30 Oct 2003 21:10:00
RB
Mask Fogging

Any recommendations on how to keep my mask from fogging up? I get into the
middle of a game and can't see a darn thing. The staff at my field say it is
what it is. They said the fans don't work. HELP!!!

30 Oct 2003 22:22:14
Insane Ranter
Re: Mask Fogging

"RB" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Any recommendations on how to keep my mask from fogging up?

Stop breathing....

> I get into the
> middle of a game and can't see a darn thing. The staff at my field say it
is
> what it is.

Umm say what what is?

> They said the fans don't work. HELP!!!

I say stop breathing or get some thermal lens

30 Oct 2003 23:08:22
phroboi
Re: Mask Fogging

I'd suggest just buying a thermal insert for your mask. pbgear.com is
fairly cheap on the lenses, and if you wanted to go and buy a whole new
mask.

31 Oct 2003 06:52:40
vercingetorix
Re: Mask Fogging

I like my noisy little fan.I can't hear anyway. What? Keeps the lens clear
on these humid southern days. What? $30.

http://search.cartserver.com/search/search.cgi?cartid=a-9300&category=Paintball&maxhits=20&keywords=ph03macc

"RB" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Any recommendations on how to keep my mask from fogging up? I get into the
> middle of a game and can't see a darn thing. The staff at my field say it
is
> what it is. They said the fans don't work. HELP!!!

31 Oct 2003 05:32:55
Jeff Goslin
Re: Mask Fogging

Switch to a thermal lensed system. Odds are that the mask you are currently
using is a single pane lens, a non-thermal lens. The thermal lenses have
two lenses sort of molded together, and it makes for an almost fog proof
mask. It costs more, of course, but it's the best investment you'll ever
make. My personal favorite is the JT Spectra system, but there are many
choices out there. Visit your local PB store to check a few out. Make sure
to ask for a THERMAL system. The whole set will likely run you around 50
bucks or more.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

"RB" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Any recommendations on how to keep my mask from fogging up? I get into the
> middle of a game and can't see a darn thing. The staff at my field say it
is
> what it is. They said the fans don't work. HELP!!!

31 Oct 2003 08:17:17
Excalibur Acid
Re: Mask Fogging

"RB" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Any recommendations on how to keep my mask from fogging up? I get into the
> middle of a game and can't see a darn thing. The staff at my field say it
is
> what it is. They said the fans don't work. HELP!!!

31 Oct 2003 08:39:50
Excalibur Acid
Re: Mask Fogging

Well first I would try and figure out why your mask is fogging. Are other
people's masks fogging? If not take a look and see if they have thermal
lens. Are they dressed in lighter clothes or less layers. Are you wearing a
hat? how tight do you keep your goggles? and do you wear the strap high
enough on your head. If you wear the strap low it causes a gap around the
bottom of the goggle and your face allowing hot air to enter the goggles.

Try breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth and make sure
you exhale down and out of the mask.

I have found the fan works OK. But before you get that take a look at the v
force morph goggles. They aren't thermal goggles but I have found the design
of the lens and mask keeps not only the mask from fogging but also my
glasses.

In between games it also helps to take a paper towel and dry as much sweat
out of the foam as possible.

"RB" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Any recommendations on how to keep my mask from fogging up? I get into the
> middle of a game and can't see a darn thing. The staff at my field say it
is
> what it is. They said the fans don't work. HELP!!!

31 Oct 2003 09:49:42
Jason G
Re: Mask Fogging

In article <[email protected] >, RB says...

>Any recommendations on how to keep my mask from fogging up? I get into the
>middle of a game and can't see a darn thing. The staff at my field say it is
>what it is. They said the fans don't work. HELP!!!

Try a V-Force, they don't fog, and don't have the reduced optics of a
double-paned thermal lens.

--
Jason G
[New sig coming soon. Watch this space.]

01 Nov 2003 05:33:10
Kevin Zoellner
Re: Mask Fogging

RB wrote:

>Any recommendations on how to keep my mask from fogging up? I get into the
>middle of a game and can't see a darn thing. The staff at my field say it is
>what it is. They said the fans don't work. HELP!!!

JT thermal lens will fog up anyway

Get a V-Force Sheild or Morph.
The fit of the mask is better, breathing vents are better, the distance
from the lens to the face is larger, so it doesn't build up heat.
The better venting and the bubble lens both contribute to the fact that
the mask does not fog up.

--
Kevin

GySgt USMC (retired)

United States Marine Corps... When it absolutely, positively, has to be destroyed overnight.

01 Nov 2003 19:08:21
Michael Hughes
Re: Mask Fogging

Buy a thermal lens

"RB" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Any recommendations on how to keep my mask from fogging up? I get into the
> middle of a game and can't see a darn thing. The staff at my field say it
is
> what it is. They said the fans don't work. HELP!!!

02 Nov 2003 16:30:59
op4_camper
Re: Mask Fogging

Buy thermal and I also use a 12 volt cpu fan that I run off a 9volt bat. You
can get the fan at RS for $8.00 or so or you can get one at the show for
$2.00 or $3.00. There the small fans like 40mm . I just slot the top of mask
under the visor and mount fan, and the bat. and switch down by my cheak.