24 Aug 2003 03:26:31
T & K
Paintball gun sights

We are looking at buying our son a paintball gun for his birthday. We have
found one that has electronic sights. Are sights used during wars? It does
not look like any of the other guns could have a sight due to the fact that
the hopper atttachment would interfere with the line of sight.
Thanks for the help.

Re: Paintball gun sights

"T & K" <[email protected] > wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> We are looking at buying our son a paintball gun for his birthday. We
> have found one that has electronic sights. Are sights used during
> wars? It does not look like any of the other guns could have a sight
> due to the fact that the hopper atttachment would interfere with the
> line of sight. Thanks for the help.

hi.

Cool you are getting him a paintball gun for his bday -- he'll love it
(pretty much whatever you get he'll dig i bet).

I play in dense woods so sites can be nice as you are usually trying for
precise shots as everyone has cover. I just got done shopping for a new -
relatively inexpensive gun and ended up choosing a tippmann a-5 for the
sites (and the good reviews and it looked cool. so far i'm happy). Its
great in the woods.

A lot of guys in here play in made fields where rate of fire or other
factors may come into play -- generally the guns with hoppers blocking a
site feed balls faster/better as they drop strait down. So if you think
he'll be doing speed ball or that, maybe the sites are not an issue

depends a bit on where he'll be doing the most shooting

-z

24 Aug 2003 15:29:20
Kevin Zoellner
Re: Paintball gun sights

T & K wrote:

>We are looking at buying our son a paintball gun for his birthday. We have
>found one that has electronic sights. Are sights used during wars? It does
>not look like any of the other guns could have a sight due to the fact that
>the hopper atttachment would interfere with the line of sight.
>Thanks for the help.

Most paint ballers just sight down the side of the gun, which of course
results in wild shots, sooting fast and walking the paint into the target.

I had to talk myself out of *fast* guns, and went for reliability and
accuracy, I can't afford the paint either, so I try not to empty the
hopper at a foe.
The Tippmann M98, or A5 have sights and are sturdy and reliable. I
selected the Tippmann M98 Custom. moslty because of the price. (I
would have rather had the A5 but it's $150 dollars more) I can hit
what I am aiming at, as a result my game has improved and my attitude
soared. It is so much more fun. The M98 has both small and large
sight rails where light scopes for pellet guns and 22's can be mounted
or the more robust signts made for large caliber pistols, shotguns and
rifles, can be used. Yes the cost a little more, if you compare them to
spyders, but go to a shop and price the autocockers!!!!! The Tippies
are not that expensive. I was looking at the Evil Omen, it has a
cam feed with an offset hopper and sights too. but its just under $500.
Yes, when playing woods ball, where the first shot counts, sights are
priceless.
Get the marker with the sights.

--
Kevin

GySgt USMC (retired)

United States Marine Corps... When it absolutely, positively, has to be destroyed overnight.

24 Aug 2003 16:36:06
news.verizon.net
Re: Paintball gun sights

i think you should not get a sight on the gun and check on ebay for an
autococker for cheap

24 Aug 2003 17:48:17
TONY SR.
Re: Paintball gun sights

sites are gay.....
"news.verizon.net" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> i think you should not get a sight on the gun and check on ebay for an
> autococker for cheap

24 Aug 2003 20:10:40
Jason G
Re: Paintball gun sights

"TONY SR." <[email protected] > made obeisance before Us and spake thusly:

>sites are gay.....

Maybe the sites _you_ visit.

--
Jason G
"Why, I'm as perky as Marlo Thomas with a lemon-lime douche."

24 Aug 2003 23:17:02
tewalsh
Re: Paintball gun sights

BURN! =D

"Jason G" <[email protected]_REMOVE_x_THIS_xx_PART_xxx_x_yahoo.com > wrote in
message news:[email protected]
> "TONY SR." <[email protected]> made obeisance before Us and spake
thusly:

> >sites are gay.....
>
> Maybe the sites _you_ visit.
>
> --
> Jason G
> "Why, I'm as perky as Marlo Thomas with a lemon-lime douche."
> -Gutterboy, a.s.c.

24 Aug 2003 20:27:19
Michael Hughes
Re: Paintball gun sights

> We are looking at buying our son a paintball gun for his birthday. We have
> found one that has electronic sights.

what kind of marker is it? It having an electronic "Sight" doesnt tell
anyone much.

Are sights used during wars?

First of all, we dont have wars, we play a game, were not out to kill
anyone. But continuing, Very few paintball guns have sights, and they are
rarley used, paintball markers are not accurate enough to be able to make
use of a sight

It does
> not look like any of the other guns could have a sight due to the fact
that
> the hopper atttachment would interfere with the line of sight.

There is a way, of tricking a sight hidden behind a vert/power feed to work,
what you do, is when aiming, keep one eye in the sight, and keep the other
eye open, with both eyes open, the brian takes the image from the sight and
lays it over the other eye's view, that said, paintballs arent accurate
enough to even land close to where the sight is aimed

> Thanks for the help.

Your welcome, but we could be alot more helpful if you mentioned what kind
of marker you were considering.

> We are looking at buying our son a paintball gun for his birthday. We have
> found one that has electronic sights.

what kind of marker is it? It having an electronic "Sight" doesnt tell
anyone much.

Are sights used during wars?

First of all, we dont have wars, we play a game, were not out to kill
anyone. But continuing, Very few paintball guns have sights, and they are
rarley used, paintball markers are not accurate enough to be able to make
use of a sight

It does
> not look like any of the other guns could have a sight due to the fact
that
> the hopper atttachment would interfere with the line of sight.

There is a way, of tricking a sight hidden behind a vert/power feed to work,
what you do, is when aiming, keep one eye in the sight, and keep the other
eye open, with both eyes open, the brian takes the image from the sight and
lays it over the other eye's view, that said, paintballs arent accurate
enough to even land close to where the sight is aimed

> Thanks for the help.

Your welcome, but we could be alot more helpful if you mentioned what kind
of marker you were considering.

24 Aug 2003 17:49:16
Mofaz
Re: Paintball gun sights

Damn! I cannot believe Tony actually said this! I mean, you wouldn't
expect a 60 year old to include 'gay' in a sentence unless it's to describe
a homosexual.

--

Mofaz
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Why, you may take the most gallant sailor, the most intrepid
airman, or the most audacious soldier, put them at a table
together -- what do you get? The sum of their fears."
-Winston Churchill
--
"TONY SR." <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> sites are gay.....
> "news.verizon.net" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > i think you should not get a sight on the gun and check on ebay for an
> > autococker for cheap

25 Aug 2003 05:57:12
TONY SR.
Re: Paintball gun sights

Ha , Jason has a site. hehehe
"Jason G" <[email protected]_REMOVE_x_THIS_xx_PART_xxx_x_yahoo.com > wrote in
message news:[email protected]
> "TONY SR." <[email protected]> made obeisance before Us and spake
thusly:

> >sites are gay.....
>
> Maybe the sites _you_ visit.
>
> --
> Jason G
> "Why, I'm as perky as Marlo Thomas with a lemon-lime douche."
> -Gutterboy, a.s.c.

25 Aug 2003 06:01:37
TONY SR.
Re: Paintball gun sights

Mofaz...64 not 60...hell I can talk still ;-)
btw/ I have not forgotten about your Keely poster. just have not seen her
for awhile...I will try to remember to call Todd Martinez to get Keely to
sign for you.
news:[email protected]