28 Aug 2003 09:51:02
Larry Fox
Shutter Frame on old Spyder Semi?

I recently picked up a used Shutter double trigger frame to put on my
old Spyder Semi that I keep as a backup (an antique from before the
day's when Spyders had real names). After installing in on the body,
the marker would not recock properly. The bolt/striker cock back, but
not far enough to be released by the trigger. I had to pull back
slightly on the cocking knob to engage the sear, then the trigger
could be used to release the striker. Also, the new frame did not fit
a snugly to the body as the old one did.

I pulled the frame off and compared it to the old M-16 style frame
that was originally on it. After closely examining the two frames, I
noticed that the raised area around the trigger and sear that fits
into the recessed area on the marker body was slight taller (about
1/16" to 1/32") on the Shutter frame than on the old frame. I think
this very slight difference is keeping the sear from properly engaging
the striker.

Can anyone else confirm this? If so, are there any other *inexpensive*
options for putting a double trigger frame on an old Spyder?

28 Aug 2003 17:25:32
LCT Paintball
Re: Shutter Frame on old Spyder Semi?

That sounds reasonable. Can't you just file it down a little?

--
"Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
www.LCTPaintball.com

"Larry Fox" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I recently picked up a used Shutter double trigger frame to put on my
> old Spyder Semi that I keep as a backup (an antique from before the
> day's when Spyders had real names). After installing in on the body,
> the marker would not recock properly. The bolt/striker cock back, but
> not far enough to be released by the trigger. I had to pull back
> slightly on the cocking knob to engage the sear, then the trigger
> could be used to release the striker. Also, the new frame did not fit
> a snugly to the body as the old one did.
>
> I pulled the frame off and compared it to the old M-16 style frame
> that was originally on it. After closely examining the two frames, I
> noticed that the raised area around the trigger and sear that fits
> into the recessed area on the marker body was slight taller (about
> 1/16" to 1/32") on the Shutter frame than on the old frame. I think
> this very slight difference is keeping the sear from properly engaging
> the striker.
>
> Can anyone else confirm this? If so, are there any other *inexpensive*
> options for putting a double trigger frame on an old Spyder?

01 Sep 2003 09:48:53
Larry Fox
Re: Shutter Frame on old Spyder Semi?

Yeah, I probably could. I'd have to remove the sear and trigger, and
there'd be quite a bit of filing (the raised area is about 1/2" by
3").

To be honest, I'd rather find another double trigger frame that fit
better and sell the Shutter one. The problem with that is, now that
I've seen that the Shutter frame doesn't fit correctly on another of
their own (Kingman) models, I don't know which other frames (from
Kingman or otherwise) might or might not work with an old Spyder
Semi...