationale on Furrey,
not necessarily true. Johnson was seen as the player of the draft this
year and even Oakland was thinking of taking him instead of Jamarcus
Russell (obviously with the situation the Raiders are going through
with Russell, perhaps they should have taken Johnson). When you have a
player like that available, many folks say it doesn't matter who you
have at that position, you draft the guy anyway. But the bottom line
is that Furrey is a WR3 on the Lions and I wouldn't touch a WR3 for a
FF team.

03 Sep 2007 00:26:08
Alan Smithee
Re: Rate my 1st NFL Draft- I was wasted.....

"trijcomm" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Wrong. You DON'T cover bye weeks for your Defense or TEs because those
> on the waiver wire are just as good as the ones you burn a roster
> space for. When it comes time for the Defense or TE bye week, you
> either cut the defense and pick up another (they are a dime a dozen
> unless you have the Bears or Ravens, like he does) and the same goes
> for the TE, or else you cut somebody else. Never waste a roster space
> for a backup TE/D when you can just as easily pick one up who has just
> as much talent on the waiver wire.

Not when you have a limited number of roster moves.

Alan Smithee

03 Sep 2007 09:27:45
Peck

On Sep 2, 4:11 pm, trijcomm <[email protected] > wrote:
> On Sep 2, 2:24 pm, Peck <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Furrey is pretty good.
>
> > if he was "pretty good", Detroit wouldn't have taken a WR with the 2nd
> > pick in the draft. He's pretty good in the sense that there are 100
> > WRs in the NFL as good or better than he is.
>
> > I actually like Jenkins this year (more than Joe Horn, who's being
> > taken significantly higher in most drafts).- Hide quoted text -

> Jenkins scored 7 TDs last year, but had less than 500 yards in
> receptions. That isn't very good.

He also had Michael Vick as his quarterback, which isn't very good.
ASSUMING that Harrington starts 16 games for Atlanta, I think he'll
finish with more passing yards, TDs, and a higher rating than Vick did
last season.

The Falcons were the worst passing offense in football last season
(167.6 YPG). I'd be stunned if that were the case in 2007, and I think
Jenkins (as the best WR on the team) will benefit from a coaching
improvement and (most likely) a better pure passer at quarterback. I
think the TDs might stay the same (7 or 8) but the yardage shoots up
to the 900+ range, which would make him a value pick in most fantasy
drafts when you consider where he's getting picked. He's a bona-fide
sleeper this year because he's a player who could bust into the top 15-
top 20 range in fantasy football.

> As far as your rationale on Furrey,
> not necessarily true. Johnson was seen as the player of the draft this
> year and even Oakland was thinking of taking him instead of Jamarcus
> Russell (obviously with the situation the Raiders are going through
> with Russell, perhaps they should have taken Johnson).

That doesn't really prove much, though, because Oakland had a need at
wideout that was just as big as their need at QB. If they DIDN'T need
a top-flight WR and they still considered taking Johnson, you might be
on to something.

I just don't think you can go very far with Mike Furrey as your #2 WR.
I know he caught a lot of passes, but the Lions also threw the ball
more than anyone else in the NFL and ANYONE who found their way into
the #2 WR spot for that offense was going to catch a lot of passes. I
don't know of 5 other teams in the NFL where Mike Furrey would start
at wide receiver.

I mostly agree with the rest of your post.

03 Sep 2007 19:40:07
s0183616

Alan Smithee wrote:
> "s0183616" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Very bad. You never take a D with pick 6. Brees is not quite worth a
>> third round pick. Apparently you were near the end of the draft order. If
>> so, Parker and Maroney are OK picks. Chris Chambers would probably have
>> been available later. Jenkins would definitely have been around later.
>> You only have 3 RBs. That's nowhere near enough. You have two TE's.
>> That's freaking insane. You have two DEFs. Really bad move. You have 3
>> QBs. Why?
>
> Although he probably picked them too early, you should have two TEs and two
> DEFs (and a second kicker, which he doesn't have) to cover your bye week for
> your starters.
>
> I agree with you on his RB and QB situation.

Naah. Use free agency to fill the bye. There's always a DEF available
and TEs pretty much suck universally except for the elite ones.

With the two picks you save, take a couple flyers on RBs.

03 Sep 2007 19:41:25
s0183616

Alan Smithee wrote:
> "trijcomm" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
>> Wrong. You DON'T cover bye weeks for your Defense or TEs because those
>> on the waiver wire are just as good as the ones you burn a roster
>> space for. When it comes time for the Defense or TE bye week, you
>> either cut the defense and pick up another (they are a dime a dozen
>> unless you have the Bears or Ravens, like he does) and the same goes
>> for the TE, or else you cut somebody else. Never waste a roster space
>> for a backup TE/D when you can just as easily pick one up who has just
>> as much talent on the waiver wire.
>>

> Not when you have a limited number of roster moves.

That could be a consideration, but, depending on how scoring works, you
might just not fill the spot on the bye week.

03 Sep 2007 15:10:59
the Bede
Re: Rate my 1st NFL Draft- I was wasted.....

"s0183616" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Alan Smithee wrote:
> > "s0183616" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> >> Very bad. You never take a D with pick 6. Brees is not quite worth a
> >> third round pick. Apparently you were near the end of the draft order.
If
> >> so, Parker and Maroney are OK picks. Chris Chambers would probably
have
> >> been available later. Jenkins would definitely have been around later.
> >> You only have 3 RBs. That's nowhere near enough. You have two TE's.
> >> That's freaking insane. You have two DEFs. Really bad move. You have
3
> >> QBs. Why?
> >
> > Although he probably picked them too early, you should have two TEs and
two
> > DEFs (and a second kicker, which he doesn't have) to cover your bye week
for
> > your starters.
> >
> > I agree with you on his RB and QB situation.
>
> Naah. Use free agency to fill the bye. There's always a DEF available
> and TEs pretty much suck universally except for the elite ones.
>
> With the two picks you save, take a couple flyers on RBs.

IAWTFFBP.

also, Drew Brees is going for 5,000 yards this year.

03 Sep 2007 17:53:18

On Sep 3, 2:41 pm, s0183616 <[email protected] > wrote:
> Alan Smithee wrote:
> > "trijcomm" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]
>
> >> Wrong. You DON'T cover bye weeks for your Defense or TEs because those
> >> on the waiver wire are just as good as the ones you burn a roster
> >> space for. When it comes time for the Defense or TE bye week, you
> >> either cut the defense and pick up another (they are a dime a dozen
> >> unless you have the Bears or Ravens, like he does) and the same goes
> >> for the TE, or else you cut somebody else. Never waste a roster space
> >> for a backup TE/D when you can just as easily pick one up who has just
> >> as much talent on the waiver wire.
>
> > Not when you have a limited number of roster moves.
>
> That could be a consideration, but, depending on how scoring works, you
> might just not fill the spot on the bye week.

I'm not saying you don't cover a position for its bye week because you
would kick yourself if you lost because you left the position open.
However, to burn a roster spot on a second Defense seems pretty
ridiculous to me. You don't get a backup just for the bye week. You
get a backup for injury replacement, and it's not like an entire
defense is going to be out due to injury. I would simply take one
defense and use the roster spot elsewhere. Usually when it comes time
for the D bye week, there is some guy on your roster who is borderline
productive, such as a fifth WR or a second TE. I would cut that guy
and bring in another D and then get rid of the second D immediately
since you won't need it the rest of the way through. Either that or
just cut the D right out, pick up another D. There is no need to pick
up a second D, kicker or even a TE. Second-string TEs are all the same
-- very unproductive.