30 Aug 2003 00:24:45
garfangle
Would the sport of paintball make a good animated cartoon?

Although many have bitched on this board about the impracticality of
live-action paintball as a televised event, primarily because of the
nature of play/competition make it unwatchable/boring, I believe it
could be successfully made into an animated cartoon series or even
film. By animating the action it would allow the show to present the
game fully without having the appearance of surrealism in a
live-action presentation. Angles that could not be shown on real
video would be drawn in. Voice dialogue in animation would be
understood. The storyline could be exaggerated without being phony.

However, the animation style that I'd prefer would be that of Japanese
animation or anime rather than a Groenig (Simpsons) or Klaspy-Cuspo
(Rugrats) to keep the characters/environment realistic (A Japanese
studio like Gainax or Mad House). Also, the visual style would allow
for more intense action. The show could center around a 16 yr old kid
newbie's efforts to become a paintball tournament champion through an
assembly of an eclectic band of teammates. I know it seems rehashed
and simplistic but that is what has sustained anime series that
revolve around the same concept of tournament battling for
innumberable episodes, Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, and Beyblade (not to mention
other series which have yet to be imported or are still just on
video/DVD).

Comments?

30 Aug 2003 16:28:22
NorthSidePK
Re: Would the sport of paintball make a good animated cartoon?

I would watch it
"garfangle" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Although many have bitched on this board about the impracticality of
> live-action paintball as a televised event, primarily because of the
> nature of play/competition make it unwatchable/boring, I believe it
> could be successfully made into an animated cartoon series or even
> film. By animating the action it would allow the show to present the
> game fully without having the appearance of surrealism in a
> live-action presentation. Angles that could not be shown on real
> video would be drawn in. Voice dialogue in animation would be
> understood. The storyline could be exaggerated without being phony.
>
> However, the animation style that I'd prefer would be that of Japanese
> animation or anime rather than a Groenig (Simpsons) or Klaspy-Cuspo
> (Rugrats) to keep the characters/environment realistic (A Japanese
> studio like Gainax or Mad House). Also, the visual style would allow
> for more intense action. The show could center around a 16 yr old kid
> newbie's efforts to become a paintball tournament champion through an
> assembly of an eclectic band of teammates. I know it seems rehashed
> and simplistic but that is what has sustained anime series that
> revolve around the same concept of tournament battling for
> innumberable episodes, Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, and Beyblade (not to mention
> other series which have yet to be imported or are still just on
> video/DVD).
>
> Comments?

30 Aug 2003 16:35:25
Someone
Re: Would the sport of paintball make a good animated cartoon?

Are you testing the waters here? Can you make it happen?

"garfangle" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Although many have bitched on this board about the impracticality of
> live-action paintball as a televised event, primarily because of the
> nature of play/competition make it unwatchable/boring, I believe it
> could be successfully made into an animated cartoon series or even
> film. By animating the action it would allow the show to present the
> game fully without having the appearance of surrealism in a
> live-action presentation. Angles that could not be shown on real
> video would be drawn in. Voice dialogue in animation would be
> understood. The storyline could be exaggerated without being phony.
>
> However, the animation style that I'd prefer would be that of Japanese
> animation or anime rather than a Groenig (Simpsons) or Klaspy-Cuspo
> (Rugrats) to keep the characters/environment realistic (A Japanese
> studio like Gainax or Mad House). Also, the visual style would allow
> for more intense action. The show could center around a 16 yr old kid
> newbie's efforts to become a paintball tournament champion through an
> assembly of an eclectic band of teammates. I know it seems rehashed
> and simplistic but that is what has sustained anime series that
> revolve around the same concept of tournament battling for
> innumberable episodes, Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, and Beyblade (not to mention
> other series which have yet to be imported or are still just on
> video/DVD).
>
> Comments?

30 Aug 2003 13:10:39
Michael Hughes
Re: Would the sport of paintball make a good animated cartoon?

eh, personally i cant stand that anime crap.... but hell, it might work.

> [...]

> video would be drawn in. Voice dialogue in animation would be
> understood. The storyline could be exaggerated without being phony.
>
> However, the animation style that I'd prefer would be that of Japanese
> animation or anime rather than a Groenig (Simpsons) or Klaspy-Cuspo
> (Rugrats) to keep the characters/environment realistic (A Japanese
> studio like Gainax or Mad House). Also, the visual style would allow
> for more intense action. The show could center around a 16 yr old kid
> newbie's efforts to become a paintball tournament champion through an
> assembly of an eclectic band of teammates. I know it seems rehashed
> and simplistic but that is what has sustained anime series that
> revolve around the same concept of tournament battling for
> innumberable episodes, Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, and Beyblade (not to mention
> other series which have yet to be imported or are still just on

30 Aug 2003 13:11:20
Michael Hughes
Re: Would the sport of paintball make a good animated cartoon?

but yeah your right i'd probably watch it.

"Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> [...]

> > video would be drawn in. Voice dialogue in animation would be
> > understood. The storyline could be exaggerated without being phony.
> >
> > However, the animation style that I'd prefer would be that of Japanese
> > animation or anime rather than a Groenig (Simpsons) or Klaspy-Cuspo
> > (Rugrats) to keep the characters/environment realistic (A Japanese
> > studio like Gainax or Mad House). Also, the visual style would allow
> > for more intense action. The show could center around a 16 yr old kid
> > newbie's efforts to become a paintball tournament champion through an
> > assembly of an eclectic band of teammates. I know it seems rehashed
> > and simplistic but that is what has sustained anime series that
> > revolve around the same concept of tournament battling for
> > innumberable episodes, Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, and Beyblade (not to mention
> > other series which have yet to be imported or are still just on

30 Aug 2003 17:40:19
Jason G
Re: Would the sport of paintball make a good animated cartoon?

[email protected] (garfangle) made obeisance before Us and spake thusly:
>Although many have bitched on this board about the impracticality of
>live-action paintball as a televised event, primarily because of the
>nature of play/competition make it unwatchable/boring, I believe it
>could be successfully made into an animated cartoon series or even
>film. By animating the action it would allow the show to present the
>game fully without having the appearance of surrealism in a
>live-action presentation. Angles that could not be shown on real
>video would be drawn in. Voice dialogue in animation would be
>understood. The storyline could be exaggerated without being phony.
>
>However, the animation style that I'd prefer would be that of Japanese
>animation or anime rather than a Groenig (Simpsons) or Klaspy-Cuspo
>(Rugrats) to keep the characters/environment realistic (A Japanese
>studio like Gainax or Mad House). Also, the visual style would allow
>for more intense action. The show could center around a 16 yr old kid
>newbie's efforts to become a paintball tournament champion through an
>assembly of an eclectic band of teammates. I know it seems rehashed
>and simplistic but that is what has sustained anime series that
>revolve around the same concept of tournament battling for
>innumberable episodes, Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, and Beyblade (not to mention
>other series which have yet to be imported or are still just on
>video/DVD).
>
>Comments?

Yes. You really need to turn of the Cartoon Network and go get laid.

--
Jason G
"Why, I'm as perky as Marlo Thomas with a lemon-lime douche."

30 Aug 2003 13:14:59
Space Cadet
Re: Would the sport of paintball make a good animated cartoon?

I'm sure my kids would watch it! Perhaps add an adult mentor with a
sense of humor ala Jackie Chan...

SC

On 30 Aug 2003 00:24:45 -0700, [email protected] (garfangle)
wrote:

>Although many have bitched on this board about the impracticality of
>live-action paintball as a televised event, primarily because of the
>nature of play/competition make it unwatchable/boring, I believe it
>could be successfully made into an animated cartoon series or even
>film. By animating the action it would allow the show to present the
>game fully without having the appearance of surrealism in a
>live-action presentation. Angles that could not be shown on real
>video would be drawn in. Voice dialogue in animation would be
>understood. The storyline could be exaggerated without being phony.
>
>However, the animation style that I'd prefer would be that of Japanese
>animation or anime rather than a Groenig (Simpsons) or Klaspy-Cuspo
>(Rugrats) to keep the characters/environment realistic (A Japanese
>studio like Gainax or Mad House). Also, the visual style would allow
>for more intense action. The show could center around a 16 yr old kid
>newbie's efforts to become a paintball tournament champion through an
>assembly of an eclectic band of teammates. I know it seems rehashed
>and simplistic but that is what has sustained anime series that
>revolve around the same concept of tournament battling for
>innumberable episodes, Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, and Beyblade (not to mention
>other series which have yet to be imported or are still just on
>video/DVD).
>
>Comments?

30 Aug 2003 14:58:09
Michael Hughes
Re: Would the sport of paintball make a good animated cartoon?

or even better, a wise ass mentor with alot of sarcasm/cynicism...hey
jeff....

"Space Cadet" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> [...]

> >video would be drawn in. Voice dialogue in animation would be
> >understood. The storyline could be exaggerated without being phony.
> >
> >However, the animation style that I'd prefer would be that of Japanese
> >animation or anime rather than a Groenig (Simpsons) or Klaspy-Cuspo
> >(Rugrats) to keep the characters/environment realistic (A Japanese
> >studio like Gainax or Mad House). Also, the visual style would allow
> >for more intense action. The show could center around a 16 yr old kid
> >newbie's efforts to become a paintball tournament champion through an
> >assembly of an eclectic band of teammates. I know it seems rehashed
> >and simplistic but that is what has sustained anime series that
> >revolve around the same concept of tournament battling for
> >innumberable episodes, Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, and Beyblade (not to mention
> >other series which have yet to be imported or are still just on

30 Aug 2003 17:23:07
Michael Hughes
Re: Would the sport of paintball make a good animated cartoon?

if it would air .... ;)

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I'm free for the one episode it would air... ;)
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD
> It's not a god complex when you're always right
> http://www.goslin.info
>

> "Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > or even better, a wise ass mentor with alot of sarcasm/cynicism...hey
> > jeff....
> >

> > "Space Cadet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > I'm sure my kids would watch it! Perhaps add an adult mentor with a
> > > sense of humor ala Jackie Chan...
> > >
> > > SC

Japanese

> > or even better, a wise ass mentor with alot of sarcasm/cynicism...hey
> > jeff....
> >

> > "Space Cadet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > I'm sure my kids would watch it! Perhaps add an adult mentor with a
> > > sense of humor ala Jackie Chan...
> > >
> > > SC

Japanese

if it would air .... ;)

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I'm free for the one episode it would air... ;)
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD
> It's not a god complex when you're always right
> http://www.goslin.info
>

> "Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > or even better, a wise ass mentor with alot of sarcasm/cynicism...hey
> > jeff....
> >

> > "Space Cadet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > I'm sure my kids would watch it! Perhaps add an adult mentor with a
> > > sense of humor ala Jackie Chan...
> > >
> > > SC

Japanese

> > or even better, a wise ass mentor with alot of sarcasm/cynicism...hey
> > jeff....
> >

> > "Space Cadet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > I'm sure my kids would watch it! Perhaps add an adult mentor with a
> > > sense of humor ala Jackie Chan...
> > >
> > > SC

Japanese

31 Aug 2003 15:51:56
NPG Plymouth UK
Re: Would the sport of paintball make a good animated cartoon?

>However, the animation style that I'd prefer would be that of Japanese
>animation or anime rather than a Groenig (Simpsons) or Klaspy-Cuspo
>(Rugrats) to keep the characters/environment realistic (A Japanese
>studio like Gainax or Mad House).

It would have to be aimed at the right viewers though. otherwise it will end up
being put in a early morning slot watched by under 10's.
maybe a South Park episode with paintball would be better....

31 Aug 2003 11:58:23
Michael Hughes
Re: Would the sport of paintball make a good animated cartoon?

yeah make sure its on after midnight.

news:[email protected]