24 Aug 2003 02:44:44
Mx
Re: Paintball gun ?

On 8/23/03 7:09 PM, in article [email protected],
"T & K" <[email protected] > wrote:

> We are looking at buying our son a paintball gun for his birthday. We have
> found one that has electronic sights. Are sights used during wars? It does
> not look like any of the other guns could have a sight due to the fact that
> the hopper attachment would interfere with the line of sight.
> Thanks for the help.

Glad you are getting him into the sport. Just make sure safety precautions
are always followed. You should be buying him the marker only if you also
get a mask with it, or if he already has a mask. Sights are generally
useless in games/matches. I don't think "war" is the word to use, war is
hell, paintball is a game. Vert feed markers (the ones where the hopper are
centered above the marker) are more popular and keep the marker balanced.
Get one of those. Oh yeah, try and avoid markers from companies like Brass
Eagle and Kingman (Spyder). If you can't , at least get a spyder, I'd try
and get a piranha though. Again, make sure you are also getting a mask for
him, and get one for yourself as well, go to his first few games and make
sure proper safety measures are being taken. Have fun, your son will love
it!

Shadow

24 Aug 2003 20:27:48
Michael Hughes
Re: Paintball gun ?

very good man, nice to see your back with us.

"Mx" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:BB6D74EF.3D6F%[email protected]
> On 8/23/03 7:09 PM, in article
[email protected],
> "T & K" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > We are looking at buying our son a paintball gun for his birthday. We
have
> > found one that has electronic sights. Are sights used during wars? It
does
> > not look like any of the other guns could have a sight due to the fact
that
> > the hopper attachment would interfere with the line of sight.
> > Thanks for the help.
> >

> Glad you are getting him into the sport. Just make sure safety precautions
> are always followed. You should be buying him the marker only if you also
> get a mask with it, or if he already has a mask. Sights are generally
> useless in games/matches. I don't think "war" is the word to use, war is
> hell, paintball is a game. Vert feed markers (the ones where the hopper
are
> centered above the marker) are more popular and keep the marker balanced.
> Get one of those. Oh yeah, try and avoid markers from companies like Brass
> Eagle and Kingman (Spyder). If you can't , at least get a spyder, I'd try
> and get a piranha though. Again, make sure you are also getting a mask for
> him, and get one for yourself as well, go to his first few games and make
> sure proper safety measures are being taken. Have fun, your son will love
> it!
>
> Shadow

very good man, nice to see your back with us.

"Mx" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:BB6D74EF.3D6F%[email protected]
> On 8/23/03 7:09 PM, in article
[email protected],