27 Aug 2003 13:52:00
Mofaz
OT: FTC's Do Not Call List

I, like anyone else, am annoyed by telemarketers despite my number
supposedly being unlisted. I must encourage all of you to put these people
out of business (and their employees out of work) by placing your name along
with the 41.2+ million other names on the Do Not Call list at www.ftc.gov.

Telemarketer? Scared of becoming unemployed and unable to feed your family?
GOOD! You should be.

--

Mofaz
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Why, you may take the most gallant sailor, the most intrepid
airman, or the most audacious soldier, put them at a table
together -- what do you get? The sum of their fears."
-Winston Churchill

PballWOLF
Re: OT: FTC's Do Not Call List

>Telemarketer? Scared of becoming unemployed and unable to feed your family?
>GOOD! You should be.
>--
>Mofaz

Mofaz challenges all telemarketers to meet him at a nearby paintball field and
settle this issue once and for all!

:)

27 Aug 2003 17:32:50
Shane
Re: OT: FTC's Do Not Call List

Careful of the loophole in the law. Those nice little freebie offers you get
in the mail have fine print that allows them to contact you via phone
whether your name is on that list or not.

"PballWOLF" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> >Telemarketer? Scared of becoming unemployed and unable to feed your
family?
> >GOOD! You should be.
> >--
> >Mofaz
>
> Mofaz challenges all telemarketers to meet him at a nearby paintball field
and
> settle this issue once and for all!
>
> :)

27 Aug 2003 21:54:38
Bob
Re: FTC's Do Not Call List

I really dont have a problem with telemarketers, sure sometimes they piss me
off when I'm in the middle of doing something and the phone rings, but the
amount of fun I have when I'm not doing something makes up for it.
"Mofaz" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I, like anyone else, am annoyed by telemarketers despite my number
> supposedly being unlisted. I must encourage all of you to put these
people
> out of business (and their employees out of work) by placing your name
along
> with the 41.2+ million other names on the Do Not Call list at www.ftc.gov.
>
> Telemarketer? Scared of becoming unemployed and unable to feed your
family?
> GOOD! You should be.
>
> --
>
> Mofaz
> "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
> - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
>
> "Why, you may take the most gallant sailor, the most intrepid
> airman, or the most audacious soldier, put them at a table
> together -- what do you get? The sum of their fears."
> -Winston Churchill

Mofaz
Re: OT: FTC's Do Not Call List

*slaps forehead in embarassment* Let's not bring that up again. Okay?

--

Mofaz
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Why, you may take the most gallant sailor, the most intrepid
airman, or the most audacious soldier, put them at a table
together -- what do you get? The sum of their fears."
-Winston Churchill
--
"PballWOLF" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> >Telemarketer? Scared of becoming unemployed and unable to feed your
family?
> >GOOD! You should be.
> >--
> >Mofaz
>
> Mofaz challenges all telemarketers to meet him at a nearby paintball field
and
> settle this issue once and for all!
>
> :)

27 Aug 2003 22:27:54
Tys0n
Re: FTC's Do Not Call List

Aint that the truth...one thing that'll reallie piss em off....let em get
bout half way through their schpill and tell em that you didnt catch it and
make them repeat it bout 3 times then say oh i'm not interested *works very
well on speaker fone will your doing somehting other than listening..just
wait for them to shut up*

-Ty

"Bob" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I really dont have a problem with telemarketers, sure sometimes they piss
me
> off when I'm in the middle of doing something and the phone rings, but the
> amount of fun I have when I'm not doing something makes up for it.
> "Mofaz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I, like anyone else, am annoyed by telemarketers despite my number
> > supposedly being unlisted. I must encourage all of you to put these
> people
> > out of business (and their employees out of work) by placing your name
> along
> > with the 41.2+ million other names on the Do Not Call list at
www.ftc.gov.

> > Telemarketer? Scared of becoming unemployed and unable to feed your
> family?
> > GOOD! You should be.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Mofaz
> > "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
> > - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
> >
> > "Why, you may take the most gallant sailor, the most intrepid
> > airman, or the most audacious soldier, put them at a table
> > together -- what do you get? The sum of their fears."
> > -Winston Churchill
> > --

27 Aug 2003 22:50:00
LCT Paintball
Re: FTC's Do Not Call List

Never tried that one. ; )
Ever notice most of them ask if * is available? I just tell them no, he's
married. If it's a guy on the other end I say, "why are you looking for a
date". They usually become so flustered they can barely talk.
Of course, once I tried that line on a woman that sounded like she was about
60 yrs old, obviously black and sounded like she would be about 400 pounds.
She answered back with "honey, you couldn't handle me". Then I was the one
flustered. ; )

--
"Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
www.LCTPaintball.com

"Tys0n" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Aint that the truth...one thing that'll reallie piss em off....let em get
> bout half way through their schpill and tell em that you didnt catch it
and
> make them repeat it bout 3 times then say oh i'm not interested *works
very
> well on speaker fone will your doing somehting other than listening..just
> wait for them to shut up*
>
> -Ty
>
> "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I really dont have a problem with telemarketers, sure sometimes they
piss
> me
> > off when I'm in the middle of doing something and the phone rings, but
the
> > amount of fun I have when I'm not doing something makes up for it.
> > "Mofaz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > I, like anyone else, am annoyed by telemarketers despite my number
> > > supposedly being unlisted. I must encourage all of you to put these
> > people
> > > out of business (and their employees out of work) by placing your name
> > along
> > > with the 41.2+ million other names on the Do Not Call list at
> www.ftc.gov.
> > >
> > > Telemarketer? Scared of becoming unemployed and unable to feed your
> > family?
> > > GOOD! You should be.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Mofaz
> > > "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
> > > - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
> > >
> > > "Why, you may take the most gallant sailor, the most intrepid
> > > airman, or the most audacious soldier, put them at a table
> > > together -- what do you get? The sum of their fears."
> > > -Winston Churchill
> > > --

28 Aug 2003 02:46:53
Volt
Re: OT: FTC's Do Not Call List

It too late and that was funny as hell, PballWOLF.
--
Volt
MVP Products LLC

"Mofaz" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> *slaps forehead in embarassment* Let's not bring that up again. Okay?
>
> --
>
> Mofaz
> "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
> - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
>
> "Why, you may take the most gallant sailor, the most intrepid
> airman, or the most audacious soldier, put them at a table
> together -- what do you get? The sum of their fears."
> -Winston Churchill
> --
> "PballWOLF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > >Telemarketer? Scared of becoming unemployed and unable to feed your
> family?
> > >GOOD! You should be.
> > >--
> > >Mofaz
> >
> > Mofaz challenges all telemarketers to meet him at a nearby paintball
field
> and
> > settle this issue once and for all!
> >
> > :)

28 Aug 2003 02:50:27
Volt
Re: FTC's Do Not Call List

I always tell them that the Mr. or Mrs. is in some place like Denmark, South
Africa, the Ukraine or some other place and that I'm just there to answer
the phone.
--
Volt
MVP Products LLC
It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our
humanity.
Albert Einstein

"LCT Paintball" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Never tried that one. ; )
> Ever notice most of them ask if * is available? I just tell them no, he's
> married. If it's a guy on the other end I say, "why are you looking for a
> date". They usually become so flustered they can barely talk.
> Of course, once I tried that line on a woman that sounded like she was
about
> 60 yrs old, obviously black and sounded like she would be about 400
pounds.
> She answered back with "honey, you couldn't handle me". Then I was the one
> flustered. ; )
>
> --
> "Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
> www.LCTPaintball.com
>

> "Tys0n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Aint that the truth...one thing that'll reallie piss em off....let em
get
> > bout half way through their schpill and tell em that you didnt catch it
> and
> > make them repeat it bout 3 times then say oh i'm not interested *works
> very
> > well on speaker fone will your doing somehting other than
listening..just
> > wait for them to shut up*
> >
> > -Ty
> >
> > "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > I really dont have a problem with telemarketers, sure sometimes they
> piss
> > me
> > > off when I'm in the middle of doing something and the phone rings, but
> the
> > > amount of fun I have when I'm not doing something makes up for it.
> > > "Mofaz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> > > people
> > > along
> > www.ftc.gov.

> > > family?

27 Aug 2003 20:23:37
Jose I. Sanchez
Re: FTC's Do Not Call List

I once let a sales person finish their pitch and said...
"I'm sorry. I have no hands."

The sales person replied..
"I'm sorry?"

I re-stated...
"I'm sorry. I have no hands."

-click-

Da Hose

"Volt" <[email protected]**remove**maxvpaintball.com > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I always tell them that the Mr. or Mrs. is in some place like Denmark,
South
> Africa, the Ukraine or some other place and that I'm just there to answer
> the phone.
> --
> Volt
> MVP Products LLC
> It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our
> humanity.
> Albert Einstein
>

> "LCT Paintball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Never tried that one. ; )
> > Ever notice most of them ask if * is available? I just tell them no,
he's
> > married. If it's a guy on the other end I say, "why are you looking for
> > date". They usually become so flustered they can barely talk.
> > Of course, once I tried that line on a woman that sounded like she was
> about
> > 60 yrs old, obviously black and sounded like she would be about 400
> pounds.
> > She answered back with "honey, you couldn't handle me". Then I was the
one
> > flustered. ; )
> >
> > --
> > "Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
> > www.LCTPaintball.com
> >

> > "Tys0n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Aint that the truth...one thing that'll reallie piss em off....let em
> get
> > > bout half way through their schpill and tell em that you didnt catch
it
> > and
> > > make them repeat it bout 3 times then say oh i'm not interested *works
> > very
> > > well on speaker fone will your doing somehting other than
> listening..just
> > > wait for them to shut up*
> > >
> > > -Ty
> > >
> > > "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> > piss
> > > me
> > the
> name
> > > www.ftc.gov.

28 Aug 2003 08:02:57
Bob
Re: FTC's Do Not Call List

When the mortgage refinancers call and tell you that you could get 10,000
dollars cash if you refinance, they say what would you do with that extra
money and I always tell them I'd buy drugs, interesting responses
"Bob" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I really dont have a problem with telemarketers, sure sometimes they piss
me
> off when I'm in the middle of doing something and the phone rings, but the
> amount of fun I have when I'm not doing something makes up for it.
> "Mofaz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I, like anyone else, am annoyed by telemarketers despite my number
> > supposedly being unlisted. I must encourage all of you to put these
> people
> > out of business (and their employees out of work) by placing your name
> along
> > with the 41.2+ million other names on the Do Not Call list at
www.ftc.gov.

> > Telemarketer? Scared of becoming unemployed and unable to feed your
> family?
> > GOOD! You should be.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Mofaz
> > "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
> > - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
> >
> > "Why, you may take the most gallant sailor, the most intrepid
> > airman, or the most audacious soldier, put them at a table
> > together -- what do you get? The sum of their fears."
> > -Winston Churchill
> > --

28 Aug 2003 13:45:32
LCT Paintball
Re: FTC's Do Not Call List

I had saleswoman call asking for my wife. She really wasn't home, so that's
what I told her. So she goes into her sales speech anyway trying to get me
to buy pantyhose for my wife. She explained that they would send them out on
a regular basis. I told her that would get me in all sorts of trouble since
my wife didn't have any legs. ; )

--
"Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
www.LCTPaintball.com

"Jose I. Sanchez" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I once let a sales person finish their pitch and said...
> "I'm sorry. I have no hands."
>
> The sales person replied..
> "I'm sorry?"
>
> I re-stated...
> "I'm sorry. I have no hands."
>
> -click-
>
> Da Hose
>

> "Volt" <[email protected]**remove**maxvpaintball.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I always tell them that the Mr. or Mrs. is in some place like Denmark,
> South
> > Africa, the Ukraine or some other place and that I'm just there to
answer
> > the phone.
> > --
> > Volt
> > MVP Products LLC
> > It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our
> > humanity.
> > Albert Einstein
> >

> > "LCT Paintball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Never tried that one. ; )
> > > Ever notice most of them ask if * is available? I just tell them no,
> he's
> > > married. If it's a guy on the other end I say, "why are you looking
for
> > > date". They usually become so flustered they can barely talk.
> > > Of course, once I tried that line on a woman that sounded like she was
> > about
> > > 60 yrs old, obviously black and sounded like she would be about 400
> > pounds.
> > > She answered back with "honey, you couldn't handle me". Then I was the
> one
> > > flustered. ; )
> > >
> > > --
> > > "Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
> > > www.LCTPaintball.com
> > >

> > > "Tys0n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> > get
> it
> > > and
> > > very
> > listening..just

> > > piss
> but
> > > the
> these
> > name

> your

28 Aug 2003 07:45:46
Paintballmavin
Re: FTC's Do Not Call List

.
"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> (if you have a dog that barks a lot)
> An amusing time you can have is starting the conversation, pretending to
be
> listening for like 5 seconds or whatever, and then pretend to yell at the
> dog, say "hold on", and pretend to beat the utter shit out of your dog.
>
> "Mr. Smith, we have a wonderful can of spam we'd like to offer you at the
> unheard of price..."
> "... hold on... ... MAX! NO!... sorry, continue..."
> "... uh... unheard of price of..."
> "... goddammit hold on... <puts phone down> YOU FUCKIN USELESS MUTT! I
SAID
> NO YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT! GET YOUR FUCKIN ASS OVER HERE! *slamming
> newspaper onto table next to you* I'LL BEAT YOUR STUPID ASS SO SILLY...
> COME'ERE!!! *grunting, beating on a pillow, newspaper smacks onto table,
> wife helps out by giving fake yelping sounds*... That'll teach ya... NOW
> STAY THERE... fuckin dog... <picks up phone>... Now... where were we?"
> "Uh... hrm... yah, uh... spam... so... you know what? I can call back"
> <CLICK>
>
> I would say pretend to beat the shit out of your wife or kids, but someone
> is likely to call the cops on you for that. Unfortunately, I traumatized
my
> dog when he was growing up by firing my paintball gun inside the house
when
> testing it, so now he's afraid of all loud noises, including me shouting,
so
> I generally don't use this tactic except when the dogs are already
outside.
> I only want it to *seem* like I'm abusing my dog, not actually do it. ;)
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD
> It's not a god complex when you're always right
> http://www.goslin.info
>

> "Volt" <[email protected]**remove**maxvpaintball.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I always tell them that the Mr. or Mrs. is in some place like Denmark,
> South
> > Africa, the Ukraine or some other place and that I'm just there to
answer
> > the phone.
> > --
> > Volt
> > MVP Products LLC
> > It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our
> > humanity.
> > Albert Einstein
> >

> > "LCT Paintball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Never tried that one. ; )
> > > Ever notice most of them ask if * is available? I just tell them no,
> he's
> > > married. If it's a guy on the other end I say, "why are you looking
for
> > > date". They usually become so flustered they can barely talk.
> > > Of course, once I tried that line on a woman that sounded like she was
> > about
> > > 60 yrs old, obviously black and sounded like she would be about 400
> > pounds.
> > > She answered back with "honey, you couldn't handle me". Then I was the
> one
> > > flustered. ; )
> > >
> > > --
> > > "Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
> > > www.LCTPaintball.com
> > >

> > > "Tys0n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> [...]
I've had a lot of fun just answering the phone, & when they ask " is so & so
available?"
I just tell them "hang on a moment", set the phone down & walk off just to
see how long they'll wait. I've had telemarketers wait 20 minutes before
they'd get mad & hang up....a nice side effect of this is the fact that they
RARELY call me anymore. I don't know if it's just coincidence, or if
they've got a "DO NOT CALL" list of their own, but I know my phone rings a
lot less nowadays

28 Aug 2003 13:48:46
LCT Paintball
Re: FTC's Do Not Call List

I get allot of calls at work trying to get me to change my phone service.
They brag about how much money I'd save, so I tell them I don't like to save
money. Ya see, if I save money then it shows up as income for my business.
If I actually make money, then I have to pay taxes, and I HATE paying taxes.

--
"Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
www.LCTPaintball.com

"Bob" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> When the mortgage refinancers call and tell you that you could get 10,000
> dollars cash if you refinance, they say what would you do with that extra
> money and I always tell them I'd buy drugs, interesting responses
> "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I really dont have a problem with telemarketers, sure sometimes they
piss
> me
> > off when I'm in the middle of doing something and the phone rings, but
the
> > amount of fun I have when I'm not doing something makes up for it.
> > "Mofaz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > I, like anyone else, am annoyed by telemarketers despite my number
> > > supposedly being unlisted. I must encourage all of you to put these
> > people
> > > out of business (and their employees out of work) by placing your name
> > along
> > > with the 41.2+ million other names on the Do Not Call list at
> www.ftc.gov.
> > >
> > > Telemarketer? Scared of becoming unemployed and unable to feed your
> > family?
> > > GOOD! You should be.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Mofaz
> > > "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
> > > - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
> > >
> > > "Why, you may take the most gallant sailor, the most intrepid
> > > airman, or the most audacious soldier, put them at a table
> > > together -- what do you get? The sum of their fears."
> > > -Winston Churchill
> > > --

28 Aug 2003 10:34:26
Nick W.
Re: FTC's Do Not Call List

> I've had a lot of fun just answering the phone, & when they ask " is so &
so
> available?"
> I just tell them "hang on a moment", set the phone down & walk off just to
> see how long they'll wait. I've had telemarketers wait 20 minutes before
> they'd get mad & hang up....a nice side effect of this is the fact that
they
> RARELY call me anymore. I don't know if it's just coincidence, or if
> they've got a "DO NOT CALL" list of their own, but I know my phone rings a
> lot less nowadays

That is a really good idea..Minimal effort on my part, and irritating and
time consuming for them....eeeexcellent.

-Nick

28 Aug 2003 10:39:22
Nick W.
Re: FTC's Do Not Call List

I was behind a car in traffic once that had one of those license plate
frames that said "Proud to be a Telemarketer" I often wonder if they have
to replace their tires a lot. A part of me actually wanted to throw garbage
at them, since it was people like them that made it impossible for me to
get a good sound sleep during the day when I worked nights. (I would've just
turned the ringer off but I was at my parents house and I would've forgotten
to turn it back on and then there would've been trouble.)

-Nick

"Mofaz" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I, like anyone else, am annoyed by telemarketers despite my number
> supposedly being unlisted. I must encourage all of you to put these
people
> out of business (and their employees out of work) by placing your name
along
> with the 41.2+ million other names on the Do Not Call list at www.ftc.gov.
>
> Telemarketer? Scared of becoming unemployed and unable to feed your
family?
> GOOD! You should be.
>
> --
>
> Mofaz
> "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
> - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
>
> "Why, you may take the most gallant sailor, the most intrepid
> airman, or the most audacious soldier, put them at a table
> together -- what do you get? The sum of their fears."
> -Winston Churchill

Aaron
Re: FTC's Do Not Call List

My favorite was a call asking to switch long distance carriers. Of course
they called me at work and at that time I was working for a phone
company....
They were rather confused when they asked me who my long distance carrier
was and I said I provided my own.

"LCT Paintball" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:2Ln3b.282764$o%[email protected]
> I get allot of calls at work trying to get me to change my phone service.
> They brag about how much money I'd save, so I tell them I don't like to
save
> money. Ya see, if I save money then it shows up as income for my business.
> If I actually make money, then I have to pay taxes, and I HATE paying
taxes.

> --
> "Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
> www.LCTPaintball.com
>

> "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > When the mortgage refinancers call and tell you that you could get
10,000
> > dollars cash if you refinance, they say what would you do with that
extra
> > money and I always tell them I'd buy drugs, interesting responses
> > "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > I really dont have a problem with telemarketers, sure sometimes they
> piss
> > me
> > > off when I'm in the middle of doing something and the phone rings, but
> the
> > > amount of fun I have when I'm not doing something makes up for it.
> > > "Mofaz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> > > people
> > > along
> > www.ftc.gov.

> > > family?

29 Aug 2003 15:52:19
Chris Phillipo
Re: FTC's Do Not Call List

In article <[email protected] >,
[email protected]**remove**maxvpaintball.com says...
> I always tell them that the Mr. or Mrs. is in some place like Denmark, South
> Africa, the Ukraine or some other place and that I'm just there to answer
> the phone.
> --
> Volt
> MVP Products LLC
> It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our
> humanity.
> Albert Einstein

So sir, would you like better long distance rates?
--
http://www.ramsays-online.com